Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138010 times)

Offline misty

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1245 on: September 02, 2018, 09:09:06 PM »
Has it had any effect ?

No idea - but if anyone other than the McCanns is arrested I'm sure the letter will have its uses for years in forum land.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1246 on: September 02, 2018, 09:39:09 PM »
You seem to be very selective about the sites you visit, have you never visited a sceptic site that criticises or copies?

Not to the exclusion of all else, no.

I very rarely visit other sites unless they come up when I'm searching for information. In those cases CMoMM is usually the top answer due to the wealth of information that has been gathered there. Then there's Joanna Morais and Pamalam.

Supporter sites rarely appear because they contain more opinion than facts in my opinion.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1247 on: September 02, 2018, 10:16:20 PM »
Not to the exclusion of all else, no.

I very rarely visit other sites unless they come up when I'm searching for information. In those cases CMoMM is usually the top answer due to the wealth of information that has been gathered there. Then there's Joanna Morais and Pamalam.

Supporter sites rarely appear because they contain more opinion than facts in my opinion.

I agree CMOMM contains a lot of information.. Much of it absolute rubbish

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1248 on: September 02, 2018, 10:26:50 PM »
I agree CMOMM contains a lot of information.. Much of it absolute rubbish
Yes it’s akin to saying the Bible holds a wealth of information about how the earth came into being.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1249 on: September 03, 2018, 05:07:22 AM »
Yes it’s akin to saying the Bible holds a wealth of information about how the earth came into being.
More than most realise IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1250 on: September 03, 2018, 05:18:48 AM »
I've been away from the internet for a week and this thread has grown by about 30 pages so I'll just accept it is all OK.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1251 on: September 03, 2018, 06:16:42 AM »
I have seen suggestions that the dossier compilers had a connection to Summers and Swan and they did seem to be well informed;

Last August, a group of 10 “concerned citizens” wrote to the Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, alerting him to “an appalling campaign of abuse directed at the parents and wider family of Madeleine McCann”.

None of the authors of the letter was related to or even knew Kate and Gerry McCann. It was, rather, they said, the behaviour of an army of online “[ censored word ]s” in recent months that decided them to turn to law enforcement. The abuses against the McCanns had “raged for over seven years now, but have lately become worse”.......

Yet the police yesterday ruled out taking any action. In a reply to the “concerned citizens”, Roger Bannister, the Assistant Chief Constable of the Leicestershire force – asked by Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe to look into the issues they had raised – wrote that, on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecutions, the evidence submitted of the abuse the McCanns had faced that had been “did not reach the evidential threshold for a successful prosecution”.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11576515/No-one-has-the-right-to-take-away-a-parents-hope.html

Result = happy posting.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1252 on: September 03, 2018, 06:35:51 AM »
I have seen suggestions that the dossier compilers had a connection to Summers and Swan and they did seem to be well informed;

Last August, a group of 10 “concerned citizens” wrote to the Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, alerting him to “an appalling campaign of abuse directed at the parents and wider family of Madeleine McCann”.

None of the authors of the letter was related to or even knew Kate and Gerry McCann. It was, rather, they said, the behaviour of an army of online “[ censored word ]” in recent months that decided them to turn to law enforcement. The abuses against the McCanns had “raged for over seven years now, but have lately become worse”.......

Yet the police yesterday ruled out taking any action. In a reply to the “concerned citizens”, Roger Bannister, the Assistant Chief Constable of the Leicestershire force – asked by Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe to look into the issues they had raised – wrote that, on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecutions, the evidence submitted of the abuse the McCanns had faced that had been “did not reach the evidential threshold for a successful prosecution”.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11576515/No-one-has-the-right-to-take-away-a-parents-hope.html

I wasn't involved in the case then but had the so called abuses become worse or was that just given as a reason to present the dossier at that particular time?

I am sure that the dossier gang knew that no one would be prosecuted as I have seen threads on a forum where they were bemoaning the law on free speech and that the police would have done not have done anything.

Does anyone know?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1253 on: September 03, 2018, 07:07:50 AM »
Online abuse is a serious topic that needs to be addressed.... Not the tit for tat arguments between posters, but the targetting if individuals not involved with the sites.  For this, reason I applaud the action of the compilers and of Brunt and Sky and don't believe they have any responsibility  fir the death of Brenda

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1254 on: September 03, 2018, 07:20:22 AM »
Online abuse is a serious topic that needs to be addressed.... Not the tit for tat arguments between posters, but the targetting if individuals not involved with the sites.  For this, reason I applaud the action of the compilers and of Brunt and Sky and don't believe they have any responsibility  fir the death of Brenda

In your opinion had the "online abuse" got worse prior to the dossier being compiled though. That was my point.

You have already said before many times that you applaud the dossier gatherers e.t.c.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1255 on: September 03, 2018, 08:06:56 AM »

How many sites target individuals who aren't involved in the sites?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1256 on: September 03, 2018, 08:13:35 AM »
All of them.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1257 on: September 03, 2018, 08:30:47 AM »

The difference is abusing real individuals  rather than anonymous  posters.... Abusing real people is far more serious

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1258 on: September 03, 2018, 08:40:03 AM »
All of them.

Individuals other than the McCanns, I meant.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1259 on: September 03, 2018, 08:59:02 AM »
The difference is abusing real individuals  rather than anonymous  posters.... Abusing real people is far more serious

I have seen sites with threads aimed at named individuals such as Amaral and Grime. I don't think they are members.
Result = happy posting.