Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138007 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #810 on: August 29, 2018, 01:24:25 PM »

Bullying's a matter of opinion, not fact. I believe in free speech some of which may be seen as bullying by some but not by others.

No doubt the bullies see it as their right of free speech.The others who see it as bullying are no doubt their victims.

In school bullies usually worked as part of a group, usually targeted one or two individuals by insulting, accusing and threatening.
Sounds familiar, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 01:27:51 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #811 on: August 29, 2018, 01:25:19 PM »
If they are breaking the law report them to the appropriate authorities if there is sufficient evidence.
If they are not and there isn't there is always the "off" button.

And there is, always going to the papers to highlight  the situation and get the law, changed

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #812 on: August 29, 2018, 01:27:04 PM »

Bullying's a matter of opinion, not fact. I believe in free speech some of which may be seen as bullying by some but not by others.

So when it's, against  your children it's bullying... Against others, it's free-speech.... I think we expected that... Earlier you described jt as nasty cowardly  behaviour.... Now it's free speech

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #813 on: August 29, 2018, 01:29:38 PM »
If they are breaking the law report them to the appropriate authorities if there is sufficient evidence.
If they are not and there isn't there is always the "off" button.

Same goes for brenda and her supporters here... If what sky or the compliers, did is illegal report them...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 04:21:33 PM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #814 on: August 29, 2018, 03:07:06 PM »
There would be no Madeleine forums if a significant proportion of people hadn’t decided to be outraged about the McCanns and the decisions they made in the first place. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 04:18:47 PM by John »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #815 on: August 29, 2018, 04:19:48 PM »
There would be no Madeleine forums if a significant proportion of people hadn’t decided to be outraged about the McCanns and the decisions they made in the first place. 

And equally there wouldn't be if a handful of self appointed defenders hadn't emerged.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 04:19:07 PM by John »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #816 on: August 29, 2018, 04:29:46 PM »
And equally there wouldn't be if a handful of self appointed defenders hadn't emerged.

Which came first?
The attack or the defence?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #817 on: August 29, 2018, 04:40:35 PM »
Oh I think there would...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #818 on: August 29, 2018, 04:51:35 PM »

"I find it reprehensible for anyone to be abusive online. It ranges from calling others stupid to really bad abuse" - G-Unit.  http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6268.msg236214#msg236214

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #819 on: August 29, 2018, 04:57:48 PM »
"I find it reprehensible for anyone to be abusive online. It ranges from calling others stupid to really bad abuse" - G-Unit.  http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6268.msg236214#msg236214

I think It's one thing calling an anonymous blogger stupid but that isn't the same as directing abuse at a real person... Martin Brunt can doorstep me any day... I stand by everthing I have said... That doesn't seem to be the same for the sceptics.... I think brenda deserved to be named and shamed and I'd like more, anonymous bloggers, getting the same treatment...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 04:20:03 PM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #820 on: August 29, 2018, 05:04:56 PM »
By G-Unit's own definition Brenda behaved in a reprehensible fashion, though she would never come straight out and say so.  Brenda went beyond calling someone stupid.  She repeatedly accused the McCanns of being murderers, and bullied a young woman quite mercilessly (the fact that she was mistaken in her target is neither here nor there, the intent to hurt and bully is the issue here).  In fact I haven't heard a single sceptic describe Brenda's actions as in any way reprehensible, all we ever here is what a lovely lady she was.  Well I'm sorry but I don't find her actions particularly lovely.   I'm sure she was a delight in real life, but why did she have to be so vile online?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #821 on: August 29, 2018, 05:21:51 PM »
And there is, always going to the papers to highlight  the situation and get the law, changed

Laws are changed by parliament.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #822 on: August 29, 2018, 05:26:35 PM »
There would be no Madeleine forums if a significant proportion of people hadn’t decided to be outraged about the McCanns and the decisions they made in the first place.  You are a part of that, so please don’t pretend you ocupy any sort of higher ground.

Would you care to put a number against that?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #823 on: August 29, 2018, 05:42:48 PM »
Would you care to put a number against that?
No.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #824 on: August 29, 2018, 06:08:10 PM »
Laws are changed by parliament.
Ultimately, yes, but some laws come about owing initially to the activism of members of the public.