Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137994 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #420 on: August 22, 2018, 11:55:54 AM »
It must but I wonder on that weekend what was her greatest fear ? I believe she had been estranged from her son for some time without committing suicide however she had never been shamefully exposed on worldwide TV before.
If you and your posting history on the subject were exposed on national TV by a doorstepping journalist would you be ashamed or defiant?  Do you think you would be supported by your friends and family or shunned by everyone?  Just curious.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #421 on: August 22, 2018, 11:56:51 AM »
The McCanns are in no way to blame unless they or someone on their behest passed the dossier to Sky. The compilers are another matter and not because they compiled the dossier but because they singled out BL and specifically passed on her name to Brunt, who it would appear, is too stupid to know when he is being played.

I don't see anyone you mention to blame for Brendas death.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 12:03:22 PM by slartibartfast »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #422 on: August 22, 2018, 11:58:40 AM »
Yes many years before but not since.

Her son said the sky incident  was the final straw... So what were the other things happening in her life, at that time

Offline kizzy

« Reply #423 on: August 22, 2018, 12:25:43 PM »
That's mostly your opinion

Well her son who knew her best opinion was.

The court also heard evidence from her son Ben, who said he believed the confrontation had been the final straw.

In a statement, he said he believed she was "completely destroyed" by what had occurred.

He said he heard "panic and fear" in her voice when he spoke to her after the Sky interview.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #424 on: August 22, 2018, 12:29:21 PM »
Well her son who knew her best opinion was.

The court also heard evidence from her son Ben, who said he believed the confrontation had been the final straw.

In a statement, he said he believed she was "completely destroyed" by what had occurred.

He said he heard "panic and fear" in her voice when he spoke to her after the Sky interview.

He said it was the final straw... The final straw  is, a relatively small thing... So what were the other larger things happening... We don't know

Offline kizzy

« Reply #425 on: August 22, 2018, 12:31:53 PM »
It wasn't the son you mention in your post
It was another son from whom she was estranged.
That must have caused her immense pain.

Only in your opinion.

You don't know what the circumstances was.

Or who estranged from who - unless you have a cite to back your post up E.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #426 on: August 22, 2018, 12:36:54 PM »
Only in your opinion.

You don't know what the circumstances was.

Or who estranged from who - unless you have a cite to back your post up E.
We don't have all the facts so it's, quite possible my suggestion is correct

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #427 on: August 22, 2018, 12:41:18 PM »
I think the words "final straw" should not be taken lightly.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #428 on: August 22, 2018, 12:43:13 PM »
He said it was the final straw... The final straw  is, a relatively small thing... So what were the other larger things happening... We don't know

No mention of larger things - seems to me an accumulation of smaller things like to do with the situation caused by brunt

phrase. If an event is the last straw or the straw that broke the camel's back, it is the latest in a series of unpleasant or undesirable events, and makes you feel that you cannot tolerate a situation any longer.

Or maybe tweets on here could have added to her anguish -  from mcns supporters.IMO

https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/womens-issues/brenda-leyland-wasnt-troll-didnt-deserve-die-544755.html

Offline kizzy

« Reply #429 on: August 22, 2018, 12:46:00 PM »
We don't have all the facts so it's, quite possible my suggestion is correct

Possibly wrong as well.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #430 on: August 22, 2018, 12:59:33 PM »

Possibly wrong as well.

Yes, we don't know... But some think they do

Offline kizzy

« Reply #431 on: August 22, 2018, 01:18:23 PM »
Yes, we don't know... But some think they do

Ok D shall i be the adult and leave it at that.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #432 on: August 22, 2018, 01:21:09 PM »
Ok D shall i be the adult and leave it at that.
Yes.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #433 on: August 22, 2018, 04:19:46 PM »
I think the words "final straw" should not be taken lightly.

It is the one that breaks the camels back.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #434 on: August 22, 2018, 04:29:28 PM »
Misuse of the internet is becoming more and more of a major problem with the abuse rate being numbered in thousands ... it is recognised in parliament and is the subject of many reports and academic studies.

It is ironic that the plight of victims many of whom are teenagers who feel driven to kill themselves as a result is superseded by the mess a perpetrator found herself in as a direct result of her obsession with Madeleine's parents.

Brenda Leyland was not a case of mistaken identity ... she did use the internet almost solely to excoriate the McCann family with thousands of posts over a long period.

Do you have a cite for "she did use the internet almost solely to excoriate the McCann family" please Brietta as I have seen she had a facebook page and may have been a member of forums on many other topics for all we know.

Of course Brietta I have read some really horrendous trolling posts on both sides of this case so perhaps you would like the perpetrators from the supporter side to be charged by the police too?

Do we know if there were any supporter tweets, posts in the dossier sent to the police....sorry of course there weren't.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!