Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591518 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #2250 on: August 04, 2016, 09:49:16 AM »
I've been through them already but since there is no "sharks" or "baby club" sheets they don't help me with understanding what Jeremy Wilkins and Bridget O'Donnell do with their kids.  IMO that couple are the key to understanding what happened to Madeleine.  Jes was right outside The McCann's apartment at 9:15.  There is more to it somehow but we need data.

Perhaps (shock, horror), they actually looked after them themselves
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2251 on: August 04, 2016, 09:54:31 AM »
Perhaps (shock, horror), they actually looked after them themselves
Jassi explain that in a few more words please. 
1. The parents looked after their own kids during the day time
2. or the parents looked after their own kids during the night time
I don't think either of those are strictly true.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2252 on: August 04, 2016, 10:26:26 AM »
How about both? Strange though it may seem, some parents do take total  responsibility for the care of their children while on holiday.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline jassi

« Reply #2253 on: August 04, 2016, 10:35:17 AM »
[ Inappropriate comment removed ]

You asked a question, I provided an answer.  If it doesn't suit you, then fine, but don't attempt to attribute spurious motives.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 06:29:05 PM by John »

Or maybe not -

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2254 on: August 04, 2016, 01:27:33 PM »
In their statement they say they used the creches and the baby sitting service. 

Yes, their children attended creches. Both were situated above main reception on Rua Direita [Minis and Babies]. The anomaly is Bridget O'Donnell's emotive article where she describes taking the children to their creches on the 4th.

We walked towards the kiddie club. No one else was there. We felt awful, such terrible parents for even considering the idea. Then we saw, waiting inside, some of the Mark Warner nannies. They had been up most of the night but had still turned up to work that day. They were intelligent, thoughtful young women and we liked and trusted them. The dance show was cancelled, but they wanted to put on a normal day for the children. Our daughter ran inside and started painting. Then, behind us, another set of parents arrived looking equally washed out. Then another, and another. We decided, in the end, to leave them for two hours. We put their bags on the pegs and saw the one labelled "Madeleine". Heads bent, we walked away, into the guilty glare of the morning sun.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/dec/14/ukcrime.madeleinemccann

Heartbreaking, isn't it. Seeing Madeleine's empty peg at the Kiddie Club? But....according to Russell O'Brien all the children were together at the Tapas creche on the 4th. Madeleine had never been to that creche, so there wouldn't have been a peg there with her name on it. Journalistic licence?

MARK WARNER had said, you know, ‘We’ll open the crèche and all of the children can stay at the Tapas irrespective of age and there’s more staff on there so’, you know, ‘if you do need to go to’, you know, ‘the Police it’s covered throughout the day’,
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RUSSELL-OBRIEN_ROGATORY.htm
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 06:29:52 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #2255 on: August 04, 2016, 02:13:44 PM »
Yes, their children attended creches. Both were situated above main reception on Rua Direita [Minis and Babies]. The anomaly is Bridget O'Donnell's emotive article where she describes taking the children to their creches on the 4th.

We walked towards the kiddie club. No one else was there. We felt awful, such terrible parents for even considering the idea. Then we saw, waiting inside, some of the Mark Warner nannies. They had been up most of the night but had still turned up to work that day. They were intelligent, thoughtful young women and we liked and trusted them. The dance show was cancelled, but they wanted to put on a normal day for the children. Our daughter ran inside and started painting. Then, behind us, another set of parents arrived looking equally washed out. Then another, and another. We decided, in the end, to leave them for two hours. We put their bags on the pegs and saw the one labelled "Madeleine". Heads bent, we walked away, into the guilty glare of the morning sun.

Heartbreaking, isn't it. Seeing Madeleine's empty peg at the Kiddie Club? But....according to Russell O'Brien all the children were together at the Tapas creche on the 4th. Madeleine had never been to that creche, so there wouldn't have been a peg there with her name on it. Journalistic licence?

MARK WARNER had said, you know, ‘We’ll open the crèche and all of the children can stay at the Tapas irrespective of age and there’s more staff on there so’, you know, ‘if you do need to go to’, you know, ‘the Police it’s covered throughout the day’,
I think the clue is in the wording.
The Wilkins took their daughter to her normal creche in the main building. That is where they saw the coat peg. The attending children were then transferred to the Tapas.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2256 on: August 04, 2016, 04:34:15 PM »
I think the clue is in the wording.
The Wilkins took their daughter to her normal creche in the main building. That is where they saw the coat peg. The attending children were then transferred to the Tapas.

I have to admire your boundless ability to find explanations for any strange statements, despite having nothing at all to support them.
Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #2257 on: August 04, 2016, 04:43:54 PM »
I have to admire your boundless ability to find explanations for any strange statements, despite having nothing at all to support them.
Why cant you understand it Gunit?  Seems clear to me, the children were transferred.

Try reading it again.

Offline misty

« Reply #2258 on: August 04, 2016, 05:26:44 PM »

Where is your evidence that the Wilkins took their daughter straight to the Tapas area? BOD clearly writes they were the first to arrive at the creche. What prior information had she been given that her daughter's group was going to be operating from within the Tapas on Friday 4th? What about the other parents who turned up?
I think you just need to review your interpretation of the article and then look at what ROB actually meant in his statement.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2259 on: August 04, 2016, 06:10:46 PM »
I know that Mark Warner gave all guests a letter telling them what had happened overnight. If they were planning to use just the Tapas crèche building it could have been in the letter. [I can make assumptions too]

Russell's statement was quite clear to me thank you.

Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #2260 on: August 04, 2016, 06:16:49 PM »
Something out of nothing, that is the whole tenure of this thread.  The above coat peg debate is a prime example.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 06:31:45 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #2261 on: August 04, 2016, 06:32:16 PM »
Something out of nothing, that is the whole tenure of this thread.  The above coat peg debate is a prime example.

Could be but then again one never knows... &%+((£
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 06:56:00 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Alfie

« Reply #2262 on: August 04, 2016, 06:46:15 PM »
Could be but then again one never knows... &%+((£
You think the coat peg "mystery" might be something then?

Offline John

« Reply #2263 on: August 04, 2016, 06:55:49 PM »
You think the coat peg "mystery" might be something then?

Absolutely  &%&£(+
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 01:23:04 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2264 on: August 04, 2016, 08:16:16 PM »

But if we are allowed to accuse her of journalistic license where does it stop?  Show me the register for that day.
In my theory this is the journalistic license "Our daughter ran inside and started painting. Then, behind us, another set of parents arrived looking equally washed out."  My New Theory is history if that sentence is true.  And besides why didn't they get a good night's sleep?  They weren't out searching!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.