Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 139791 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1455 on: September 04, 2018, 06:45:42 PM »
You wouldn't want to have your identity all over the media your address and photograph everywhere. To be called a trxll and have your personality dissected by people such as Carole Malone.  Say you were tweeting about justice for the Hillsborough victims prior to their vindication and the media did what they did to Brenda.

Wouldn't you be embarrassed even though you may have believed what you were doing was right?

I don't agree with Brenda's tweets but I think what happened to her was very wrong.
Why would I be embarrassed about the media picking up on me tweeting about justice for the Hillsborough victims?  That’s not a hateful, spiteful, bullying thing to do is it?  Carole Malone would ‘t be justified in describing me as a troll with personality issues for doing so would she?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1456 on: September 04, 2018, 06:57:04 PM »
So freedom of the dossier complilers... And the press.... However obnoxious... Perhaps it's you who is missing the point

I have missed nothing. The person commenting wanted only those who had committed crimes to be named. If they did commit crimes no doubt they will be.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1457 on: September 04, 2018, 07:02:05 PM »
The McCanns have never had the slightest hint of being considered innocent until proven guilty by many, including Brenda.

They are in the eyes of the law and that’s what matters.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1458 on: September 04, 2018, 07:10:22 PM »
If your child was being subjected to abuse on social media, not criminal but morally reprehensible, would you expect your child's school to be the upholder of our moral conscience or do nothing?

It is up to the site owners to manage abuse but obviously the dollar is more important to sites like Twitter and Facebook which says it all.  These giants should be fined by the regulators and maybe then they might take notice.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1459 on: September 04, 2018, 07:12:13 PM »
They are in the eyes of the law and that’s what matters.

So the various sites dedicated to spreading the word of their guilt don't matter.
The tweets spreading the lies don't matter.
I can't agree.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1460 on: September 04, 2018, 07:12:24 PM »
It is up to the site owners to manage abuse but obviously the dollar is more important to sites like Twitter and Facebook which says it all.  These giants should be fined by the regulators and maybe then they might take notice.

Are their servers with UK jurisdiction ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1461 on: September 04, 2018, 07:14:40 PM »
What about bullying... Name calling.... Is that OK... Towards children at school... Should schols treat it as freedom of speech.... That is the message being sent out to bullies here

Wrong as usual.  The message being sent out from here is that abuse, all abuse, is wrong and must be stopped by social media sites.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1462 on: September 04, 2018, 07:15:40 PM »
So the various sites dedicated to spreading the word of their guilt don't matter.
The tweets spreading the lies don't matter.
I can't agree.

To the McCanns innocence in the eyes of the law ? No.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1463 on: September 04, 2018, 07:15:57 PM »

No the schools take action, they cannot wait for the site owners to do so.
Therefore schools have to uphold the moral conscience.

The schools cannot wait to see if this abuse becomes criminal abuse.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1464 on: September 04, 2018, 07:17:03 PM »
A good comment I agree with which appears under the Times article I mention d above:

“Ridiculous - RIP free speech in this country.

The people making the vile comments against Jews as reported above should be publicly exposed and denounced in the media. However, illegality of speech must only be established where threats of violence are concerned otherwise you are destroying free speech - however obnoxious - which is the fundamental pillar of our democracy”.

Quite right - name and shame in the media, and don’t bother the police at all, unless it’s a very serious threat of violence.

They should be prosecuted for hate crimes. End off!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1465 on: September 04, 2018, 07:20:55 PM »
To the McCanns innocence in the eyes of the law ? No.

Do you ever wonder if the McCanns were charged with a crime, could they possibly receive a fair trial.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1466 on: September 04, 2018, 07:21:38 PM »
No the schools take action, they cannot wait for the site owners to do so.
Therefore schools have to uphold the moral conscience.

The schools cannot wait to see if this abuse becomes criminal abuse.

What have schools to do with Brenda's rights ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1467 on: September 04, 2018, 07:22:21 PM »
Wrong as usual.  The message being sent out from here is that abuse, all abuse, is wrong and must be stopped by social media sites.

the sites wont stop it...the police wont stop it...so how do you stop it...

name and shame....simple

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1468 on: September 04, 2018, 07:22:44 PM »

But if social media sites do nothing, then pressure must be brought by the public to highlight the abuse on twitter and Facebook.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1469 on: September 04, 2018, 07:22:59 PM »
What have schools to do with Brenda's rights ?

because children copy adults behaviour