Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591531 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #2205 on: February 06, 2016, 11:49:05 AM »
I answered you, too. How can I be goading when you're advertising your failure to keep within the rules? I was curious as to why you seem proud of the fact, that's all

Instead of attempting to answer my points you (subtly) accuse me of thinking I'm superior to the police. Isn't that goading? Reporting people isn't my style, however, so don't worry.

Perhaps you could try to explain why someone who plays tennis every day for an hour thinks a friend played too when she didn't? Not just an acquaintance, either. the friend who is the closest friend out of the group.

quite simple...most probably a badly taken./translated statement....like many of your observations

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2206 on: February 06, 2016, 11:56:58 AM »
quite simple...most probably a badly taken./translated statement....like many of your observations

Stock answer number 2.

1. Memory is fallible
2. Translation issues
3. Mock/attempt to discredit the poster.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2207 on: February 06, 2016, 12:01:56 PM »
Stock answer number 2.

1. Memory is fallible
2. Translation issues
3. Mock/attempt to discredit the poster.

the truth can be painful;

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2208 on: February 06, 2016, 12:24:23 PM »
the truth can be painful;

Did that hurt? Try being less predictable. You do know that the Rog. interviews were in English, don't you? Everyone knows that, surely.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/Tanner3of7_HO3.pdf
Result = happy posting.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2209 on: February 06, 2016, 02:22:54 PM »
I answered you, too. How can I be goading when you're advertising your failure to keep within the rules? I was curious as to why you seem proud of the fact, that's all

Instead of attempting to answer my points you (subtly) accuse me of thinking I'm superior to the police. Isn't that goading? Reporting people isn't my style, however, so don't worry.

Perhaps you could try to explain why someone who plays tennis every day for an hour thinks a friend played too when she didn't? Not just an acquaintance, either. the friend who is the closest friend out of the group.
I wasn't subtly accusing you of thinking anything - it was overt and obvious question.  do you think you are superior in your processes of dedution to both afore mentioned police forces?  You certainly give that impression very strongly.
I have already given a clear answer to your question concerning the tennis - I suggest you re-read my post, assuming it's still there and hasn't been inexplicably deleted.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2210 on: February 06, 2016, 02:24:40 PM »
Did that hurt? Try being less predictable. You do know that the Rog. interviews were in English, don't you? Everyone knows that, surely.
How many months after the tennis matches were the Rog interviews conducted, out of interest?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2211 on: February 06, 2016, 02:31:14 PM »

are you comparing the rogs to any statement in portuguese

Offline Lace

« Reply #2212 on: February 07, 2016, 09:12:33 AM »
I have never heard either police force state that they have 'ruled out' the T9. I have heard only Redwood's statement that they were not suspects or persons of interest, which could be related to his remit.

To say they are not suspects or persons of interest means they have ruled them out in my opinion,  how else would they have come to that conclusion?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2213 on: February 07, 2016, 09:55:10 AM »
To say they are not suspects or persons of interest means they have ruled them out in my opinion,  how else would they have come to that conclusion?

The police are called to a murder scene. Someone is dead in a house and the other inhabitants found them on their return from a wedding two hundred miles away. The time of death is three hours before the body was found. The police check the alibi of those who found the body. Three hours earlier they were saying  goodbye to a large group of other guests at the wedding and getting into their car to drive back. I think the police could be said to have ruled them out.

The police are called to a holiday apartment because a child has disappeared. There is no evidence of forced entry and a door was left unlocked. The last people to see the child were her parents. They were at a local restaurant having a meal with 7 friends. Periodically the members of the group would leave the restaurant and return to the apartments to check on the children. One of them was seen close to the apartments early in the evening. None of the others were seen there. Restaurant staff confirmed that people left the table, but didn't see where they went and couldn't say who left and how long they were gone. As the toilets weren't in the restaurant people leaving the table could have been going there. One of the group did so, but none of the restaurant staff reported her trip. No-one was able to give an exact time when the child's mother found her missing. The resort staff were informed by another holiday maker, not by the group. the police were called 40 minutes after the disappearance was discovered. How is it possible to 'rule out' these parents and their friends?

Result = happy posting.

Offline Lace

« Reply #2214 on: February 07, 2016, 10:04:43 AM »
The police are called to a murder scene. Someone is dead in a house and the other inhabitants found them on their return from a wedding two hundred miles away. The time of death is three hours before the body was found. The police check the alibi of those who found the body. Three hours earlier they were saying  goodbye to a large group of other guests at the wedding and getting into their car to drive back. I think the police could be said to have ruled them out.

The police are called to a holiday apartment because a child has disappeared. There is no evidence of forced entry and a door was left unlocked. The last people to see the child were her parents. They were at a local restaurant having a meal with 7 friends. Periodically the members of the group would leave the restaurant and return to the apartments to check on the children. One of them was seen close to the apartments early in the evening. None of the others were seen there. Restaurant staff confirmed that people left the table, but didn't see where they went and couldn't say who left and how long they were gone. As the toilets weren't in the restaurant people leaving the table could have been going there. One of the group did so, but none of the restaurant staff reported her trip. No-one was able to give an exact time when the child's mother found her missing. The resort staff were informed by another holiday maker, not by the group. the police were called 40 minutes after the disappearance was discovered. How is it possible to 'rule out' these parents and their friends?

Well obviously the have interviewed all relevant people,  such as waiters etc. and come to the conclusion that what the parents and friends have said is correct.

For a start the McCann's say the police were rang at about 10 past 10,   who is to say that SY have not spoken to reception and that the person who was asked to ring the police has said that in fact he didn't,  that he instead got in touch with the person the OC uses in these circumstances,  as they have [according to one of the nannies] had children go missing before.

All witnesses would have been interviewed and that is how they come to a conclusion.
They could also have got in touch with the waiter who served them dinner,  he could confirm what time they ordered dinner etc.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2215 on: February 07, 2016, 10:12:47 AM »
Well obviously the have interviewed all relevant people,  such as waiters etc. and come to the conclusion that what the parents and friends have said is correct.

For a start the McCann's say the police were rang at about 10 past 10,   who is to say that SY have not spoken to reception and that the person who was asked to ring the police has said that in fact he didn't,  that he instead got in touch with the person the OC uses in these circumstances,  as they have [according to one of the nannies] had children go missing before.

All witnesses would have been interviewed and that is how they come to a conclusion.
They could also have got in touch with the waiter who served them dinner,  he could confirm what time they ordered dinner etc.
Lots of could have and would haves.  Is there any evidence of any of it happening?
What's up, old man?

Offline Lace

« Reply #2216 on: February 07, 2016, 10:17:22 AM »
Lots of could have and would haves.  Is there any evidence of any of it happening?

SY went through every bit of the PJ investigation it took them months, years,   and a lot of money,  I would assume they were very thorough.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #2217 on: February 07, 2016, 10:41:09 AM »

Because they applied the rules of logic and physics I would imagine.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2218 on: February 07, 2016, 11:04:11 AM »
SY went through every bit of the PJ investigation it took them months, years,   and a lot of money,  I would assume they were very thorough.
I take it "would assume" means there is no evidence of it happening.
What's up, old man?

Offline Lace

« Reply #2219 on: February 07, 2016, 11:32:42 AM »
I take it "would assume" means there is no evidence of it happening.

No,  I thought it was rules of this forum that one had to add 'in my opinion,  or I believe,  or I assume',  as I can't state it as fact as I wasn't there.

It is however the usual way a police force investigates,  by questioning and eliminating.