Author Topic: Madeleine McCann Press coverage - Was it a Saviour or a Damnation?  (Read 74149 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Madeleine McCann Press coverage - Was it a Saviour or a Damnation?
« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2015, 01:21:31 AM »
I'm not saying the papers simultaneously gave them great support for philanthropic reasons, of course the reasons were also financial. That's why they didn't just stop when asked.

But why didn't the McCanns use the PCC from August? Why was it 2008 before they used the courts?

The press were perhaps getting mixed messages for that reason. The position wasn't as black and white as you're claiming.

You just aren't going to accept that the press were way off line in the unprecedented systemic character assassination they undertook on the McCanns.

Nothing short of sadistic when taking their status into account.

Easy to remember headlines such as ~ PARENTS' CAR HID A CORPSE - Portuguese police ~ so easy to overlook the retraction made the following day.

Don't excuse the actions of the press ~ they were content with their sales ~ if they were destroying a family in the process ~ so what?
That it took legal action ~ not a polite request to desist ~ rather reveals all.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #256 on: April 19, 2015, 01:23:50 AM »
The 'silver lining' hardly compensates for the ruination of of one's character, the effects of which can be measured today by those who have never heard about the FSS report, but have heard all about body fluids slopping around the non existent wheel well of the Renault.

I doubt there is more than a handful of people who believe that, bit drama queenish of you if I may say so. Not good or clever to gild the lily.
Still, the Drs Mccanns must have been happy with the welcome injection of million plus funds to aid the search, 'even if'' they felt their characters were marred to a stranger population who read the papers
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 01:28:29 AM by mercury »

Offline misty

« Reply #257 on: April 19, 2015, 01:30:20 AM »
I doubt there is more than a handful of people who believe that, bit drama queenish of you if I may say so. Not good or clever to gild the lily.
Still, the Drs Mccanns must have been happy with the welcome injection of million plus funds to aid the search, 'even if'''they felt their characters were marred to a stranger population who read the papers

25000 Facebook members & a daily perusal of the constant stream of tweeters on #mccann would disagree with you on that.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #258 on: April 19, 2015, 01:33:55 AM »
Still, the Drs Mccanns must have been happy with the welcome injection of million plus funds to aid the search, 'even if'' they felt their characters were marred to a stranger population who read the papers

Please take note of what Misty has said ... money does not compensate for that sort of lasting character assassination.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #259 on: April 19, 2015, 01:35:43 AM »
25000 Facebook members & a daily perusal of the constant stream of tweeters on #mccann would disagree with you on that.

25000 people think this? I don't believe you. And I am sure you have no proof.

But, what if they did?
What does it matter?
It matters not a jot. Many people think aliens control their minds. Enough said. My shift calls.

Offline misty

« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2015, 01:51:15 AM »
25000 people think this? I don't believe you. And I am sure you have no proof.

But, what if they did?
What does it matter?
It matters not a jot. Many people think aliens control their minds. Enough said. My shift calls.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheMadeleineMcCannControversy/

24,640 members

AboutPublic GroupPublic Group
Three successive governments have helped the McCanns conceal Madeleine's untimely death in suspicious circumstances for over seven years. What on earth happened to that poor three year old?

That is just a snippet of the group's résumé, its raison d'être based mainly on the myths propagated by the (Portuguese) media and ex-lead detective.
 Supporters of the abduction theory are not permitted to join in the debate, often finding themselves ejected into the abyss towards the bowels of Facebook.

Lyall

« Reply #261 on: April 19, 2015, 01:52:01 AM »
You just aren't going to accept that the press were way off line in the unprecedented systemic character assassination they undertook on the McCanns.

Easy to remember headlines such as ~ PARENTS' CAR HID A CORPSE - Portuguese police ~ so easy to overlook the retraction made the following day.

Don't excuse the actions of the press ~ they were content with their sales ~ if they were destroying a family in the process ~ so what?
That it took legal action ~ not a polite request to desist ~ rather reveals all.

Of course I accept some papers were out of line , it was obvious at the time. Why didn't they use the PCC or the court earlier?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #262 on: April 19, 2015, 09:30:04 AM »
What supporters fail to acknowledge is that just because something is written in the newspapers doesn't necessarily mean that the majority of the readers believe it. They seem to have worked out that those scurrilous stories aren't true so are they really so arrogant to think that most newspaper readers aren't intelligent enough to work that out too ?

As to the compensation payments made to the McCanns Mercury makes a valid point. If it wasn't for those there would more than likely have been no private search for the child post 2008. 
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Montclair

« Reply #263 on: April 19, 2015, 10:16:33 AM »

The police investigation led them to believe that Madeleine's corpse was hidden in the car. Therefore, the headline was legitimate. No lie there. And please don't come back with the argument of leaks. That is not the point, the point is that the headline was NOT a lie.

Of course, the McCanns did not want to use the services of PCC because they would not have gotten any monetary compensation. As Gerry said: "Someone has to pay".

You can hardly say that the press destroyed the family. The parents did that all by themselves by not looking after their children.

Perhaps you should analyse the nasty lies the UK press printed about the Portuguese authorities while you are at it. But then your only concern is the McCanns.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 10:21:03 AM by Montclair »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #264 on: April 19, 2015, 10:35:27 AM »
Hence The Leveson Inquiry.  Trial by Media has to stop.  Too many innocent people are tainted by this.  Who is innocent or guilty is the remit of The Courts.

They're not infallible either unfortunately.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #265 on: April 19, 2015, 10:39:10 AM »
They're not infallible either unfortunately.

those of us who understand the justice system understand it is designed to be deliberately infallible because it realises that infallibility is impossible

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #266 on: April 19, 2015, 10:49:24 AM »
those of us who understand the justice system understand it is designed to be deliberately infallible because it realises that infallibility is impossible

It must feel wonderful to be you and know everything.  8((()*/
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #267 on: April 19, 2015, 10:53:54 AM »
It must feel wonderful to be you and know everything.  8((()*/

so you don't understand the basic premise of UK justice..uk justice is balanced slightly in favour of the defendant as the law would prefer to see a guilty man walk free than an innocent man jailed... I thought everyone knew that

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #268 on: April 19, 2015, 10:56:13 AM »
so you don't understand the basic premise of UK justice

Is that a question or a statement i wonder? Statement, so no reply required.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #269 on: April 19, 2015, 10:57:51 AM »
Is that a question or a statement i wonder? Statement, so no reply required.

it's a statement...the principle I am referring to is Blackstone's Formulation