Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591629 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1740 on: August 30, 2015, 07:25:15 PM »
I think it must be a generational thing.  Old men like Alice are probably far more inclined to think all their Christmases had come at once at the sight of a woman in a towel than one perhaps of David Payne's age, with his own nubile young wife waiting for him back at the apartment.

He couldn't remember what Kate was wearing only all the heavenly angels dressed in white. I thought Maddy wasn't wearing white? But the first report were of her in white pyjamas. They should have asked if they were long sleeved ones  8(>((

1485 "But could you remember what Kate was wearing for example''
 Reply "I can't, no.' (DP)

I hadn’t asked Kate and Gerry before this what the pyjamas were like, but it’s all sort of rha rha, you know, so I didn’t know what, what Madeleine’s pyjamas were before this.  And I’d actually read in a paper that they were white, it was in the Telegraph, I think it was the day afterwards Dianne had bought a Telegraph paper and in there it was saying she was wearing plain white pyjamas.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE_TANNER_RIGATORY.htm
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:33:33 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1741 on: August 30, 2015, 07:36:51 PM »
He couldn't remember what Kate was wearing only all the heavenly angels dressed in white. I thought Maddy wasn't wearing white? But the first report were of her in white pyjamas. They should have asked if they were long sleeved ones  8(>((

Reply "I can't, no.' (DP)

I hadn’t asked Kate and Gerry before this what the pyjamas were like, but it’s all sort of rha rha, you know, so I didn’t know what, what Madeleine’s pyjamas were before this.  And I’d actually read in a paper that they were white, it was in the Telegraph, I think it was the day afterwards Dianne had bought a Telegraph paper and in there it was saying she was wearing plain white pyjamas.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE_TANNER_RIGATORY.htm

Did any of them have white pyjamas, or were they all sitting around in bath towels?  8(0(*
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:44:05 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Anna

« Reply #1742 on: August 30, 2015, 07:41:07 PM »
He couldn't remember what Kate was wearing only all the heavenly angels dressed in white. I thought Maddy wasn't wearing white? But the first report were of her in white pyjamas.

Reply "I can't, no.'

Bad eyesight? Maybe he saw Kate as wearing a  strapless dress, or a wrap.
As you say...he said that the children were wearing white and yet Madeleine's PJs were pink.
He may even have been trying to protect Kate from any embarrassment.
Anyway he says that he can't remember, so what does it matter?

They had known the McCanns for 6/7 years and stayed under the same roof at times, so I should have thought that he had seen Kate in many forms of attire before then.

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline jassi

« Reply #1743 on: August 30, 2015, 07:45:01 PM »
Perhaps his glasses steamed up  @)(++(*
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1744 on: August 30, 2015, 07:47:11 PM »

Did any of them have white oyjamas, oe were they all sitting around in bath towels?  8(0(*

Not bath time again  8)><( Did Kate not want anyone to know that their friend was inside the apartment? But he definitely was according to him. That is going to be an interesting interview 8(0(*
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1745 on: August 30, 2015, 07:51:47 PM »
Perhaps his glasses steamed up  @)(++(*

ROTFL

Going to get told off in a minute by the moral police for being so flippant in a missing child case..

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1746 on: August 30, 2015, 07:56:45 PM »
ROTFL

Going to get told off in a minute by the moral police for being so flippant in a missing child case..

You can be flippant when their story doesn't add up however which way they want to twist it. One was definitely inside the other said no way was he 8)--))

This visit is the biggest joke of the whole case.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1747 on: August 30, 2015, 08:05:01 PM »
You can be flippant when their story doesn't add up however which way they want to twist it. One was definitely inside the other said no way was he 8)--))

This visit is the biggest joke of the whole case.

Well, yes, if you don't see steam in your spectacles you sometimes have to let it off....I suppose, lol.

There was another part of Kate Mccanns statement (linked to above) which said David Payne had come round on Gerrys request  to help her take the kids down to the play area ....but somewhere else it was said they decided not to go to the play area that early evening (but I can't remember where now, will keep looking)

David's visit was to help her to take the children to the recreation area. When David returned from the beach he was with Gerry at the tennis courts, and it was Gerry who asked him to help Kate with taking the children to the recreation area, which had been arranged but did not take place. David was at the apartment for around 30 seconds, he didn't actually enter the flat, he remained at the veranda door. According to her he then left for the tennis courts where Gerry was. The time was around 6:30-6:40PM.

?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:13:47 PM by mercury »

Offline jassi

« Reply #1748 on: August 30, 2015, 08:09:21 PM »
Well, yes, if you don't see steam in your spectacles you sometimes have to let it off....I suppose, lol.

There was another part of Kate Mccanns statement (linked to above) which said David Payne had come round on Gerrys request  to help her take the kids down to the play area ....but somewhere else it was said they decided not to go to the play area that early evening

David's visit was to help her to take the children to the recreation area. When David returned from the beach he was with Gerry at the tennis courts, and it was Gerry who asked him to help Kate with taking the children to the recreation area, which had been arranged but did not take place. David was at the apartment for around 30 seconds, he didn't actually enter the flat, he remained at the veranda door. According to her he then left for the tennis courts where Gerry was. The time was around 6:30-6:40PM.

?

All down to a poor script supervisor.

Or maybe not -

Offline mercury

« Reply #1749 on: August 30, 2015, 08:22:48 PM »
All down to a poor script supervisor.

I have no idea!

Silly me, it was in her own statement immediately prior to describing the Payne visit....how odd

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1750 on: August 30, 2015, 08:27:44 PM »
I think it must be a generational thing.  Old men like Alice are probably far more inclined to think all their Christmases had come at once at the sight of a woman in a towel than one perhaps of David Payne's age, with his own nubile young wife waiting for him back at the apartment.

Are you saying that men with 'nubile young wives' don't look at other women and are never unfaithful? what a sheltered life you must have led.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Anna

« Reply #1751 on: August 30, 2015, 08:28:14 PM »
After the children’s bath, already alone, she put pyjamas and nappies on the twins, and gave them each a glass of milk and biscuits. Before bathing the children and because it was early, they had thought of taking them to the recreation area, but then decided against this because of tiredness.

While the children were eating and looking at some books, Kate had a shower which lasted around 5 minutes. After showering, at around 6:30/6:40 p.m. and while she was getting dry, she heard somebody knocking at the balcony door. She wrapped herself in a towel and went to see who was at the balcony door. This door was closed but not locked as Gerry had left through this door. She saw that it was David Payne, because he called out and had opened the door slightly. David’s visit was to help her to take the children to the recreation area. When David returned from the beach he was with Gerry at the tennis courts, and it was Gerry who asked him to help Kate with taking the children to the recreation area, which had been arranged but did not take place. David was at the apartment for around 30 seconds, he didn’t even actually enter the flat, he remained at the balcony door. According to her he then left for the tennis courts where Gerry was. The time was around 6:30-6:40 p.m.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id192.html#sta6
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline mercury

« Reply #1752 on: August 30, 2015, 08:34:11 PM »
thanks Anna, that's it.Problem is here, both parents decided against it, but Gerry apparently asks Payne to go for this reason?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:37:26 PM by mercury »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1753 on: August 30, 2015, 08:39:08 PM »
thanks Anna, that's it.

How can they bath the kids before Gerry left at 6 and then decide not to take them to the play area. Then Gerry is sending DP to help take them out at 6:30 whilst telling Fiona Kate was bathing the kids. That is not getting any of your stories straight  8(>(( This time period is a joke and will be ripped apart sooner or later.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1754 on: August 30, 2015, 08:42:11 PM »
How can they bath the kids before Gerry left at 6 and then decide not to take them to the play area. Then Gerry is sending DP to help take them out at 6:30 whilst telling Fiona Kate was bathing the kids. That is not getting any of your stories straight  8(>(( This time period is a joke and will be ripped apart sooner or later.

Do you thnk the story is fake? Why would Payne lie for them? he seems a bit of a wimp at the best of times.