Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591505 times)

Offline Anna

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1530 on: June 27, 2015, 07:19:06 PM »
@misty You have got one of those names wrong. That letter is a ß.

What B  or 8?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline misty

« Reply #1531 on: June 27, 2015, 07:29:13 PM »
@misty You have got one of those names wrong. That letter is a ß.

Ok, so it's an ess-testt, which makes it Sabine Rosner.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1532 on: June 28, 2015, 11:13:00 AM »
Ok, so it's an ess-testt, which makes it Sabine Rosner.
Usually transcribed into english as "ss" Misty.
http://theportugalnews.com/news/portuguese-police-still-in-the-dark-over-moroccan-link/22404
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 12:38:48 PM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #1533 on: June 28, 2015, 01:38:16 PM »
Usually transcribed into english as "ss" Misty.
http://theportugalnews.com/news/portuguese-police-still-in-the-dark-over-moroccan-link/22404

Thank you for that. So we have another variation of the German "s". (Most of the googling seems to show Rosner with one "s" in English & there is a match for her birth city)
All this merely illustrates the errors which could have been made in background checks on people.
It also illustrates how the translators could have easily used  incorrect words if the originals were not typed up correctly.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1534 on: June 28, 2015, 01:52:35 PM »
Thank you for that. So we have another variation of the German "s". (Most of the googling seems to show Rosner with one "s" in English & there is a match for her birth city)
All this merely illustrates the errors which could have been made in background checks on people.
It also illustrates how the translators could have easily used  incorrect words if the originals were not typed up correctly.
But Misty you should notice that at least 2 British police officers took part in the search of this residence at about 9am on 8th 9th May, and it is those Brit officers who would have spoken to the occupants and asked to see their passports. So already 2 of your 3 criticisms that the PJ got spelling wrong, are actually criticisms of Brit police.  (Edited to right date)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 02:52:04 PM by pegasus »

Offline Carana

« Reply #1535 on: June 28, 2015, 01:57:32 PM »
But Misty you should notice that at least 2 British police officers took part in the search of this residence on 8th May, and it is those Brit officers who would have spoken to the occupants and asked to see their passports. So already 2 of your 3 criticisms that the PJ got spelling wrong, are actually criticisms of Brit police.

??????

I'm lost, Pegasus.

Which residence, and when? And when can a foreign assisting police force insist on checking ID in a foreign country?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1536 on: June 28, 2015, 02:08:20 PM »
??????

I'm lost, Pegasus.

Which residence, and when? And when can a foreign assisting police force insist on checking ID in a foreign country?
Because Brit police were an integral part of Mr Amaral's investigation.
They went with PJ on searches of residences, they provided phone experts, criminal behaviour experts, search experts, and more. The large group of Brit officers and experts of the LP and Met and NPIA and numerous other agencies who were helping Mr Amaral in PDL in May 2007 must be rather shocked when they read the desperate attempts to discredit their skilled work for Mr Amaral.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 02:11:18 PM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1537 on: June 28, 2015, 02:17:10 PM »
What B  or 8?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9F
Absolutely anything now gets turned into accusations that the PJ were incompetent, this must really annoy the Brit professionals who were present.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 02:21:02 PM by pegasus »

Offline Anna

« Reply #1538 on: June 28, 2015, 02:27:29 PM »
Absolutely anything now gets turned into accusations that the PJ were incompetent, this must really annoy the Brit professionals who were present.

Thanks ...I got it.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1539 on: June 28, 2015, 02:34:02 PM »

My difficulty with this is that whichever way one looks at the issue translation of one kind or another has to take place. 

Without checking further, I rather doubt the Brits took statements in Portugal while the Portuguese stood idly by.  I rather think the Portuguese police took statements with the aid of an interpreter.

For example eight years after the event when SY are on Portuguese soil the PJ are questioning the people SY requested to be interviewed and if memory serves me well, to a set of pre-submitted questions from which no deviation is allowed.

SY are observers and I believe a similar procedure was involved when Rebelo was in Britain.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #1540 on: June 28, 2015, 02:42:05 PM »
Because Brit police were an integral part of Mr Amaral's investigation.
They went with PJ on searches of residences, they provided phone experts, criminal behaviour experts, search experts, and more. The large group of Brit officers and experts of the LP and Met and NPIA and numerous other agencies who were helping Mr Amaral in PDL in May 2007 must be rather shocked when they read the desperate attempts to discredit their skilled work for Mr Amaral.

04-Processos Vol IV pages 868 to 869
04_VOLUME_IVa_Page_868

04_VOLUME_IVa_Page_869

Diligence carried out on couple in Edificio Pedras Brancas, Luz, Lagos 2007.05.09

EXTERNAL INQUIRY REPORT

Date: 2007/05/09
Place: Edificio Pedras Brancas, no. *** - Luz - Lagos

Responsible Officers: Reis Santos, Inspector Chief, Helder Carmo and Tony Almeida

Description and result:
---At 08H30, it came to the attention of the PJ, from an individual who chose not to identify himself, that the day before yesterday (08/05/07), a couple resident at number *** Edificio Pedras Brancas ' Luz ' Lagos, had conversed, and in the middle of the conversation it appeared to him that they were discussing a child and the possibility of the Police finding her in that place;
---We immediately left for that residence indicated above;
---Upon approaching the residence in question, we were greeted by the owner identified as K*** P***** K*****, born 12/04/1968, in Scarborough ' U.K., holder of a British passport no. ******, and to whom we explained the reason for our visit. He immediately invited the PJ inspectors to enter and to carry out all necessary checks;
---In conversation with K*** K******, he confirmed having had a discussion with his wife and referred to the situation of the missing child and that she had to be found by the police in the Luz area;
---K*** ***** also informed the officers that on 02/05/2007, he was hospitalised due to a right foot fracture;
---He also identified his wife, S****** D***** R*****, - Germany, holder of a German passport, no. **********;
---We looked through the home, and nothing was found.

====================================================

Sorry, but just not seeing an English name overseeing this search which took place on 9th May.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1541 on: June 28, 2015, 02:50:43 PM »
@misty you're right about it being the 9th I will correct my post.
However, at least 2 Brit officers were definitely present (possibly 3 if you do some basic maths).
The spelling is unimportant IMO but it is a good example of how Brit police were working with Mr Amaral.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 02:58:16 PM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #1542 on: June 28, 2015, 05:46:31 PM »
@misty you're right about it being the 9th I will correct my post.
However, at least 2 Brit officers were definitely present (possibly 3 if you do some basic maths).
The spelling is unimportant IMO but it is a good example of how Brit police were working with Mr Amaral.

If the spelling was unimportant, why did the PJ deem it necessary to pay SR a second visit to view the contents of her fridge?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1543 on: June 28, 2015, 06:28:51 PM »
If the spelling was unimportant, why did the PJ deem it necessary to pay SR a second visit to view the contents of her fridge?
Lots of residences in that part of town were visited at that time.

Offline misty

« Reply #1544 on: June 28, 2015, 06:39:01 PM »
Lots of residences in that part of town were visited at that time.

Were lots of residences visited twice in the very early days, or did the PJ target SM's building for special attention, including SR & KF's home?