Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138000 times)

Offline misty

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1200 on: September 02, 2018, 12:03:08 AM »
Am I alone in finding it a bit creepy that a moderator of this form has admitted to “researching” members of this forum over the last 5 years?

No, you're not alone; but it's quite well-known on twitter that email addresses & personal info are harvested by certain individuals for some undefined purpose. On this forum, however, I would expect an admission by a Mod to have "researched" fellow posters to attract serious punishment from the hierarchy.
IMO.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1201 on: September 02, 2018, 01:14:00 AM »
No, you're not alone; but it's quite well-known on twitter that email addresses & personal info are harvested by certain individuals for some undefined purpose. On this forum, however, I would expect an admission by a Mod to have "researched" fellow posters to attract serious punishment from the hierarchy.
IMO.

I find this admission most worrying and now have serious concerns about this "research".
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1202 on: September 02, 2018, 01:48:11 AM »
I find this admission most worrying and now have serious concerns about this "research".

I really think it was just ill advised bluster; there is no way a moderator could access any personal information. 

When a comment is reported we can see the member's email address, and that is it.  I opened another account exclusively for use on the forum and I think most members do that.

I think what was meant in the original post was that previous threads and posts have been trawled through and I doubt if even that.

John has given reassurance in the past that confidentiality cannot be breached ~ as a mod I can see a little more behind the scenes than other members ~ and as a senior mod I can see slightly more than Slarti can, and I can reassure everyone that security of data is as tight as can be.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1203 on: September 02, 2018, 06:57:10 AM »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!
[/co
You are giving me problems with this ... I am not happy at all with your response ... but I am probably going to have to leave it for John to fix because it has all moved on from where we were.

Unfortunately it appears your signature is just for show since in my opinion you have failed to implement it on a few occasions now.
Perhaps I will steal it from you ... because I do intend to implement it immediately in future without giving a period of grace for amendment.

Everyone asked to provide a cite should do so, but they don't.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1204 on: September 02, 2018, 07:06:57 AM »
IMO.

Any member can see old posts;

"Sure, if you look at posts from 5 years ago from this forum, you find vitually identical posts to ones posted by the same posters today. Hence priceless."
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10052.msg484899#msg484899
Result = happy posting.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1205 on: September 02, 2018, 07:49:28 AM »
Any member can see old posts;

"Sure, if you look at posts from 5 years ago from this forum, you find vitually identical posts to ones posted by the same posters today. Hence priceless."
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10052.msg484899#msg484899

Exactly. Looking at progressively older and older posts from someone you are debating with to find contradictions and admissions is fairly common by some posters and sometimes you have to play them at their own game.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1206 on: September 02, 2018, 07:58:33 AM »
A huge amount of work was done by a site named 'McCannhateexposed', which seemed to appear in 2012. It was viewable until early 2014 but is now member's only.

Looking at it on wayback there are lists of names who, they assert, are part of a 'Hate Campaign' against the Canns. Some of the people listed have always used their own names, such as Tony Bennett and Pat Brown. Others who posted anonymously had their real names listed with their usernames.

I don't understand why anyone would put so much time and effort into gathering such a lot of information about others. If the intention was to inform why did it go private in 2014?

Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1207 on: September 02, 2018, 08:23:06 AM »
Exactly. Looking at progressively older and older posts from someone you are debating with to find contradictions and admissions is fairly common by some posters and sometimes you have to play them at their own game.
You have yet to respond to my question.  I think it’s bad form of a moderator to put down another’s post with a single word, implying that they are some sort of hypocrite or fool without then following it up when challenged to provide evidence of this alleged foolishness or hypocrisy. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1208 on: September 02, 2018, 08:34:17 AM »
That is not the same as what I was talking about and I think you know it.  I am talking about individuals who tweet more or less  the same messages on a regular, sometimes more than daily, basis year in year out, hateful propaganda whose sole intent seems to be to encourage other tweeters to believe the McCanns are money grabbing, callous, body disposing liars with murderous and paedophile tendencies.  Just one example would be the nauseating repitition of certain sections of the Gaspar statement.  They appear day in, day out, sometimes tweeted by individuals who have appropriated the Gaspar name for that purpose.  Now, does that sort of thing go on here, because if it has I must have missed it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 08:41:38 AM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #1209 on: September 02, 2018, 08:42:49 AM »
That is not the same as what I was talking about and I think you know it.  I am talking about individuals who tweet more or less  the same messages on a regular, sometimes more than daily, basis year in year out, hateful propaganda whose sole intent seems to be to encourage other tweeters to believe the McCanns are money grabbing, callous, body disposing liars with murderous and paedophile tendencies.  Just one example would be the nauseating repitition of certain sections of the Gaspar statement.  They appear day in, day out, sometimes tweeted by individuals who have appropriated the Gaspar name for that purpose.  Now, does that sort of thing go on here, because if it has I must have missed it.

Are those the ones against Martin Grime you refer to?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1210 on: September 02, 2018, 09:05:37 AM »
The thread title is ... 'Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?'

Please make the attempt in your posts to fit some mention of that topic somewhere into the argument ... and please desist from from off topic argument which is personal in nature.  Thank you
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1211 on: September 02, 2018, 09:22:48 AM »
Are those the ones against Martin Grime you refer to?
What, users appropriating thr name of Gaspar and the like tweeting against Martin Grime?  That’s a new one on me.  Perhaps you could post some examples?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1212 on: September 02, 2018, 09:31:18 AM »
I really think it was just ill advised bluster; there is no way a moderator could access any personal information. 

When a comment is reported we can see the member's email address, and that is it.  I opened another account exclusively for use on the forum and I think most members do that.

I think what was meant in the original post was that previous threads and posts have been trawled through and I doubt if even that.

John has given reassurance in the past that confidentiality cannot be breached ~ as a mod I can see a little more behind the scenes than other members ~ and as a senior mod I can see slightly more than Slarti can, and I can reassure everyone that security of data is as tight as can be.

More a misunderstanding by the reader. You have to wonder why some people’s first thought was of underhand purposes.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1213 on: September 02, 2018, 09:36:28 AM »
More a misunderstanding by the reader. You have to wonder why some people’s first thought was of underhand purposes.

Par for the course.
Suspicion breeds suspicion.
You and others have expressed suspicion of me being involved in the dossier in spite of my assurances to you and others that I wasn't.
As I say suspicion breeds suspicion.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 09:40:08 AM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1214 on: September 02, 2018, 09:45:33 AM »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

You are giving me problems with this ... I am not happy at all with your response ... but I am probably going to have to leave it for John to fix because it has all moved on from where we were.

Unfortunately it appears your signature is just for show since in my opinion you have failed to implement it on a few occasions now.
Perhaps I will steal it from you ... because I do intend to implement it immediately in future without giving a period of grace for amendment.
Breitta I have already given two cites showing the supporters found Brenda and that Brunt did not as he was given her name and that she lived in Leicester (shire).

What more do you want? I suggest you read back through my posts before pontificating on whether you have to take further steps against me.  You have given me 9 hours to respond (most of which I was asleep).