Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138949 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #450 on: August 22, 2018, 08:22:22 PM »
Firstly how would you know that? Secondly Brunt as he was given Brenda Leylands name and roughly where she lived would certainly know her age and that she lived alone.

To me she looked very vulnerable yet they didn't show her once on Sky they showed her dozens of times.

Do you think that was right DaveL?

I think online abuse against known poeple is vile...i think it needs to be stopped ...the abusers are causing the problems not the victims...Brenda was an abuser...I dont condemn skys action in the slightest... I would like to see them confront more vicims of online abuse and support the victims

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #451 on: August 22, 2018, 08:25:07 PM »
so you wouldnt follow due process

Yep!
Politely ask him  to leave my property.
After that it's his call.
Resonable force to eject an undesirable is OK.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #452 on: August 22, 2018, 08:26:19 PM »
Yep!

i cant imagine you dropping the nut

Offline Sunny

« Reply #453 on: August 22, 2018, 08:26:40 PM »
I think online abuse against known poeple is vile...i think it needs to be stopped ...the abusers are causing the problems not the victims...Brenda was an abuser...I dont condemn skys action in the slightest... I would like to see them confront more vicims of online abuse and support the victims

What about online abuse against unknown people Davel or is your sympathy only for the McCanns?

I suppose you were one of the architects of the dossier then Davel as you seem to agree with in fact almost appear proud of it.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #454 on: August 22, 2018, 08:29:56 PM »
What about online abuse against unknown people Davel or is your sympathy only for the McCanns?

I suppose you were one of the architects of the dossier then Davel as you seem to agree with in fact almost appear proud of it.

how can  there be online abuse against unknown people...they do not exist... I myself have been subject to vile abuse online...not related to this case...  my children asked me why poeple were being so mean to us..so i have a better understanding than most...I was not part of the dossier compilers but i fully support them
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 08:32:52 PM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #455 on: August 22, 2018, 08:40:45 PM »
so you wouldnt follow due process
It would be a process alright.  Something like mincing comes to mind.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #456 on: August 22, 2018, 08:43:20 PM »
It would be a process alright.  Something like mincing comes to mind.

then it would not be due process...its quite revealing how many posters claim to support due process but when it came to their own situation...wouldnt give it the time of day...hypocrisy again

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #457 on: August 22, 2018, 08:45:31 PM »
then it would not be due process...its quite revealing how many posters claim to support due process but when it came to their own situation...wouldnt give it the time of day...hypocrisy again
That is the rapid "due Process" rather than the drawn out due process.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #458 on: August 22, 2018, 08:47:33 PM »
That is the rapid "due Process" rather than the drawn out due process.

so the dossier compilers have every right to ignore the standard due process that faith has proposed ...if I could be so bold ...that is the idiots view...if you start assaulting journalists it si you who will end up in the dock...and i have been doorstepped

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #459 on: August 22, 2018, 08:50:03 PM »
Oh I think if I was doorstepped by a journalist he would come off worse.

In the BBC guidelines, it is emphasised that it can be a risky tactic and dangerous for the journalist , so a thorough risk assessment must be made.

This activity can present a significant safety risk, especially if the subject is contentious and/or the target interviewee confrontational. It may provoke an aggressive or even a violent response, not only from the target but also from their family, friends and colleagues. The target may try to avoid being interviewed by either taking refuge or escaping on foot or by vehicle, which may create a collateral damage risk.

Also, tensions can be heightened if there is a media scrum to be first to get an interview.

What Can Go Wrong?
Physical attack to crew aiming to injure persons or damage camera equipment.
Injury from weapons (firearms. knives), projectiles (bricks), clubs, high pressure hose pipes etc.
Injury from animals such as dogs, horses etc.
Injury from vehicles caused by erratic and/or fast driving.
Injuries from entanglement with other crews or others at the location.
Getting cornered or unable to escape from threatening situations.
Verbal threats or abuse.

I don't find it particularly surprising that Brunt and his crew chose to track down a single, elderly lady living alone.

This is from Offcom guidelines ;

"Doorstepping for factual programmes should not take place unless a request for an interview has been refused, or it has not been possible to request an interview"

Brunt had a means of contacting Brenda through twitter, had he tried to arrange an interview? It doesn't look like it. He and his employer tried to argue it was in 'the public interest' but who's interest did outing someone for expressing lawful opinions serve?  Can anyone find any examples of Brunt doorstepping any private individual in his long career?

Some might argue that it would be in the public interest to confront some of the last people to see Madeleine over police statements made about them allegedly being involved in child abuse. Or maybe someone in the Leicestershire police could be confronted about not passing that statement on immediately to the officers in an ongoing missing child case that has cost the taxpayer 12 million.
Questions about disturbing statements not passed on really would tick the boxes of 'public interest'.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #460 on: August 22, 2018, 08:51:50 PM »
In the BBC guidelines, it is emphasised that it can be a risky tactic and dangerous for the journalist , so a thorough risk assessment must be made.

I don't find it particularly surprising that Brunt and his crew chose to track down a single, elderly lady living alone.

This is from Offcom guidelines ;

"Doorstepping for factual programmes should not take place unless a request for an interview has been refused, or it has not been possible to request an interview"

Brunt had a means of contacting Brenda through twitter, had he tried to arrange an interview? It doesn't look like it. He and his employer tried to argue it was in 'the public interest' but who's interest did outing someone for expressing lawful opinions serve?  Can anyone find any examples of Brunt doorstepping any private individual in his long career?

Some might argue that it would be in the public interest to confront some of the last people to see Madeleine over police statements made about them allegedly being involved in child abuse. Or maybe someone in the Leicestershire police could be confronted about not passing that statement on immediately to the officers in an ongoing missing child case that has cost the taxpayer 12 million.
Questions about disturbing statements not passed on really would tick the boxes of 'public interest'.

I have sympathy with the victims of online abuse but none with the perpertrators...none whatsoever

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #461 on: August 22, 2018, 08:52:16 PM »

The problem with that is that it's subjective. People saying 'vile' stuff or calling you names isn't unlawful.

Please provide a cite for Brenda being an 'abuser'. The police found no laws broken in 80 pages of the dossier.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #462 on: August 22, 2018, 08:53:57 PM »

No you don't. You have abused Amaral and Brenda and called sceptics mentally ill for not agreeing with you!   Selective abuse is what you want dealt with.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #463 on: August 22, 2018, 08:57:33 PM »
Yep!

That raincoat in itself is offensive!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #464 on: August 22, 2018, 08:58:32 PM »
No you don't. You have abused Amaral and Brenda and called sceptics mentally ill for not agreeing with you!   Selective abuse is what you want dealt with.
Each to their own.
Moderation