Author Topic: Is there any hard evidence whatsoever in the Madeleine McCann case?  (Read 350140 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Is there any hard evidence whatsoever in the Madeleine McCann case?
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2015, 10:14:42 AM »

No, that's fine, shows that the dog alerts were evidence.

The dogs alerts I think are circumstantial evidence. The alert in the parents bedroom by Eddie suggested that a cadaver had been there. Had the police found a cadaver that would have been hard evidence, or proof, that it existed.
Keela alerted behind the couch in the living room. This suggests there was blood there. The lab. couldn't identify what the substance was, so again, no proof that it was blood.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2015, 10:30:58 AM »
That's an interesting point which I'm surprised no one has picked up before....Grime is referring to evidence as "that which would be accepted by a court".

I've referred to this case before.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id421.html
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2015, 11:00:25 AM »
The dogs alerts I think are circumstantial evidence. The alert in the parents bedroom by Eddie suggested that a cadaver had been there. Had the police found a cadaver that would have been hard evidence, or proof, that it existed.
Keela alerted behind the couch in the living room. This suggests there was blood there. The lab. couldn't identify what the substance was, so again, no proof that it was blood.

That's not what Grime says..he doesn't even mention a cadaver...the alerts are poorly understood by many

Offline Carana

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2015, 11:06:32 AM »
There might be evidence from the missing hairs on the bed, if they ever find what they did with them.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2015, 11:20:05 AM »
There might be evidence from the missing hairs on the bed, if they ever find what they did with them.

Didn't DCI Redwood visit the Portuguese forensics labs as one of his last functions before DCI Wall became involved?. Either he was happy with what went on or there is an ILOR in the system for more tests to be carried out on any samples held. Which do we think it may be?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Benice

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2015, 11:22:22 AM »

Is there any clue as to when they went missing Carana?

One would think the hairs found on Madeleine's bed would be of major importance to the investigation and not something which could easily be mislaid.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline John

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2015, 11:34:16 AM »
Madeleine's disappearance is indeed strange if one considers the total absence of tangible evidence.  The fact that she was seen around tea time on the 3rd May yet had disappeared by10pm that same evening is not in itself evidence of an abduction.

Consider for the moment the long promoted claim that Madeleine was indeed abducted from apartment 5a. The remarkable feature of this case is the absence of any indicators of such an abduction.  No forced entry, no footprints on the windowsill, the bed cover etc...  No upturned furniture or misplaced items and no sign of any struggle.

What is also quite remarkable is that we are asked to believe that an abductor could have got in and out without being seen, DCI Redwood having all but poo poo'd Jane Tanner's claimed sighting.  The street around apartment 5a was a veritable M25 if witnesses are to be believed yet nobody saw anything untoward?  It has even been suggested by Gerry that the abductor might have been in the apartment when he did his check shortly after 9pm such was the slim window of opportunity.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:38:44 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Carana

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2015, 11:40:41 AM »

One would think the hairs found on Madeleine's bed would be of major importance to the investigation and not something which could easily be mislaid.

The bed was photographed on 4 May with 10 markers to denote where hairs were found, but the lab only received 4.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1246.15

The forensic items were collected on 4 May and the envelopes were handed to the INML on 8 May.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:46:31 AM by Carana »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2015, 11:47:50 AM »
[quote removed]

Most of the evidence in this case is circumstantial and open to interpretation. The creche sheets are facts, or hard evidence. I don't know why Madeleine only stayed in her 'Club' for ten minutes on the afternoon of 30th April, because no-one has ever said. I think it's strange that no-one has ever said anything about this departure from the daily routine.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 11:01:06 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2015, 11:50:58 AM »
Most of the evidence in this case is circumstantial and open to interpretation. The creche sheets are facts, or hard evidence. I don't know why Madeleine only stayed in her 'Club' for ten minutes on the afternoon of 30th May, because no-one has ever said. I think it's strange that no-one has ever said anything about this departure from the daily routine.

the crèche sheets are hard facts...but what they signify is open to interpretation

Offline Benice

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2015, 11:52:25 AM »
The bed was photographed on 4 May with 10 markers to denote where hairs were found, but the lab only received 4.

Thanks for that Carana.   I'm assuming each hair would be placed in an evidence bag.   If that is so  - then 6 evidence bags disappeared somewhere along the line. 

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline John

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2015, 11:52:59 AM »
Another feature in some stranger abductions is smell. 

Several incidents are recorded in the Algarve around the time of Madeleine's disappearance where an intruder allegedly molested or attempted to molest young children in their beds.  The intruder was notable due to his body odour.  No such smell was reported in Madeleine's case.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2015, 11:55:12 AM »

The twins sheets had disappeared as well. You won't find nothing in Madeleine about that one. It would be interesting to know the time this was taken?

I'd suggested putting the twins up in our apartment, erm, Emma, who was there, had arranged some of the MARK WARNER Nannies to get some extra cots and more bedding, erm, and we set up the cots in our living room and a bed for Kate and Gerry as well, not that they used it, but, erm, and then I think, I think they were Policemen, I can't remember who carried up Sean and Amelie. Erm, and we sat on the sofa, me and Kate with the twins asleep on us for a while, erm, and they didn't wake up and, again, that was quite strange, even in the transfer and, and being handled by people that weren't their parents, they didn't, they didn't wake up. (FP)

The report mentions that the twins were asleep in their bed, but there is no proof to confirm it; on the contrary, in the photographs, you can see empty cots, where only the mattresses remain - the sheets and blankets having been removed. Why have their beds been stripped? If the sheets had not been removed, traces of their presence could have been found there. (TOTL)
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »
Another feature in some stranger abductions is smell. 

Several incidents are recorded in the Algarve around the time of Madeleine's disappearance where an intruder allegedly molested or attempted to molest young children in their beds.  The intruder was notable due to his body odour.  No such smell was reported in Madeleine's case.

that must be why he opened the window

Offline Carana

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2015, 12:11:42 PM »
Thanks for that Carana.   I'm assuming each hair would be placed in an evidence bag.   If that is so  - then 6 evidence bags disappeared somewhere along the line.

No. If you look at the pages I posted (on the link to a previous thread), they put all the hairs collected in each area into an envelope.