Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591487 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1980 on: January 21, 2016, 12:56:27 AM »
Kate McCann

"My consolation is that on the cover he calls her Maddie, the name that the media have invented. We never called her anything like that."

Expresso interview, Kate talks about 'The Truth of the Lie' by Gonçalo Amaral, published 06 September 2008

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id169.html

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/2008/09/expressos-webpage-maddie-is-invention.html
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1981 on: January 21, 2016, 01:02:54 AM »
Kate McCann

"Maybe because they're growing. They express themselves better. When they see Madeleine's cat, they say 'Maddie'. When they see her bag, as well."

Gerry McCann

"Today we think that if Maddie had been taken or killed quickly, there would have been evidence [of this]."

Paris Match interview, 04 September 2007

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id185.html
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1982 on: January 21, 2016, 08:50:42 AM »
Can you remember where the WCs were situated in the bar, Sadie? I only ask because of Rasta Man being seen in there by Jez, yet not one of the waiters/kitchen staff on duty that night who were asked by the PJ reported seeing him.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAPAS-EMPLOYEES.htm

There's a building on the left when entering the complex which looks like a toilet block, but I don't know for sure that it is. Of course Wilkins' statements changed like all the others. Initially they met in the restaurant, then he didn't go into the restaurant and so on;

He told us that yesterday, between 8.30 and 9pm, while he was in the "TAPAS" restaurant, he noted that a person of around 1.70m, with long blond hair, apparently of the "Rasta," style and dressed in green military-style clothes, entered the restaurant. (4/5)

I left about 8:15 to 8:30 pm. I was pushing the pram around the complex and went to the toilet near the bar. I could not see inside the restaurant. (7/5)

He walked around the main area of the resort and eventually ended up in the Tapas bar where he used the toilet facility. (Rogatory)

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1983 on: January 21, 2016, 10:10:03 AM »
How very dare they NOT mention their visits to the loo?  Does that invalidate the statements?

Come on Gunit / Slarti, please be realistic.  Never will every detail be remembered and recorded.

Much was made of the Paynes always being late. Much was made of Matthew going to get them at 9pm on 3rd. He, however, says in his first statement that they arrived before he went to check. So does Russell. So did Dianne and Fiona in their first statements.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1984 on: January 21, 2016, 11:20:40 AM »
Kate McCann

"My consolation is that on the cover he calls her Maddie, the name that the media have invented. We never called her anything like that."

Expresso interview, Kate talks about 'The Truth of the Lie' by Gonçalo Amaral, published 06 September 2008

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id169.html

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/2008/09/expressos-webpage-maddie-is-invention.html

What a fuss about this Maddy,  Maddie or Madeleine business.     Madeleine as the McCann's said liked to be called Madeleine,   this doesn't mean she wasn't also called Maddy or what ever.    Madeleine was three years old when she was saying this 'Madeleine with three e's'   obviously learning to spell her name and wanting to be called Madeleine.   It could have been something that they made a conscious act  of calling her after she said this.

What difference does it make anyway?   Does this have any bearing in the disappearance of Madeleine,   or are some going to say it was a Madeleine that disappeared not a Maddy?????

Offline Benice

« Reply #1985 on: January 21, 2016, 03:55:27 PM »
What a fuss about this Maddy,  Maddie or Madeleine business.     Madeleine as the McCann's said liked to be called Madeleine,   this doesn't mean she wasn't also called Maddy or what ever.    Madeleine was three years old when she was saying this 'Madeleine with three e's'   obviously learning to spell her name and wanting to be called Madeleine.   It could have been something that they made a conscious act  of calling her after she said this.

What difference does it make anyway?   Does this have any bearing in the disappearance of Madeleine,   or are some going to say it was a Madeleine that disappeared not a Maddy?????

I too am struggling to see what this proves.  IIRC it was Madeleine who decided she didn't like being called Maddie but on the occasions Pathfinder highlights - she wasn't even two years old at the time - so not old enough yet to have an opinion on it IMO. 

An example of Nitpicking on a grand scale IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1986 on: January 21, 2016, 06:03:27 PM »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1987 on: January 21, 2016, 06:14:40 PM »

Russell O'Brien (Tapas 7)

'Kate returned through the reception area standing at the end of the path near the stones, and yelled over towards our table in the Tapas bar I cannot recall exactly what she yelled but it was along the lines of Maddy is missing. We all got up immediately except Dianne who remained at the table.'

Excerpt from rogatory interview, 10 April 2010 *&*%£
Result = happy posting.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1988 on: January 21, 2016, 06:23:06 PM »
Russell O'Brien (Tapas 7)

'Kate returned through the reception area standing at the end of the path near the stones, and yelled over towards our table in the Tapas bar I cannot recall exactly what she yelled but it was along the lines of Maddy is missing. We all got up immediately except Dianne who remained at the table.'

Excerpt from rogatory interview, 10 April 2010 *&*%£
What is causing you to roll about the floor with mirth here?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1989 on: January 21, 2016, 06:37:18 PM »
What is causing you to roll about the floor with mirth here?

I'm as surprised as you are Alfred. I must have done it by accident; it wasn't done on purpose.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1990 on: January 21, 2016, 07:06:38 PM »

Is this to be whatever it is?  Madeleine or Maddy.  I bet The McCanns wouldn't half have bumped her off for the sake of a name.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1991 on: January 21, 2016, 07:17:05 PM »
Is this to be whatever it is?  Madeleine or Maddy.  I bet The McCanns wouldn't half have bumped her off for the sake of a name.

She shouldn't lie about it and say that name was invented by the media then should she? Not very reliable in my book.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1992 on: January 21, 2016, 08:50:06 PM »
She shouldn't lie about it and say that name was invented by the media then should she? Not very reliable in my book.

So that makes her guilty?

I have a Si and a Ju and a Dom,  none of my choosing.  I always call them by their right names.  But Madeleine isn't all that difficult when compacted.
Julian could be more difficult.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1993 on: January 21, 2016, 10:23:33 PM »
So that makes her guilty?

I have a Si and a Ju and a Dom,  none of my choosing.  I always call them by their right names.  But Madeleine isn't all that difficult when compacted.
Julian could be more difficult.

The problem is, the world doesn't care if she was known as Maddie or Madeleine, it doesn't matter. So why say it does when there are multiple examples of both?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1994 on: January 21, 2016, 10:30:23 PM »
The problem is, the world doesn't care if she was known as Maddie or Madeleine, it doesn't matter. So why say it does when there are multiple examples of both?
Perhaps then you could supply some of the many verbatim quotes of the McCanns referring to her as Maddie?