Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138952 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #510 on: August 22, 2018, 10:57:55 PM »
Have sceptics ever compiled a dossier ?
Quite possibly, how would I know? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline misty

« Reply #511 on: August 22, 2018, 10:58:37 PM »
Have sceptics ever compiled a dossier ?

I think some tried but gave up due to lack of relevant data.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #512 on: August 22, 2018, 10:59:56 PM »
Yes I seem to recall threats of that nature to submit a dossier of alleged McCann supporter abuse, I wonder whatever happened to that?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #513 on: August 22, 2018, 11:00:22 PM »
That is absolute rubbish John.....abuse is abuse

If you don't receive abuse directly then you cannot be said to be a victim of it.  If someone says something nasty about you behind your back at work you will be totally unaware of the comment so cannot be a victim. If they said the same comment within your hearing then you could be said to be a victim.  Everything in this world is relative.

I think you confuse 'target of abuse' with 'victim of abuse'

People in the public eye like President Trump or PM Theresa May are targets of abuse every day but they aren't victims.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #514 on: August 22, 2018, 11:03:08 PM »
If you don't receive abuse directly then you cannot be said to be a victim of it.  If someone says something nasty about you behind your back at work you will be totally unaware of the comment so cannot be a victim. If they said the same comment within your hearing then you could be said to be a victim.  Everything in this world is relative.

People in the public eye like President Trump or PM Theresa May are targets of abuse every day but they aren't victims.
Do you think the McCanns (or President Trump or Theresa May) are totally unaware of the abuse that gets heaped on them daily on social media?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #515 on: August 22, 2018, 11:04:17 PM »

I dont confuse anything.. leyland posted up to 50 posts a day...have you seen them...many abusive posts towards the mccanns ...an absolute disgrace..she and others needed to be stopped

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #516 on: August 22, 2018, 11:06:34 PM »

Or maybe they just lacked the obsessive temperament needed for such an endeavour.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

« Reply #517 on: August 22, 2018, 11:06:59 PM »

Abuse on social media comes in the written form. If people weren't victims, the likes of Lord McAlpine wouldn't be able to sue.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #518 on: August 22, 2018, 11:08:09 PM »
Or maybe they just lacked the obsessive temperament needed for such an endeavour.

we  havent made this case  our whole life like supporters they    do   would   do anything for the mcanns 8((()*/  they  dont hide their attachment to the mcanns do they??

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #519 on: August 22, 2018, 11:09:31 PM »
Or maybe they were just too exhausted after a hard day’s tweeting bile to muster the energy to trawl the internet looking for a few needles in a giant haystack.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #520 on: August 22, 2018, 11:09:48 PM »
I dont confuse anything.. leyland posted up to 50 posts a day...have you seen them...many abusive posts towards the mccanns ...an absolute disgrace..she and others needed to be stopped

Well Brenda Leyland was stopped wasn't she Davel.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline misty

« Reply #521 on: August 22, 2018, 11:10:00 PM »

How hard could it have been, given how few of us there are & compared to many thousands of them obsessively posting & tweeting?

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #522 on: August 22, 2018, 11:11:17 PM »
Well Brenda Leyland was stopped wasn't she Davel.

forever  too  sunny  supporters dont  realise  brenda  went  all around the world they  played her  on sky news australia here many times  she was  exposed worldwide for having  a  opinion  very sad  imo

Offline John

« Reply #523 on: August 22, 2018, 11:13:24 PM »
Do you think the McCanns (or President Trump or Theresa May) are totally unaware of the abuse that gets heaped on them daily on social media?

Everyone in the public arena receives abuse of one sort or another, it goes with the territory.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #524 on: August 22, 2018, 11:15:46 PM »
Everyone in the public arena receives abuse of one sort or another, it goes with the territory.
I don’t dispute it, in fact I said as much only the other day.  They are all victims of vile online abuse as are most people in the public eye.