Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591645 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1560 on: July 08, 2015, 06:26:48 AM »
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CECILIA-DFC.htm
02_VOLUME_IIa_Page_278
 Revised translation.

Processos Volume II

Pages 277-278

Witness Statement

Cecilia Paula Dias Firmino do Carmo

Date/Time: 2007/05/06 22H00

Place of Work: Millenium restaurant, OC.

She confirms that she is an employee of the OC, having signed a seven month contract in April this year. She worked in the resort last year, with the same functions and for the same period of time.

She says that her job is to receive guests at the entrance to the Millenium restaurant and check whether they have to pay for breakfast or whether this is included in their package. She works from 07.00 to 12.00 from Tuesdays to Saturdays. She says that she only attends to guests at breakfast time except on Wednesdays when there is Barbecue Night at the restaurant and when she welcomes guests for dinner, working from 18.00 to 22.00.

When asked, she says that due to her work she knows most of the guests given that most of them visit the Millenium as it is the only restaurant that serves breakfast.

When asked, she says that she knows the parents, the siblings and Madeleine. She received them for breakfast on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, she does not know whether they went for breakfast on Sunday or Monday, as these were her days off.

She says that breakfast was served between 08.00 and 10.00 and that the McCanns would arrive between 08.00 and 09.00.

She says that the McCanns appeared to be a normal family and that the relation between the members of the family was very good. Madeleine appeared to be very attached to her father and was always clinging on to him. Given her public relations function she was always very nice to the guests and would get involved with the children, saying that Madeleine was very shy and did not respond to her. She says that the only contact she had with guests was at the entrance to the Millenium restaurant, she did not have a view of the tables or the Buffet area.

She heard about the disappearance on Friday morning 4th May from a colleague called Alice.

The resort is very calm, the witness only knows of a few minor thefts and is very surprised at the news. She has no information that could help locate Madeleine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A mistaken witness?

Who knows? In theory she checked the paperwork to make sure they were entitled to take breakfast there, so it shouldn't have been a mistake just from seeing a similar family, she should have checked the name.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #1561 on: July 08, 2015, 03:17:16 PM »
Who knows? In theory she checked the paperwork to make sure they were entitled to take breakfast there, so it shouldn't have been a mistake just from seeing a similar family, she should have checked the name.

She checked the paperwork. She positively ID'd the McCann family as being in the Millenium for breakfast 3 days in a row. Yet she was wrong - so which family of 5 with a clingy daughter who resembled Madeleine did she witness?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1562 on: July 08, 2015, 03:36:42 PM »
She checked the paperwork. She positively ID'd the McCann family as being in the Millenium for breakfast 3 days in a row. Yet she was wrong - so which family of 5 with a clingy daughter who resembled Madeleine did she witness?

Wasn't the Millenium the only CCTV footage recovered from Praia da Luz?  Obviously they had the CCTV equipment ... maybe not for breakfast.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #1563 on: July 08, 2015, 08:38:00 PM »
Wasn't the Millenium the only CCTV footage recovered from Praia da Luz?  Obviously they had the CCTV equipment ... maybe not for breakfast.

Are you thinking of the Paraiso restaraunt?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1564 on: July 08, 2015, 08:54:48 PM »
Are you thinking of the Paraiso restaraunt?

Possibly.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #1565 on: July 08, 2015, 09:24:02 PM »
                               Possibly.

Did you read about and/or see the cctv playback, because the only playback was of the Paraiso

I have never come across any reference to cctv from the Millenium restaraunt

On this side subject, what do you think of the  very conflicting statements of Fiona Payne and Kate Mccann as regards Kate Mccann being invited to the Paraiso restaraunt on the Thursday 3rd May?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1566 on: July 19, 2015, 01:34:09 PM »
Video shop owner Simon Russell, the girl he spotted was Sarah Silva. It was a catamaran of high dimensions with the name "TROPICS".

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/EXTERNAL.htm

expatsblog.com

Eggman

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-453724/Revealed-The-police-e-fit-Madeleines-abductor-thats-egg-parting.html

10 May 2007
There are currently 180 senior detectives and 800 beat officers on the case but there numbers will have to be "radically" slashed.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1551163/Four-very-useful-leads-boost-Madeleine-hunt.html

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PROCESSO_4a.htm

Sent : 25th September 2007 11:46
To : Task
Subject : FW : M2330 - forward to Portugal

Rec By : TPHONE : Serial : 534 : Ident : BC19 - 7767 1506 07/09/07
Phone : 011627xxxxx Not a TK
Location : Leic(e)s(ter) Nuffield Hosp(ital)/SCRAPTOFT LN. Leicester
Origin : Pippa York - Staff Member : Third Party

Text :
Has received a phone call from male in Kent - Don't know why he phoned Location - Mr Simon Russell, 017324xxxxx - Stated he had rang Scotland Yard but they were not interested. He was saying he had an address that needed checking out in Europe - 'xxx', Axxxxxxxx Rxxx - 3 villages in Europe with this address.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ASSORTED_SIGHTINGS_13.htm
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 01:38:53 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1567 on: July 19, 2015, 02:06:29 PM »
@pathfinder Your post is interesting, and contains two different things, unconnected with each other.

1. A report in May 2007 of a video shop owner's account about a Brazilian couple who lived on a boat at Lagos.

2. A report in May 2012 in the Evening Standard and This Is London newspapers about a British man who owned a boat at Lagos but didn't live on it. BTW if this report is true I think maybe an original completely non-suspicious word "adopt" got morphed (or "mitched") into "abduct" into "kidnap" if you see what I mean?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 02:08:55 PM by pegasus »

Offline Anna

« Reply #1568 on: July 19, 2015, 02:16:18 PM »
Video shop owner Simon Russell, the girl he spotted was Sarah Silva. It was a catamaran of high dimensions with the name "TROPICS".

expatsblog.com

Eggman

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-453724/Revealed-The-police-e-fit-Madeleines-abductor-thats-egg-parting.html

10 May 2007
There are currently 180 senior detectives and 800 beat officers on the case but there numbers will have to be "radically" slashed.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1551163/Four-very-useful-leads-boost-Madeleine-hunt.html

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PROCESSO_4a.htm

Sent : 25th September 2007 11:46
To : Task
Subject : FW : M2330 - forward to Portugal

Rec By : TPHONE : Serial : 534 : Ident : BC19 - 7767 1506 07/09/07
Phone : 011627xxxxx Not a TK
Location : Leic(e)s(ter) Nuffield Hosp(ital)/SCRAPTOFT LN. Leicester
Origin : Pippa York - Staff Member : Third Party

Text :
Has received a phone call from male in Kent - Don't know why he phoned Location - Mr Simon Russell, 017324xxxxx - Stated he had rang Scotland Yard but they were not interested. He was saying he had an address that needed checking out in Europe - 'xxx', Axxxxxxxx Rxxx - 3 villages in Europe with this address.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ASSORTED_SIGHTINGS_13.htm

Thank you for refreshing our memories on this on, Pathfinder.

They were apparently living on that boat while he worked at the Marina. Then they and IIRC the boat disappeared. I can find no details of that boat however.
I don't recall anything of them living in espiche either.

I found sightings elsewhere that were similar to this mans description................If I can find them again.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1569 on: July 19, 2015, 02:35:37 PM »
Thank you for refreshing our memories on this on, Pathfinder.

They were apparently living on that boat while he worked at the Marina. Then they and IIRC the boat disappeared. I can find no details of that boat however.
I don't recall anything of them living in espiche either.

I found sightings elsewhere that were similar to this mans description................If I can find them again.

I have long been more than a little interested in this couple.  But I have no idea of where to start looking.

Offline Anna

« Reply #1570 on: July 19, 2015, 03:13:24 PM »
I have long been more than a little interested in this couple.  But I have no idea of where to start looking.

I'm afraid a lot of it comes to a dead end.

H Monteiro said that she wanted the Brazilian couple  investigated further IIRC......Not so long ago.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/546818/Brazilian-couple-who-wanted-a-child-re-examined-in-Madeleine-hunt?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-uk-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+UK+Feed%29

I thought it was the chap who sacked him after a bit of a fight, that had informed the police, though.

Date: 2007/05/09
Place: Praia da Luz - Lagos
Responsible Officers: Raquel Neves and Tony Aimeida, Inspectors
Description and result of the inquiry:

In the sequence of information received by this Policia Judiciaria on this date, at around 11H40, we went to the Video Club 'Eureka Services", located in Praia da Luz - Lagos, in order to contact Mr. S**** R******, the owner of the establishment.
'
Following an informal conversation, we were informed by that individual that he had remembered that on the previous Thursday, 3rd May, 2007, at the time he was closing up his shop, around 22h45, a small vehicle, whose make, model and number plate he does not remember, the only identifying element he captured was the colour of the vehicle'a dull red, almost as if the colour has been burnt off, sic, due to prolonged exposure to sunlight. Inside the vehicle, he could only make out the presence of one person, as well as a dog in the front passenger's seat.
'
At the moment that said vehicle passed him, he observed that the driver was looking towards the back seat . Mr R***** affirms that he did not have, at that time, the opportunity to determine what was in the back of the car.
'
When questioned, he further noted that he recognised the identity of the driver, indicating that it was a female, of Brazilian nationality, 1,70 cm in height, 25/26 years of age, slim with lightly coloured skin. He even added her name, S*** S***** because she and her partner had previously worked at his parents' farm. '
Due to minor arguments caused by the misuse of tools, involving mainly the woman's companion identified as E***** S*****, the latter, also of Brazilian nationality, and Mr. R*****, effectively came to blows, and the services of the couple were concluded.
'
He adds that some of the physical aggressions he suffered in Marina de Lagos, had required help from the local police;
'
After the couple were fired, he found out that they went to work in the Marina de Lagos, in the area of repairs/maintenance of boats, and more concretely, for a boat which was moored there and that they it as their residence. He furthers that it was a catamaran of high dimensions with the name "TROPICS";
'
Another individual called R***** also worked in that place with the couple. R*****'s telephone number is xxxxxxxxx, and he may help in determining other elements;
'
He only remembered the episode at this point, because in making some associations, given the disappearance of the child, it reminded of him of this couple who mentioned that they had an exceptional desire to have a child of their own;
'
After the facts occurred, he also stated that they had left Marina de Lagos, as the vessel was no longer found in that place.

There is no record of that boat, that I can find. The records of where boats were/when is also a muddle.

A possible reason for no record of  “Tropics” Boat. With thanks to Pegasus
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=5764.msg206230#msg206230

I never heard of the couple living in Espiche, but I'm sure that the locals would know what they were talking about. Unless I misunderstood Pathfinders post.

Espiche campsite has come into conversation quite a bit, as has the pub(Rainbow?) that IIRC the gardener went that night and met a friend from the campsite.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GEORGE-JONES.htm

A bald man of the Brazilians description has come up before.......One was in Malta........

On the day in question, as they were taking a stroll in town, they had spotted a little girl on a verandah. She was riding a tricycle and said 'Hello' to them in English as they passed by her. A few days later, they took the bus to Valetta. They believe they saw the same girl on the bus, in the company of a bald man. Having read the story about the disappearance in the newspaper, they think the girl they spotted on the verandah in Buggiba, Malta, matches the picture of Madeleine published in the newspaper.http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ASSORTED_SIGHTINGS_8.htm

It could also possibly tie up with the sighting near the Marina, by a Pizza shop owner.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GEORGE_BURKE_BROOKS.htm

This information is on a storage computer, somewhere, so I will see if I can find any of it.

Sorry that I can not include all of the links at the moment.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:31:33 PM by Anna »
― Plato

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1571 on: July 19, 2015, 04:34:33 PM »
The "Tropics" cat was being repaired.
The place where boats are repaired is the outer harbour.
https://goo.gl/maps/qDkH2

Offline Anna

« Reply #1572 on: July 19, 2015, 05:22:26 PM »
The "Tropics" cat was being repaired.
The place where boats are repaired is the outer harbour.
https://goo.gl/maps/qDkH2

Thanks again, Pegasus.
     I have included a post/link of yours on my last message. 
― Plato

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1573 on: July 19, 2015, 06:01:20 PM »
 'When did you see Kate and Gerald on Thursday, so when was the first time that you saw Kate and Gerry on the Thursday''

'It would have been sort of late morning when we'd got back from our sailing and we got changed, got some warm things on and we were just sat on the sun loungers by the pool, erm, just having a drink and Kate and Gerry appeared, we offered them a drink, I think they turned down, they either, they'd just had a tennis lesson or had a knock, erm. In fact I think, was it Gerry had had a lesson then and was going into length degree to Kate about his style of tennis and I was joking that Kate was actually listening to this and finding it incredibly boring cos it's the sort of thing, you know, they, as a couple, they did have amazing sort of patience with each other than (inaudible), I wouldn't have that with David talking to me (inaudible), so there was that joke, so yeah I think it was Gerry just had a tennis lesson and Kate might have been having a knock up, but they were in their tennis gear'.

'You say they turned up at your apartment''

'No, no this was down by the, this was down on the sun loungers outside the, where the pool'.

'Oh right, you were downstairs'.

'And it was just about time to go and pick up the kids, so we sort of sat about ten minutes and then, so Kate and I wandered off down to the, erm, Reception to get the kids, erm, Scarlet, Madeleine and Gerry and Dave went and got, went to the toddler club to get the twins and Lily'.

'Anything different about them at all''

'Nothing, again, you know, just having a good time, relaxed'.

'Nothing different. Think I've asked you this as well, when you arrived at the Tapas on the third of May'.

'Umm'.

'Who was already there''

'Everybody, bar Matt, erm, so, erm, yeah, going round the table'.

'Yes so'.

'Yeah so, erm, Kate, Gerry, erm, Rachael and then Jane and Russell'.

'Is everybody sitting down''

'Yeah'.

'What were Kate and Gerry doing when you arrived''

'Just sat at the table and having a drink, conversing with whoever was there'.

'So were they talking to each other, or were they talking to somebody separate''

'Would be talking to somebody separate, I mean they weren't sort of sat together, they were sort of, they were all spread out'.

'Okay'.

'Erm, but, yeah, they were just, you know, as every evening, everyone's just chatting and, you know, sometimes you'd be in pairs, someone's chatting to the groups, you know, as you do, nothing different about that night to, to any other'.

'Did they have a drink on the table''

'I think by the time we arrived, there was wine on the table, cos that's generally what the waiters brought as soon as you arrived anyway, cos you, with your meal got a bottle of wine per couple or something like that free with your meal, so that was (inaudible) on, so I think yeah that was already there but there was no food'.

'So it was wine they were drinking and not any cocktails or anything like that''

'No I can't remember anything else amiss, certainly no cocktails, erm, some, some people drank beer or asked for a beer on certain nights but I couldn't tell you whether that night whether anyone had beer or who had wine but I say the wine generally had, we'd had a glass of wine, erm, with the meal every evening so would have been there'.

'Yes. Did you talk to Gerry''

'Yeah we all, we all talking together, I couldn't, I couldn't tell you specifically about what but he, I'm pretty sure he was sat, you know, one side, me and Kate on the other and yeah we all, we all chatted, I can't remember specifically what we'd have talked to Gerry about that night though'.

'Cos that's the time that Kate mentioned about Madeleine wasn't it''

'Umm'.

'So could you not remember anything that Gerry had said''

'Gerry didn't really join, when he was talking to someone else and this was conversation just between, erm, me and Kate, although I know Jane and Rachael joined in a bit, they were sitting sort of the other side of Kate, so it was sort of a conversation amongst the girls really'.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1574 on: July 20, 2015, 12:57:39 AM »
Fiona says they had "a glass of wine" with their meal each night. Gerry McCann says they "each" had a bottle of wine with their meal each night.

Sorry PF, not sure which part you thought was strange, but I was reading Gerry Mccanns Statement just earlier and noticed this.

Not exactly matching.