Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591624 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1935 on: January 11, 2016, 11:20:51 PM »
The only reference I could find to that was on twitter and repeated on a coule forums (with a number ending in four zeros which suggests some kind of switchboard ) but that googles to nowhere. If it took place it could be anything but no idea what the source was, so a bit of a non runner,

Before 2300 it was reported by a national tabloid that the first call made by GM that night was:
No idea what that source was either, maybe the paper had access to phone records or its made up, by why name a specific person. Afaiaw it has never been repeated.
Between 10.00 and 10.50 pm The first call that Gerry made on the night of the crime was to Alistair Clark, a good friend from university days and a diplomat who is close to Gordon Brown. Clark made contacts at the highest level and - before Policia Judiciaria - already Sky News and the British Ambassador were being informed about the abduction. (Correio da Manhã 14, September 2007, no link but translated report here)

Re Michael Wright, he got his dates wrong on when he was driving/was designated a driver so I wouldnt take his statement on times as written in stone.
The calls Gerry made between 10 and 10:50pm are documented. There were none.  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/oa/OA_COM/OA_com_Page_20.jpg
What's up, old man?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1936 on: January 11, 2016, 11:38:50 PM »
The calls Gerry made between 10 and 10:50pm are documented. There were none.  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/oa/OA_COM/OA_com_Page_20.jpg

So why did coreia da manha report he called alistair clark?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1937 on: January 11, 2016, 11:41:07 PM »
So why did coreia da manha report he called alistair clark?
Don't know.  Perhaps they got it wrong?
What's up, old man?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1938 on: January 11, 2016, 11:47:54 PM »
Don't know.  Perhaps they got it wrong?

Well coreeio da manha  got alot of thngs wrong but just wondered why and how They named ths individual being called...at a specific time, seems rather specific not to mention a personal friend of GMs whose name would not have been in the public eye

Did they have access to a bunch of phone records that a judge had deemed not usable? The ones which t he pj wanted to use, the ones with content recorded? The very ones that the pj intercepted and whch added or confirmed their suspicions

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1939 on: January 12, 2016, 02:03:15 AM »
Well coreeio da manha  got alot of thngs wrong but just wondered why and how They named ths individual being called...at a specific time, seems rather specific not to mention a personal friend of GMs whose name would not have been in the public eye

Did they have access to a bunch of phone records that a judge had deemed not usable? The ones which t he pj wanted to use, the ones with content recorded? The very ones that the pj intercepted and whch added or confirmed their suspicions
Please feel free to explore this option.

I can only say that at 74,104 phone records, the PJ were past their Excel limit of 65 thousand records.

I would love to get my hands on those 74,104 records.  Unfortunately, the law prevents it.

What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1940 on: January 13, 2016, 09:15:43 AM »

Were Gerry's deleted calls included or not? I find it difficult to be sure. I can find no record of his call to sister Trish at 23.40, although she stated that's when he called her.

It's very difficult to find the records, isn't it? According to what I can find there is a call from Kate's mobile to her mother and father at 00.45. According to Kate's mum Gerry rang first, then Kate. One of those calls is missing from the phone records therefore?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #1941 on: January 13, 2016, 09:41:21 AM »
I seem to remember there being mention of other people's mobiles being used at various times due to flat batteries.
Perhaps this might offer an explanation, in which case it would be necessary to examine records for all the Tapas 9 during this period.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1942 on: January 13, 2016, 11:31:00 AM »
I seem to remember there being mention of other people's mobiles being used at various times due to flat batteries.
Perhaps this might offer an explanation, in which case it would be necessary to examine records for all the Tapas 9 during this period.

Gone flat with all the deleting. If you want to put yourself in the frame then that's a great way to do it  8)-)))
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Benice

« Reply #1943 on: January 13, 2016, 11:55:52 AM »
Gone flat with all the deleting. If you want to put yourself in the frame then that's a great way to do it  8)-)))

Why?   I have a standard basic mobile - which I occasionally use - I get a few texts  but never text myself  because it takes me too long.   The other day I had a message and when I tried to access it another message appeared saying  that my message box was full and could not receive any more messages.   As soon as I started deleting  - the phone rang and the message was delivered.  I've had the phone for a couple of years and this has never happened before.

I know next to nothing about mobile phones but maybe that's why deletions took place with the McCann phones.  They were simply making room?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1944 on: January 13, 2016, 11:59:22 AM »
Why?   I have a standard basic mobile - which I occasionally use - I get a few texts  but never text myself  because it takes me too long.   The other day I had a message and when I tried to access it another message appeared saying  that my message box was full and could not receive any more messages.   As soon as I started deleting  - the phone rang and the message was delivered.  I've had the phone for a couple of years and this has never happened before.

I know next to nothing about mobile phones but maybe that's why deletions took place with the McCann phones.  They were simply making room?

It is not deleting text messages to make more space as in your example. This is deleting your phone call history that logs calls. Everyone deletes text messages but I've never deleted phone log records and I doubt any here has either. To do so is most unusual!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1945 on: January 13, 2016, 12:19:24 PM »

You mean the phone records of the tapas 7 ... were not scrutinised?? ... I think you are perhaps mistaken on that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1946 on: January 13, 2016, 12:22:05 PM »
It is not deleting text messages to make more space as in your example. This is deleting your phone call history that logs calls. Everyone deletes text messages but I've never deleted phone log records and I doubt any here has either. To do so is most unusual!

I believe deleting the phone call history is a rather futile exercise ... unless one has access to the providers' mainframe.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Benice

« Reply #1947 on: January 13, 2016, 12:23:01 PM »

It may seem unusual to someone who is used to having a mobile - but for people like me - I wouldn't know the difference.    Basically - all I want my phone for is to make calls and receive calls if there's no landline to use.      I have no understanding at all about anything else in the phone.      It took me ages just to find out how to delete the messages - because there were no grandchildren around at the time for me to hand it to and say 'can you sort this out' - which is what I would normally do if I had prob.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline jassi

« Reply #1948 on: January 13, 2016, 01:12:03 PM »
You mean the phone records of the tapas 7 ... were not scrutinised?? ... I think you are perhaps mistaken on that.

I was thinking of scrutiny by armchair detectives. Are all these records freely available ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1949 on: January 13, 2016, 01:29:21 PM »

They were indeed and many questions were asked during the rogatory interviews as to who they had phoned. Russell's mobile had a call to Brian Healy's mobile number at 7.43pm on 4th, by which time he was in PdL. Russell said Fiona borrowed his mobile at the police station as her battery was flat. Of course Fiona said that she didn't have a mobile with her on that holiday, and no call records were found for her mobile which bears that out, so Russell was probably making an assumption. No-one else seems to have phoned the Healy's mobiles or landline.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0