Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591640 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1920 on: January 11, 2016, 07:39:31 PM »
@)(++(*
You clearly have never been there.

I have ...on a couple of occasions...I'm rather well travelled...anyone here been to Kashmir....

Uk use BST....portugal WET ...I think they are both the same in the summer but not sure
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:44:59 PM by davel »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1921 on: January 11, 2016, 07:44:00 PM »
I have ...on a couple of occasions...I'm rather well travelled...anyone here been to Kashmir....

Uk use BST....portugal WEST ...I think they are both the same in the summer but not sure

I bought a sweater there once.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1922 on: January 11, 2016, 07:46:47 PM »
I bought a sweater there once.

they don't sell them...I stayed on a houseboat on lake Dal....in sept 2001....

Offline jassi

« Reply #1923 on: January 11, 2016, 07:49:58 PM »
they don't sell them...I stayed on a houseboat on lake Dal....in sept 2001....

I'm sure we're all very gratified to know that.  ?{)(**
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1924 on: January 11, 2016, 07:53:32 PM »

I'm sure we're all very gratified to know that.  ?{)(**

I could write a book..

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1925 on: January 11, 2016, 07:54:52 PM »
@)(++(*
You clearly have never been there.

uk and portugal are the same at the moment...but our clocks go forward in march...do portugals...raaher relevant to this discussion

Offline mercury

« Reply #1926 on: January 11, 2016, 08:31:13 PM »
I have seen a reference to a call made by Gerry McCann at 22.01 on 3rd May to a Liverpool number, but I can't find anything in the official files. Can anyone help?

The only reference I could find to that was on twitter and repeated on a coule forums (with a number ending in four zeros which suggests some kind of switchboard ) but that googles to nowhere. If it took place it could be anything but no idea what the source was, so a bit of a non runner,

Before 2300 it was reported by a national tabloid that the first call made by GM that night was:
No idea what that source was either, maybe the paper had access to phone records or its made up, by why name a specific person. Afaiaw it has never been repeated.
Between 10.00 and 10.50 pm The first call that Gerry made on the night of the crime was to Alistair Clark, a good friend from university days and a diplomat who is close to Gordon Brown. Clark made contacts at the highest level and - before Policia Judiciaria - already Sky News and the British Ambassador were being informed about the abduction. (Correio da Manhã 14, September 2007, no link but translated report here)

Re Michael Wright, he got his dates wrong on when he was driving/was designated a driver so I wouldnt take his statement on times as written in stone.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1927 on: January 11, 2016, 09:30:16 PM »
The only reference I could find to that was on twitter and repeated on a coule forums (with a number ending in four zeros which suggests some kind of switchboard ) but that googles to nowhere. If it took place it could be anything but no idea what the source was, so a bit of a non runner,

Before 2300 it was reported by a national tabloid that the first call made by GM that night was:
No idea what that source was either, maybe the paper had access to phone records or its made up, by why name a specific person. Afaiaw it has never been repeated.
Between 10.00 and 10.50 pm The first call that Gerry made on the night of the crime was to Alistair Clark, a good friend from university days and a diplomat who is close to Gordon Brown. Clark made contacts at the highest level and - before Policia Judiciaria - already Sky News and the British Ambassador were being informed about the abduction. (Correio da Manhã 14, September 2007, no link but translated report here)

Re Michael Wright, he got his dates wrong on when he was driving/was designated a driver so I wouldnt take his statement on times as written in stone.

Yeah, well.

According to some sources supposedly "close to the investigation", Kate's first call was to Sky News, or alternatively to Tony Blair.

Neither appear to be true, but but since when has the media let the truth get in the way of a juicy story?

What does appear to be true is that a GNR first-responder officer is recorded in a statement as having said that the McCanns had already contacted Sky News.

He doesn't appear to have been conversant in English and others didn't appear to be conversant in Portuguese, bar whoever was attempting to translate that evening in the general panic, so heaven knows what got lost in terms of comprehension that night.

It was apparently Rachael (not Kate), who contacted a friend of hers who was a friend and wife of a BBC reporter (not Sky News).

Sky News had denied that Kate had contacted them - the first they'd heard of the case was apparently via a morning show on a rival channel - but it didn't stop Spanish TV from presenting this as fact way later, when they really should have known better.

I haven't the faintest idea how the rumour got legs that the first person Kate contacted was Tony Blair. I can't even find a mangled lost-in-confusion / translation suspicion to substantiate that one.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 09:35:33 PM by Carana »

Offline mercury

« Reply #1928 on: January 11, 2016, 09:40:51 PM »
Yeah, well.

According to some sources supposedly "close to the investigation", Kate's first call was to Sky News, or alternatively to Tony Blair.

Neither appear to be true, but but since when has the media let the truth get in the way of a juicy story?

What does appear to be true is that a GNR first-responder officer is recorded in a statement as having said that the McCanns had already contacted Sky News.

He doesn't appear to have been conversant in English and others didn't appear to be conversant in Portuguese, bar whoever was attempting to translate that evening in the general panic, so heaven knows what got lost in terms of comprehension that night.

It was apparently Rachael (not Kate), who contacted a friend of hers who was a friend and wife of a BBC reporter (not Sky News).

Sky News had denied that Kate had contacted them - the first they'd heard of the case was apparently via a morning show on a rival channel - but it didn't stop Spanish TV from presenting this as fact way later, when they really should have known better.

I haven't the faintest idea how the rumour got legs that the first person Kate contacted was Tony Blair. I can't even find a mangled lost-in-confusion / translation suspicion to substantiate that one.

There was in statements mention made of david payne emailing sky news...anyway...my query was about naming alistair clark....tbh from all i have read its very possible the media got hold of the story before any police arrived....how and who by doesnt matter but the why does

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1929 on: January 11, 2016, 09:47:28 PM »
Yeah, well.

According to G McCann's deposition to the Leveson Inquiry it was all handled by Jon Corner.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1930 on: January 11, 2016, 09:54:26 PM »
uk and portugal are the same at the moment...but our clocks go forward in march...do portugals...raaher relevant to this discussion

Maybe that is because they are in the same time zone and operate daylight savings.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1931 on: January 11, 2016, 09:56:03 PM »
Maybe that is because they are in the same time zone and operate daylight savings.

Yes I googled it as well

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1932 on: January 11, 2016, 09:58:32 PM »
Yes I googled it as well

You wouldn't have needed to had you been there.
It is not really the sort of thing one forgets.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1933 on: January 11, 2016, 10:02:01 PM »
You wouldn't have needed to had you been there.
It is not really the sort of thing one forgets.

so you still think i haven't been there...shows how poor your judgement is

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1934 on: January 11, 2016, 11:05:26 PM »
was there any time difference between portugal and Uk..
No.  Portugal and the UK are in the same time zone.  We even shift clocks forward or backward at exactly the same time.
What's up, old man?