Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591524 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1755 on: August 30, 2015, 08:44:04 PM »
Do you thnk the story is fake? Why would Payne lie for them? he seems a bit of a wimp at the best of times.

I think kids bath time is being covered up for some reason. I don't believe they were bathed before 6 when Gerry left because why would he be saying to Fiona that Kate is in the apartment bathing the kids and who turns up there at that time?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1756 on: August 30, 2015, 08:45:04 PM »
How can they bath the kids before Gerry left at 6 and then decide not to take them to the play area. Then Gerry is sending DP to help take them out at 6:30 whilst telling Fiona Kate was bathing the kids. That is not getting any of your stories straight  8(>(( This time period is a joke and will be ripped apart sooner or later.

Who by?  I don't think Operation Grange are in the least interested.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline mercury

« Reply #1757 on: August 30, 2015, 08:46:16 PM »
I think kids bath time is being covered up for some reason. I don't believe they were bathed before 6 when Gerry left because why would he be saying to Fiona that Kate is in the apartment bathing the kids and who turns up there at that time?

I never noticed that...must reread his rogatory

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1758 on: August 30, 2015, 08:47:12 PM »
Who by?  I don't think Operation Grange are in the least interested.

They should be as they're spending enough money to better be interested. Don't you think they're trying to solve it?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1759 on: August 30, 2015, 08:48:31 PM »
I never noticed that...must reread his rogatory

Kate's fine without everyone you know all the children are, are happy, there's no difficulties with bath time or anything so you know.

around six thirty, seven o' clock, then they'd have you know the, most nights we liked to give ours baths.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DAVID-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm

Offline Anna

« Reply #1760 on: August 30, 2015, 08:49:19 PM »
Maybe Gerry changed his mind and, thought it would be nice for the kids to go the play area after all, or Gerry and Kate got muddled in these statements(not difficult to understand considering, how stressed they must have been).
There is no way of telling, why the statements are as we see them.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline jassi

« Reply #1761 on: August 30, 2015, 08:50:11 PM »
They should be as they're spending enough money to better be interested. Don't you think they're trying to solve it?

I swither.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1762 on: August 30, 2015, 08:53:13 PM »
Maybe Gerry changed his mind and, thought it would be nice for the kids to go the play area after all, or Gerry and Kate got muddled in these statements(not difficult to understand considering, how stressed they must have been).
There is no way of telling, why the statements are as we see them.

How? They decided that the children weren't going out before six. They were bathed and in their bed clothes. DP said at 6:30 they were in their pyjamas. So why would Gerry send him around to take them out when he knew they were in their pyjamas?  But Fiona said that Gerry told her at tennis that Kate was bathing the kids. It doesn't add up.

Offline Anna

« Reply #1763 on: August 30, 2015, 08:58:42 PM »
How? They decided that the children weren't going out before six. They were bathed and in their bed clothes. DP said at 6:30 they were in their pyjamas. So why would Gerry send him around to take them out when he knew they were in their pyjamas?  But Fiona said that Gerry told her at tennis that Kate was bathing the kids. It doesn't add up.

Total confusion then?
And, if it was as your theory.............Why didn't they all have their stories straight?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline jassi

« Reply #1764 on: August 30, 2015, 09:03:22 PM »
One might think they were trying to be clever by introducing little discrepancies, bur rather over-egged the pudding in doing so..

Or maybe not -

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1765 on: August 30, 2015, 09:07:12 PM »

Or Gerry might just have felt guilty for leaving Kate to cope, and David got the wrong end of the stick.  He was going back to his appartment to change anyway.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1766 on: August 30, 2015, 09:09:24 PM »
Total confusion then?
And, if it was as your theory.............Why didn't they all have their stories straight?

To get all your stories straight. Impossible to remember everything you told witnesses if you're lying. Gerry probably couldn't remember telling Fiona that Kate was bathing the kids whilst he was playing tennis. Hope someone else didn't overhear that  comment  ?>)()<

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1767 on: August 30, 2015, 09:13:09 PM »
One might think they were trying to be clever by introducing little discrepancies, bur rather over-egged the pudding in doing so..

Or.....the story they told had no basis in reality at all;

"I read carefully the written document/questionnaire provided by David Payne."
but was not able to extricate any other information besides what is already known. He declares that he saw Madeleine, for the last time, at 17H00 on 3/5/07 in the McCann apartment. Also present there were Kate and Gerry. He did not indicate the motive for being there or what he was doing. He also cannot indicate how long he stayed.

I examined once again the declarations of Fiona Payne. In her depositions, she states that she went to the McCann apartment, around 19H00, on the 3rd of May, together with Kate. She states afterwards that, 10 minutes later, the husband arrived; it is not clear which husband she refers to.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/Gaspar.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1768 on: August 30, 2015, 09:24:43 PM »
Are you saying that men with 'nubile young wives' don't look at other women and are never unfaithful? what a sheltered life you must have led.
No that's not what I'm saying.   I'm saying that maybe some members of this forum overestimate the effect of a woman wrapped in a towel, particularly on a holiday in which David quote possibly saw a lot more of Kate's body by the pool when it wasn't wrapped in a towel. 

Offline jassi

« Reply #1769 on: August 30, 2015, 09:27:43 PM »
A towel that might slip is far more alluring than a cozzie that won't   8(>((

Or maybe not -