Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591648 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #2085 on: January 25, 2016, 12:06:02 PM »
You don't know what you're talking about. I've provided a witness statement at what time they left in the DARK and they were out for a long time all alone until they were spotted at around 7am.
Why dont you reseach things better PFinder and get things right

http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/portugal/faro?month=5

For nearby Faro, 3rd May 2016

Civil Twilight :   6.07
Sunrise:           6.35

Add or give an odd minute, these would be the times of twilight and sunrise in 2007 in PdL.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2086 on: January 25, 2016, 12:08:03 PM »

Fiona Payne witnessed the time they left their apartment!

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm

'Can you remember what sort of time that was roughly''

Fiona Payne:  'Erm it was still very cold and, and dark, erm I think it was you know, between five and six, I say.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 12:31:07 PM by Eleanor »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2087 on: January 25, 2016, 12:38:55 PM »
Additionally,
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TIME_LINE_INFORMATION.htm

-snip-
After 22:00 R. R. S. B. and his wife were still sitting on the veranda in the B. family apartment. They heard noises downstairs and afterwards found out that a child had disappeared. Gerald was seen and spoken to by N.B. and R.R.S.B. They heard him calling for Madeleine when they were sitting on N.B.'s balcony, not far from the McCann's apartment. They both went down to talk to Gerald and helped in the search.
-snip-

So according to PJ Files, Gerry was searching at about 10pm.  Neil and Raj are witnesses to that.

I am also sure that I have seen a report, which I can no longer find, that Fiona relieved Kate during the evening of the 3rd and Kate searched along the road towards Baptista Super Market.

So contrary to all your assertions both Kate and Gerry did search and seemingly at least twice.  Gerrys search was probably prolonged, but he had other things to do as well..

There is nothing the statements of Neil Berry or Raj Balu to indicate they saw Gerry that night.  There seem to be missing statements. for the pair.

However, if someone can take missing statements, no mention of Gerry in the ones we've got, and turn that into both saw and talked to Gerry, a source would be needed.
What's up, old man?

Offline sadie

« Reply #2088 on: January 25, 2016, 12:43:16 PM »
There is nothing the statements of Neil Berry or Raj Balu to indicate they saw Gerry that night.  There seem to be missing statements. for the pair.

However, if someone can take missing statements, no mention of Gerry in the ones we've got, and turn that into both saw and talked to Gerry, a source would be needed.
Yep, three very important statements that prove Gerry was searching at 10pm and after have all gone missing.  Cant remember the other one.

How strange that the statements that proved Gerry was searching have all gone. 

stephen25000

« Reply #2089 on: January 25, 2016, 01:10:18 PM »
Yep, three very important statements that prove Gerry was searching at 10pm and after have all gone missing.  Cant remember the other one.

How strange that the statements that proved Gerry was searching have all gone.

I've heard that one before.

How do we know they ever existed ?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2090 on: January 25, 2016, 01:10:59 PM »
Additionally,
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TIME_LINE_INFORMATION.htm

-snip-
After 22:00 R. R. S. B. and his wife were still sitting on the veranda in the B. family apartment. They heard noises downstairs and afterwards found out that a child had disappeared. Gerald was seen and spoken to by N.B. and R.R.S.B. They heard him calling for Madeleine when they were sitting on N.B.'s balcony, not far from the McCann's apartment. They both went down to talk to Gerald and helped in the search.
-snip-

So according to PJ Files, Gerry was searching at about 10pm.  Neil and Raj are witnesses to that.

I am also sure that I have seen a report, which I can no longer find, that Fiona relieved Kate during the evening of the 3rd and Kate searched along the road towards Baptista Super Market.

So contrary to all your assertions both Kate and Gerry did search and seemingly at least twice.  Gerrys search was probably prolonged, but he had other things to do as well..

This PJ timeline also puts the cap on PFinders constant carping and insinuations about Gerry being Smithman carrying Madeleine away

So after 10pm they were sitting on the Berry's veranda when they heard noises downstairs. After that they found out that a child was missing. How long after 10pm, and how long after that? We don't know, so it could be 5 minutes or 15 minutes. Dianne Webster went for a walk round. If the alarm was raised at 10pm, she stayed at the table for a bit, but at some point she had a look round. she saw no-one else searching at all;

4078    ”Do you remember where you went when you had a little look?”
 Reply    ”Err well I wandered about, because I’ve got no sense of direction, but I certainly wandered about err to where they had, there was road works going on but I didn’t feel too happy being about on my own at that err because it was quite late.”

4078    ”Did you notice anybody else around when you were out?”
 Reply    ”No I didn’t, err and that’s what made it seem creepy, the fact I was wandering about on my own.”
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DIANE-WEBSTER-2.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2091 on: January 25, 2016, 02:12:57 PM »
Please refrain from innuendo about other posters.
Please clarify - is innuendo about the McCanns permitted?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2092 on: January 25, 2016, 02:54:57 PM »

Neil Berry formal interview Apr 2008.  "From 22.00 onwards all the events that took place were already described in my previous statement of 7th May 2007 and i cannot add any further information, other than that which was already added."

That could have been a missing formal statement, or it could have been an informal chat that never made it into the files e.g. we took part in the MW search and saw nothing.

In the Apr 2008 interview, Berry states that the McCanns were not at Tapas when he and Balu picked up their take-away.  To mention that and then not mention meeting and talking to Gerry after the disappearance strikes me as highly unlikely, but as I have not seen an original testimony by Berry, I cannot prove it.

And how one can leap from a potential missing statement, one that does not appear to ever have been read, to state it shows conclusively that Gerry searched, is the point I am having difficulty in accepting.
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2093 on: January 25, 2016, 03:19:01 PM »

Raj Balu in his statement of May 2008.  "I did not ask to see my original statements in order to refresh my memory. I confirm that these statements are correct."

This struck me as a bit weird, so I checked the Portuguese and the translation from Portuguese to English is good.  I have no way of telling if the original translation from English to Portuguese was equally good.

He appears to be saying - more than one previous statement - which he has not seen this time around - but he confirms they are accurate.  Whether that means the LP had hands on them or not, in English or not, is not something I can prove.

Raj Balu, May 2008, goes on to say.  "After 22:00 we were still sitting on the veranda in the Berry apartment. We heard noises downstairs and afterwards found out that a child had disappeared. My testimony dated 6th of May 2007 related the details of the conversation we overheard and the information regarding the paper that Neil and I used in the searches."

So now there is a date for one of these statements - 6 May 2007.  That's a fairly good memory re the date unless he's seen the date somewhere.  He mentions nothing of meeting or talking to Gerry that evening, though a reliance is placed on previous statements being accurate, with nothing to add this time.

There's lots of reasons why material did not enter the PJ chain, and why chunks were not published when the files were released.  There may or may not be something strange in this instance.

Again, I can't fathom how we work out the content of these missing statements, given that we can't read them.
What's up, old man?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2094 on: January 25, 2016, 04:10:44 PM »
Please clarify - is innuendo about the McCanns permitted?

are the McCann's "other posters"? if not, my request was not about them.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2095 on: January 25, 2016, 04:27:30 PM »
Raj Balu in his statement of May 2008.  "I did not ask to see my original statements in order to refresh my memory. I confirm that these statements are correct."

This struck me as a bit weird, so I checked the Portuguese and the translation from Portuguese to English is good.  I have no way of telling if the original translation from English to Portuguese was equally good.

He appears to be saying - more than one previous statement - which he has not seen this time around - but he confirms they are accurate.  Whether that means the LP had hands on them or not, in English or not, is not something I can prove.

Raj Balu, May 2008, goes on to say.  "After 22:00 we were still sitting on the veranda in the Berry apartment. We heard noises downstairs and afterwards found out that a child had disappeared. My testimony dated 6th of May 2007 related the details of the conversation we overheard and the information regarding the paper that Neil and I used in the searches."

So now there is a date for one of these statements - 6 May 2007.  That's a fairly good memory re the date unless he's seen the date somewhere.  He mentions nothing of meeting or talking to Gerry that evening, though a reliance is placed on previous statements being accurate, with nothing to add this time.

There's lots of reasons why material did not enter the PJ chain, and why chunks were not published when the files were released.  There may or may not be something strange in this instance.

Again, I can't fathom how we work out the content of these missing statements, given that we can't read them.

I suppose the fact that the statement he refers to was dated 6th May suggests that it was taken by LP and was passed to the PJ, otherwise the PJ wouldn't have asked for Balu to be re-interviewed in their Rog requests.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2096 on: January 25, 2016, 04:42:54 PM »
@SL

Do you know if there is a small garden near or close to the Ocean Club main reception? Mr Carpenter's daughter was 3 years old so was probably in the other Mini club group.

SC: Hummm... I remember talking to Gerry, because I had to go and fetch I*** and they were playing in the small garden and he was (inaudible), I***** and I thought it was Maddie, I am not absolutely sure
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/STEPHEN-CARPENTER.htm
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2097 on: January 25, 2016, 05:36:23 PM »
There were two nannies dealing with the Mini's club; Catriona and Emma. Catriona had up to seven children in her care. She says she took them to the beach to sail on 3rd May in the morning. Strangely, Emma couldn't remember four days later if they were absent or not;

She is not sure whether during the morning Madeleine's group had outdoor activities, mainly at the pool;
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/EMMA_WILDING.htm

The word in bold actually translates as 'notably'. So Emma is saying that if they were absent they would have probably been at the pool. Sailing isn't mentioned. Lyndsay Johnson says;

The informant tells us that on a date which she cannot be precise about but which was some time last week, Madeleine McCann participated in a boat trip, organised by the company's crêche. Several children participated in this outing to the sea, accompanied by the employees mentioned above and an expert in water activities, whose name she is not aware of.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LYNSAY-JAYNE.htm

The only 'employees mentioned' are Catriona, Emma and Amy Tierney. The only person who mentions the sailing is Catriona.

Result = happy posting.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2098 on: January 25, 2016, 06:53:40 PM »
are the McCann's "other posters"? if not, my request was not about them.
I know that silly - my question was concerning innuendo, not other posters.  Is innuendo about the McCanns OK, please clarify.

ferryman

« Reply #2099 on: January 25, 2016, 06:57:27 PM »
I know that silly - my question was concerning innuendo, not other posters.  Is innuendo about the McCanns OK, please clarify.

You really must keep up with Pathfinder's post, Alfred.

He says practically nothing but, the|McCannsdunit and has zero sinbin points.

There's your answer ....