Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137997 times)

Offline John

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1050 on: August 31, 2018, 08:50:19 PM »
Thr only reason brenda has so much support is because some posters here dislike the mccanns

I think you confuse support with sympathy. Members can have sympathy for what happened to her regardless of the McCann case.  I have no time for online abuse or media bullies and Sky News certainly has plenty of that particular creature.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 08:52:31 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1051 on: August 31, 2018, 08:53:26 PM »
We would need to know all the details... Not just you biased account.. Did it even happen... Who knows

And why were you doorstepped ? You seem reticent about giving details. Did you engage with the reporter ?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 08:57:40 PM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1052 on: August 31, 2018, 09:05:36 PM »
Really?   Is it that sad?  Poor Brenda.

Anyone with a shred of common decency, no matter what their thoughts on the McCanns, would baulk at Brenda’s treatment. It was disproportionate to her ‘crimes’ and in their heart of hearts I’m sure those supporting her treatment know it too.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1053 on: August 31, 2018, 09:10:42 PM »
I think you confuse support with sympathy. Members can have sympathy for what happened to her regardless of the McCann case.  I have no time for online abuse or media bullies and Sky News certainly has plenty of that particular creature.
simple question...do you condemn the abuse by brenda

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1054 on: August 31, 2018, 09:11:52 PM »
Really?   Is it that sad?  Poor Brenda.

No, it’s a load of ****.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1055 on: August 31, 2018, 09:13:17 PM »
simple question...do you condemn the abuse by brenda

Of course but the punishment was disproportionate.

Now why were you doorstepped ? What had you done wrong ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1056 on: August 31, 2018, 09:13:48 PM »
And why were you doorstepped ? You seem reticent about giving details. Did you engage with the reporter ?

a dentist who worked for me had a problem...the sun took up the story...I was asked to comment and expalined taht due to patient confidentiality I couldnt comment...the sun said....Boss ...*** ******.....refused to comment under the headline ...Dentist broke my jaw......which wasnt true

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1057 on: August 31, 2018, 09:15:39 PM »

I have far more sympathy for the McCanns...the target of Brendas abuse

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1058 on: August 31, 2018, 09:16:34 PM »

John, not one sceptic member on this forum has 'supported' what Brenda did or said. To be accused of it shows the desperation to vilify members who do not believe the McCanns by supporters and this is a trait the dossier compilers had...  Unpleasant, and vile tactic. It really shouldn't be tolerated.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1059 on: August 31, 2018, 09:19:43 PM »
John, not one sceptic member on this forum has 'supported' what Brenda did or said. To be accused of it shows the desperation to vilify members who do not believe the McCanns by supporters and this is a trait the dossier compilers had...  Unpleasant, and vile tactic. It really shouldn't be tolerated.

Brendas abuse should not be tolerated...and it wasnt...the dossier compilers are blameless..imo

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1060 on: August 31, 2018, 09:23:19 PM »
a dentist who worked for me had a problem...the sun took up the story...I was asked to comment and expalined taht due to patient confidentiality I couldnt comment...the sun said....Boss ...*** ******.....refused to comment under the headline ...Dentist broke my jaw......which wasnt true

No such headline seems to exist.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1061 on: August 31, 2018, 09:25:58 PM »
Of course but the punishment was disproportionate.

Now why were you doorstepped ? What had you done wrong ?

I had quite a lot of very nasty online abuse after appearing on TV with my wife and children...very nasty ........you tube werent interested in taking the clip down and there was nothing I could do...eventually it disappeared.

thats probably why i feel so strongly about online abuse.....when my children said...why are people being so mean to us

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1062 on: August 31, 2018, 09:27:32 PM »
No such headline seems to exist.

It did exist...but i think the dentist involved has had it removed when google offered the right to be forgotten some  ago....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1063 on: August 31, 2018, 09:28:49 PM »
Great, in that case we can say Brenda and others may have committed an offence despite no sanctions being applied.   8((()*/

No!
The dossier was passed to the police who stated no offence had been committed.
Even if Brenda did commit an offence your argument is looking a trifle like the law only applies to people with whom you agree.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 01:54:55 AM by John »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1064 on: August 31, 2018, 09:29:19 PM »
I had quite a lot of very nasty online abuse after appearing on TV with my wife and children...very nasty ........you tube werent interested in taking the clip down and there was nothing I could do...eventually it disappeared.

thats probably why i feel so strongly about online abuse.....when my children said...why are people being so mean to us

A headline that doesn’t seem to exist and a YouTube video that ‘ disappeared ‘. ’