Author Topic: The Leonor Cipriano case reviewed... AGAIN!  (Read 248040 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: The Leonor Cipriano case reviewed... AGAIN!
« Reply #600 on: November 12, 2013, 02:20:37 PM »
A reasonable suggestion Carana and one which has been considered on more than one occasion.  It has also been stated that nobody would give two hoots about Leanor or Joana had it not been for Gonçalo Amarals involvement in the case.  I find that particularly sad and raises the question as to how many other cases exist with similar elements.

In my opinion the links to the Madeleine case are too significant to justify the case being moved to another board but this is a matter for the members so I will open it up for discussion and add a poll. TY

"It has been stated that no one would give two hoots."  I would give two hoots, and I do. 
It just so happens that The Cipriano Case was drawn to my attention by The McCann Case and Amaral's involvement in that.  At which point one had to wonder about the similarities of Fridges and unidentified blood and the disposal of bodies, neither of which have been found.
And what would have happened to The McCanns if the world media hadn't been crawling all over the place.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #601 on: November 12, 2013, 02:32:56 PM »
I haven't been able to read the original process... just the points recapped by the Supreme Court.
There is the rub. There's no DVD for this case, so you have to collect copies of the documents at the MP in Portimao.
I don't see how you can progress reasonably in this case another way.
Bypassing this step you're condemned to speculations that, according to what I read on this thread, are curiously all directed towards an abduction of Joana disguised in murder by criminal police officers. I don't think it's fair.

Offline Carana

« Reply #602 on: November 12, 2013, 02:43:49 PM »
A reasonable suggestion Carana and one which has been considered on more than one occasion.  It has also been stated that nobody would give two hoots about Leanor or Joana had it not been for Gonçalo Amarals involvement in the case.  I find that particularly sad and raises the question as to how many other cases exist with similar elements.

In my opinion the links to the Madeleine case are too significant to justify the case being moved to another board but this is a matter for the members so I will open it up for discussion and add a poll. TY

There is no proof that she died.

I'm trying to divorce the connections.

My interest in the Joana case is whether she was indeed killed by her mother/ brother. I haven't found any concrete evidence to support that.

In the absence of any proof, she might be still alive and held somewhere, or killed by someone who was not the focus of investigations.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:45:41 PM by Carana »

Offline Anna

« Reply #603 on: November 12, 2013, 02:45:09 PM »
"It has been stated that no one would give two hoots."  I would give two hoots, and I do. 
It just so happens that The Cipriano Case was drawn to my attention by The McCann Case and Amaral's involvement in that.  At which point one had to wonder about the similarities of Fridges and unidentified blood and the disposal of bodies, neither of which have been found.
And what would have happened to The McCanns if the world media hadn't been crawling all over the place.

I agree
 and I was an admirer of Amaral, but on doing some research into maddie, I found this thread in the McCann thread on here, so just had to see what had happened to this little girl. I am appalled at the results of my search
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Lyall

« Reply #604 on: November 12, 2013, 02:50:27 PM »

You just proved why discussion of the two cases should be kept apart. That's xenophobia.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #605 on: November 12, 2013, 02:54:10 PM »
You just proved why discussion of the two cases should be kept apart. That's xenophobia.
Not only, it betrays also a total lack of confidence in British diplomatic institutions.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #606 on: November 12, 2013, 03:07:37 PM »
Not only, it betrays also a total lack of confidence in British diplomatic institutions.

Why do you thing The British Ambassadorial Staff were so quick to the scene of Madeleine's disappearance?  I very much doubt they came for an after dinner chat.
They knew all about The Cipriano Case and The Michael Cook Case, and they weren't taking any chances of that happening again.

stephen25000

« Reply #607 on: November 12, 2013, 03:10:06 PM »

Why do you thing The British Ambassadorial Staff were so quick to the scene of Madeleine's disappearance?  I very much doubt they came for an after dinner chat.
They knew all about The Cipriano Case and The Michael Cook Case, and they weren't taking any chances of that happening again.

Is that pure supposition, or do you have proof as to that ?

Lyall

« Reply #608 on: November 12, 2013, 03:13:04 PM »

8)-))) This is pure invention. That first day the police allowed the child's mother to have her husband in the room with her when being interviewed. This suggests the exact opposite of what you allege.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #609 on: November 12, 2013, 03:13:19 PM »
Didn't Amaral threaten Robert Murat?  He did, according to Robert Murat.  I would have been just as keen to make sure he wasn't wrongfully convicted.  What is xenophobic about that?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #610 on: November 12, 2013, 03:13:24 PM »
Is that pure supposition, or do you have proof as to that ?

If it walks like a duck stephen

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #611 on: November 12, 2013, 03:17:09 PM »
The McCann's are on record stating that their family telephoned the Foreign Office out of hours helpline to advise them what had occurred so the British authorities knew from very early on what the state of play was.   Sorry a bit of topic.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Lyall

« Reply #612 on: November 12, 2013, 03:18:17 PM »
Didn't Amaral threaten Robert Murat?  He did, according to Robert Murat.  I would have been just as keen to make sure he wasn't wrongfully convicted.  What is xenophobic about that?

You seem to think there has been no contact at all between British ex-pats/tourists and Portuguese police since the Michael Cook case (whatever happened there, I don't know).

When obviously there has been a great deal of contact, and no problems. Unless you can suggest otherwise. But trying to link events from many years ago, and ignoring everything else in between is a touch disingenuous.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #613 on: November 12, 2013, 03:18:41 PM »
The McCann's are on record stating that their family telephoned the Foreign Office out of hours helpline to advise them what had occurred so the British authorities knew from very early on what the state of play was.

So they turned up tout de suite.  Just in case.

Redblossom

« Reply #614 on: November 12, 2013, 03:19:25 PM »
The McCann's are on record stating that their family telephoned the Foreign Office out of hours helpline to advise them what had occurred so the British authorities knew from very early on what the state of play was.

Yes, I think the suggestion that John Buck and/or others rushed to their aid so the PJ wouldnt torture them is bordering on the totally ridiculous