Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137989 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1170 on: September 01, 2018, 10:17:09 PM »
They boasted there were over two thousand of them.

I think I know the forum that you refer to but was Brenda a member of that forum, otherwise it is irrelevant IMO.

Brenda was not a member of any organisation as far as I am aware. I am not being organised as I am sure most on here are not. We are simply speaking our own mind on the subject.

I see organisation on the side of some supporters in the creation of various blogs and the dossier itself of course.

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1171 on: September 01, 2018, 10:22:58 PM »
Brenda was identified by a group of supporters (and I mean a group), her home address etc was logged and her identity was even discussed on twitter.  This was all prior to Martin Brunt's expose.

Her details (name and county) were then passed to the media including Martin Brunt who it would appear chose her as a soft target. Possibly because she was a vulnerable middle class elderly lady who lived alone in the same county as the McCanns did.  For him it would make more of a shock media target and impact for his programme, this without thinking of the actual effect his and others actions would actually have on Brenda.

Had he chosen a working class male he would probably have had a mouthful of abuse and a punch in the face. So he chose Brenda Leyland and now she is dead.

Martin Brunt did not "find" Brenda he was handed her identity on a plate.

Please stop saying otherwise as it is simply not true.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1172 on: September 01, 2018, 10:32:54 PM »
Brenda was identified by a group of supporters (and I mean a group), her home address etc was logged and her identity was even discussed on twitter.  This was all prior to Martin Brunt's expose.

Her details (name and county) were then passed to the media including Martin Brunt who it would appear chose her as a soft target. Possibly because she was a vulnerable middle class elderly lady who lived alone in the same county as the McCanns did.  For him it would make more of a shock media target and impact for his programme, this without thinking of the actual effect his and others actions would actually have on Brenda.

Had he chosen a working class male he would probably have had a mouthful of abuse and a punch in the face. So he chose Brenda Leyland and now she is dead.

You are making unsubstantiated statements and stating opinion without caveat in this post ... you are going to have to sort those deficiencies out ASAP or I will have to delete and John can make the decision whether or not to reinstate your post.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1173 on: September 01, 2018, 10:35:42 PM »
To be honest I can't see that you can still make that claim without proof. How many years back are you making that claim for.

Please provide a cite for "Sceptics or supporters - who are and were more numerous on the #McCann tag that Brenda favoured?  A simple question, with a very simple answer.  Sceptics - massively."
The cite is the #McCann tag.  It’s there for all to see.  What sort of tweets predominate on that tag?  What are the most popular tweets with the most likes and retweets? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Alice Purjorick

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1175 on: September 01, 2018, 10:36:56 PM »
You are making unsubstantiated statements and stating opinion without caveat in this post ... you are going to have to sort those deficiencies out ASAP or I will have to delete and John can make the decision whether or not to reinstate your post.

Some of the above I can substatiate Brietta. The rest is probably opinion.

Brenda was named by supporters and discussed on twitter prior to the dossier being shown by Brunt. This included her name and county of residence.

Otherwise I think I have shown it was my opinion eg using words like "it would appear" and "possibly"

I stand by Martin Brunt did not find Brenda he was handed her on a plate. He was.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1176 on: September 01, 2018, 10:38:09 PM »

Plenty of cites needed there. 

I recall an uncouth male oik being doorstepped and made front page news about his hatred of the McCanns but I don’t recall any punches being thrown.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1177 on: September 01, 2018, 10:39:20 PM »
Some of the above I can substatiate Brietta. The rest is probably opinion.

Brenda was named by supporters and discussed on twitter prior to the dossier being shown by Brunt. This included her name and county of residence.

Otherwise I think I have shown it was my opinion eg using words like "it would appear" and "possibly"

I stand by Martin Brunt did not find Brenda he was handed her on a plate. He was.
Can you please substantiate this claim with cites, thanks.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1178 on: September 01, 2018, 10:45:14 PM »
Plenty of cites needed there. 

I recall an uncouth male oik being doorstepped and made front page news about his hatred of the McCanns but I don’t recall any punches being thrown.

I said probably not definitely Vertigo Swirl.

OK about cites

How about http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sl7pm3  - I have seen images of these tweets and they are genuine IMO.

I have already given a cite TWICE that Martin Brunt was given Brenda Leyland's name and Leicester (shire) as being her address.  Supporters on here keep saying that Martin Brunt found out her identity. He did not he was given it. If I said your name was ..... and you lived in .... and gave that to a reporter. If they they doorstepped you would they have found you or been given your identity.

I still stand by that.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1179 on: September 01, 2018, 10:54:22 PM »
"She{Brenda Leyland] would spend entire mornings or evenings conversing with other sceptics, arguing with McCann supporters, or just spouting her views on the latest angle to the case".

How droll   *%87.   
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1180 on: September 01, 2018, 10:59:44 PM »
It does believe it or not - all the top tweets on that tag are by sceptics, and concern ancient history that have been said a billion times before.  The dedication involved in repeating one’s mantras on a daily, if not hourly basis is really quite staggering.

Priceless.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1181 on: September 01, 2018, 11:04:00 PM »
Priceless.
Are you hope to get a baker’s dozen for this one?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1182 on: September 01, 2018, 11:05:19 PM »
I said probably not definitely Vertigo Swirl.

OK about cites

How about http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sl7pm3  - I have seen images of these tweets and they are genuine IMO.

I have already given a cite TWICE that Martin Brunt was given Brenda Leyland's name and Leicester (shire) as being her address.  Supporters on here keep saying that Martin Brunt found out her identity. He did not he was given it. If I said your name was ..... and you lived in .... and gave that to a reporter. If they they doorstepped you would they have found you or been given your identity.

I still stand by that.

Scary. The bile on your link towards BL.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1183 on: September 01, 2018, 11:06:48 PM »
Are you hope to get a baker’s dozen for this one?

Jus a comment based on a bit of research I did on posters on this forum from 5 years ago.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1184 on: September 01, 2018, 11:09:46 PM »
Scary. The bile on your link towards BL.

And of course all of this was before her information was passed onto the media IMO. This gives an indication of what Brenda Leyland was dealing with on twitter. No wonder some of her posts come across as vitriolic if she was trying to discuss the case with such as these.