Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591624 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #2025 on: January 24, 2016, 06:17:10 PM »
Madeleine McCann's Bedroom Remains The Same Six Years After Disappearance
Parentdish UK  |  By   Keith Kendrick
Posted: 14/08/2014 16:49 BST Updated: 22/05/2015 10:12 BST

**Snip
It is nearly six years since Madeleine McCann went missing, but in that time one thing hasn't changed – the little girl's bedroom.

Her mum Kate revealed her daughter's bedroom has remained untouched since Maddie disappeared and that she seeks comfort by spending time in the room.

Kate said: "I do have the key to our local church, but I don't always need to go there. Sometimes I can go into Madeleine's room and I don't even have to talk - I can just think.

"It's as it was really - that's her room. Sometimes people ask me if there will ever come a time when I change that room and it's difficult because in your head that indicates moving on and I'm not there."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/08/14/madeleine-mccann-s-bedroom-remains-the-same-six-years-after-disappearance_n_7367074.html
I've seen no end of mockery directed online at Kate McCann for this - I guess she's either too unsentimental or too overly sentimental for most "sceptics" (delete as applicable).

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2026 on: January 24, 2016, 06:20:22 PM »
the preoccupation with such trivial matters is  a symptom of the complete lack of real evidence against the mccanns

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2027 on: January 24, 2016, 06:23:39 PM »
the preoccupation with such trivial matters is  a symptom of the complete lack of real evidence against the mccanns
Yes, you're absolutely right.  This whole thread is testimony to that.  In fact one may as well just accept that every single word ever uttered by the McCanns and their friends is "strange" and have done with it, because that's certainly how it seems to be viewed by some "sceptics". Perhaps we should have a new, much shorter thread entitled "Perfectly normal behaviour by the McCanns and their friends".

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2028 on: January 24, 2016, 06:24:35 PM »
How is allowing your younger daughter to wear the clothes of your older, missing daughter an example of a lack of sentimentality?

Perhaps sentimentality was the wrong word. Kate McCann didn't mind putting Madeleine's clothes and shoes on her other daughter almost immediately, but kept Madeleine's bedroom as a shrine later. That seems contradictory. Perhaps the children shared their clothes before? But if so, why did Amelie say 'Maddie's jammies'?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2029 on: January 24, 2016, 06:25:46 PM »
Perhaps sentimentality was the wrong word. Kate McCann didn't mind putting Madeleine's clothes and shoes on her other daughter almost immediately, but kept Madeleine's bedroom as a shrine later. That seems contradictory. Perhaps the children shared their clothes before? But if so, why did Amelie say 'Maddie's jammies'?
Yeah, you're right - major red flag I reckon.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2030 on: January 24, 2016, 06:29:11 PM »
Yes, you're absolutely right.  This whole thread is testimony to that.  In fact one may as well just accept that every single word ever uttered by the McCanns and their friends is "strange" and have done with it, because that's certainly how it seems to be viewed by some "sceptics". Perhaps we should have a new, much shorter thread entitled "Perfectly normal behaviour by the McCanns and their friends".

Isn't it just that though, strangely abnormal?

An indifference towards investigators from day 1.
A refusal to answer the simplest of questions whilst an arguido.
A refusal to partake in a reconstruction ever.
The need to write a book setting the record straight.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:31:58 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2031 on: January 24, 2016, 06:30:25 PM »

do  you have any evidence re what is normal

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2032 on: January 24, 2016, 06:32:02 PM »
Yeah, you're right - major red flag I reckon.

I can only assume you haven't experienced a tragic event where everything belonging to the missing person becomes precious just because it was theirs.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2033 on: January 24, 2016, 06:33:04 PM »
I can only assume you haven't experienced a tragic event where everything belonging to the missing person becomes precious just because it was theirs.

everyone is different

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2034 on: January 24, 2016, 06:33:40 PM »
do  you have any evidence re what is normal

Watched that short clip recently of Gerry laughing his head off just days after Maddie disappeared?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2035 on: January 24, 2016, 06:34:28 PM »
Watched that short clip recently of Gerry laughing his head off just days after Maddie disappeared?

have you looked at my avatar ...it shows a young lady laughing

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2036 on: January 24, 2016, 06:49:55 PM »

An indifference towards investigators from day 1.
A refusal to answer the simplest of questions whilst an arguido.
A refusal to partake in a reconstruction ever.
The need to write a book setting the record straight.
Err...what?
An indifference towards investigators from day 1. - cite?
A refusal to answer the simplest of questions whilst an arguido. - perfectly understandable, however Gerry DID answer all questions - so is he normal then in this regard?
A refusal to partake in a reconstruction ever. - Untrue.
The need to write a book setting the record straight. What is strangely abnormal about wanting to set the record straight?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2037 on: January 24, 2016, 06:52:26 PM »
Are you trying to pull the superiority card on me again??  Assume whatever you like, you know what that means don't you...?  If the McCanns had bundled up all of Madeleine's possessions and put them in the bin the day after her disappearance THAT would have been strange.  Letting their other kids use or wear her possessions does not mean that they cease to exist and may even have brought some comfort to the parents, who knows?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2038 on: January 24, 2016, 06:54:02 PM »
Is there anything at all normal about the McCanns in your view, or are they just the most freakish weirdos you've ever come across?  Just curious...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2039 on: January 24, 2016, 06:55:51 PM »
Is there anything at all normal about the McCanns in your view, or are they just the most freakish weirdos you've ever come across?  Just curious...

perhaps its because the mccanns are intellectually and socially so far removed from some that some find their actions strange...I certainly don't