Author Topic: Greek police appeal over mystery blonde girl found living in a Roma camp.  (Read 44604 times)

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Re: Greek police appeal over mystery blonde girl found living in a Roma camp.
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2013, 03:30:19 PM »
ES knew the guy, there might have been some seduction process.

I wouldn't call a knife a tool of seduction....but each to his own...

Her sister, in the same bedroom as Elizabeth as the abduction took place, recognised the voice of the abductor but couldn't place it. Months later she remembered that the voice was that of someone who had done handywork at their house.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2013, 03:33:27 PM »
Interesting story but nothing to do with the Maddie case

Nothing to do with the case directly, no.

But my thoughts are that if Madeleine is alive, or was alive for a period of time after her disappearance, it may well be that she changed hands, perhaps more than once, either due to the publicity campaign or something else.

It is worth bearing in mind that there are many different options as to what could have happened, and unfortunately something like this is a possibility, if a small one.

And welcome to the forum, Apostate!

AnneGuedes

« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2013, 06:14:42 PM »
it may well be that she changed hands
She wasn't a baby !

AnneGuedes

« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2013, 06:17:33 PM »
I wouldn't call a knife a tool of seduction....but each to his own...

Her sister, in the same bedroom as Elizabeth as the abduction took place, recognised the voice of the abductor but couldn't place it. Months later she remembered that the voice was that of someone who had done handywork at their house.
There's no evidence about the knife.. and abductor and abducted stayed quite a time in the place, talking, that's how the sister heard the abductor's voice.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2013, 06:26:09 PM »
The Roma house at Farsala, Greece, where 4-year-old Maria was found by police.

More pics...

The woman who posed as the child's mother said she was given to her by another Romanian woman.

This is the house where a stolen four-year-old girl was living with a gypsy family after allegedly being snatched from her parents.

The discovery of the mystery blonde child, known only as Maria, in Greece has sparked an international search to find her true family.

She was found alongside 13 other children at a Roma gypsy camp in Farsala on Wednesday.

Police became suspicious because she bore no resemblance to the couple who claimed to be her parents.

DNA tests confirm they were not related and the 40-year-old woman and a 39-year-old man have been charged with kidnap.

Speaking from her prison cell on Friday, the woman who posed as Maria's mother said she has loved and cared for the child as if she were her own.

She claimed she was given the youngster two years ago by a Romanian woman to look after while she went shopping and she never came back.

"We didn't harm her. We love her and she loves us... we gave her everything we could, like we do for our other children," she said.

Police chief Vasilis Halatsis fears the couple are involved in a lucrative benefits racket.

They claim to have three families, and get handouts of around £6,900 a months.

Read more...

WOW, miracles do happen, apparently.  @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

However, the information on these cards suggests that the women was able to give birth to three children in a five-month period in 1993 and a further three children within three months around 1995.

Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/who-four-year-old-blonde-girl-found-2467385#ixzz2iHfkfEWE

Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline jassi

« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2013, 06:29:02 PM »
Clearly it's not just the UK that has benefit cheats.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
There's no evidence about the knife.. and abductor and abducted stayed quite a time in the place, talking, that's how the sister heard the abductor's voice.

I thought that the parents found that a downstairs window screen had been slashed with a knife, shortly after they discovered their daughter had gone?

I read that that's what made the parents believe the sister's account of events. The sister came into their bedroom shortly after the abduction and described the whole episode, including the detail that the abductor had a knife. The parents dismissed the whole thing as a nightmare. Then the sister persuaded them to search the house, at which point they found their daughter gone, and the screen slashed with a knife.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2013, 06:31:55 PM »
She wasn't a baby !

What has age got to do with it?

People of any age are bought and sold

AnneGuedes

« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2013, 07:27:17 PM »
What has age got to do with it?

People of any age are bought and sold
Why do you think people want to adopt babies, not children ?

Redblossom

« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2013, 07:37:40 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/greece/10391797/Farsala-Roma-community-Maria-was-well-looked-after.html

On balance seeing no one has claimed her and Interpol have no trace either of a reported missing child matching...I tend to believe she was given to this family to look after/keep as the mother wasnt capable....either from poverty or other reason, this kind of thing happens in many countries

Id imagine the little girl will be interviewed if not already poor thing, and hopefully the real mother will come forward if this happened to dispel the mystery

Benita

« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2013, 07:46:31 PM »
these people have apparently had this little girl 2 years ..so not a baby a toddler...

Offline kmc

« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2013, 12:00:08 AM »
It is interesting that this little girl had her hair dyed up to what must have been around 1 year ago.  It looks to me like her hair was being "grown out" - which might have been because they were about to "sell her on" and a blonde, blue eyed child would probably be worth more.  If that is the case, it would appear that the "market" for these trafficked children is not necessarily babies - which suggests something more sinister.  Thank God this poor mite appears to have been found just in the nick of time!

Offline Benice

« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2013, 12:56:43 AM »
these people have apparently had this little girl 2 years ..so not a baby a toddler...

They are now claiming they had her from 5 days old when a mother who couldn't cope gave her to them.  It is now also thought that she may be older than 4.

I must say the video where her 'mother' is pushing her away from her and encouraging her  to 'perform' on her own in front of the camera gave me the creeps.   Could it have been a'promotional' video?    Hopefully I'm completely wrong and am being unduly influenced by the reasons why children are abducted.    I certainly hope so.

I understand all the other children (14? of them) are going to be examined.   I presume DNA tests will be carried out.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Benita

« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2013, 01:08:45 AM »
They are now claiming they had her from 5 days old when a mother who couldn't cope gave her to them.  It is now also thought that she may be older than 4.

I must say the video where her 'mother' is pushing her away from her and encouraging her  to 'perform' on her own in front of the camera gave me the creeps.   Could it have been a'promotional' video?    Hopefully I'm completely wrong and am being unduly influenced by the reasons why children are abducted.    I certainly hope so.

I understand all the other children (14? of them) are going to be examined.   I presume DNA tests will be carried out.

I thought the same benice the woman was making her dance ...training her young to perform for money no doubt ...it was very disturbing to see imo ...and the way she flung that young boy out the way..very strange ..

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2013, 01:46:22 AM »
It is interesting that this little girl had her hair dyed up to what must have been around 1 year ago.  It looks to me like her hair was being "grown out" - which might have been because they were about to "sell her on" and a blonde, blue eyed child would probably be worth more.  If that is the case, it would appear that the "market" for these trafficked children is not necessarily babies - which suggests something more sinister.  Thank God this poor mite appears to have been found just in the nick of time!

It seems that some of these poor children probably go through several incarnations, at different stages along the child trafficking line.