Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137992 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1275 on: September 03, 2018, 12:04:46 PM »
Have either Amaral or Grime been stalked at work, leaflets dropped through their neighbours letter boxes.,their children photographed, places where their children went to play visited.??

This is the level of abuse and more that the McCann family have had.
Tip of the iceberg.
Much worse than any criticism of Amaral and Grime.
In my opinion.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1276 on: September 03, 2018, 12:07:53 PM »
I have no intention of playing the 'this abuse was worse than that abuse' game. No laws have been broken and all abuse is wrong whichever form it takes and whoever it's directed at. Anyone who disapproves of abuse should condemn all abuse in my opinion.

If you wish to equate the abuse shown to the McCann family with the criticism and low level name calling given to Amaral and anonymous posters, then that is your privilege.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1277 on: September 03, 2018, 12:11:25 PM »
This is the level of abuse and more that the McCann family have had.
Tip of the iceberg.
Much worse than any criticism of Amaral and Grime.
In my opinion.

Any sensible person would agree that that level of abuse is totally unacceptable Erngath.    The question on the title of this thread though is Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process.  I doubt that she was involved in any of those disgusting things so was her treatment by the dossier collators and the media fair to her?
IMO no and two wrongs do not make a right in my book.   She may have made some nasty tweets but she was not guilty of a crime under our law so did not deserve her treatment.

IMO she was used a scapegoat and held accountable by the media etc for all the tweets, posts and stalking you mention and what she clearly was not guilty of.

All the above is my opinion
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1278 on: September 03, 2018, 12:14:51 PM »
If you wish to equate the abuse shown to the McCann family with the criticism and low level name calling given to Amaral and anonymous posters, then that is your privilege.

I have today seen a post saying Amaral deserved to die slowly and painfully from cancer. I call that abuse and I condemn it. Do you?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1279 on: September 03, 2018, 12:16:29 PM »
Any sensible person would agree that that level of abuse is totally unacceptable Erngath.    The question on the title of this thread though is Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process.  I doubt that she was involved in any of those disgusting things so was her treatment by the dossier collators and the media fair to her?
IMO no and two wrongs do not make a right in my book.   She may have made some nasty tweets but she was not guilty of a crime under our law so did not deserve her treatment.

IMO she was used a scapegoat and held accountable by the media etc for all the tweets, posts and stalking you mention and what she clearly was not guilty of.

All the above is my opinion

In my opinion the copious amounts of her twitterings  on the subject of the McCanns and her expressions of hatred and contempt for them, certainly would have been cause for concern and she was rightly included among those who were also involved in such abusive online activity.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1280 on: September 03, 2018, 12:17:26 PM »
I have today seen a post saying Amaral deserved to die slowly and painfully from cancer. I call that abuse and I condemn it. Do you?

Of course.. The person who made that tweet has, a lot of problems.. Imo... I question  your judgement on the basis you needed to ask that question
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 12:26:34 PM by Davel »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1281 on: September 03, 2018, 12:18:17 PM »

Having never seen such a post, I will have to take your word for that.
If true, then of course I condemn it.
Do you condemn the activities of those whose behaviour I have previously outlined.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1282 on: September 03, 2018, 12:32:03 PM »

I've said I condemn that... Not difficult... Your turn... Do you condemn some of Brendas more extreme posts

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1283 on: September 03, 2018, 01:15:32 PM »
I said probably not definitely Vertigo Swirl.

OK about cites

How about http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sl7pm3  - I have seen images of these tweets and they are genuine IMO.

I have already given a cite TWICE that Martin Brunt was given Brenda Leyland's name and Leicester (shire) as being her address.  Supporters on here keep saying that Martin Brunt found out her identity. He did not he was given it. If I said your name was ..... and you lived in .... and gave that to a reporter. If they they doorstepped you would they have found you or been given your identity.

I still stand by that.

Absolutely shocking Sunny. With all their tick tocking it was obvious the supporters  had handed her details to Brunt. They really weren’t the brightest bulbs in the box, were they ? Putting the details out there for all to see.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1284 on: September 03, 2018, 01:22:36 PM »
Absolutely shocking Sunny. With all their tick tocking it was obvious the supporters  had handed her details to Brunt. They really weren’t the brightest bulbs in the box, were they ? Putting the details out there for all to see.

And yet none of the supporters on here appear to think that the dossier collators nor Brunt didn't anything wrong.  in fact we have one member who thinks it was a great idea and obviously would wish to be involved in a further dossier.

The dossier cartel may not have broken the law but IMO they are as bad as the worst trolls as they knew the devastation they would cause a lady in her 60s living alone and cared not one jot.   

They surely could have simply listed those who were clearly trxxlls and did the things that Erngath has claimed (assuming someone did this as I asked for a cite and had no reply from her).  Or insisted that Brenda's identity was hidden (I am sure that would be devastating enough for her). 

I do not believe that the person who was interviewed with the swans was unaware of what was to happen to Brenda. IIMO Brunt would have kept her informed at all times of what was to happen.

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1285 on: September 03, 2018, 01:42:17 PM »
And yet none of the supporters on here appear to think that the dossier collators nor Brunt didn't anything wrong.  in fact we have one member who thinks it was a great idea and obviously would wish to be involved in a further dossier.

The dossier cartel may not have broken the law but IMO they are as bad as the worst trolls as they knew the devastation they would cause a lady in her 60s living alone and cared not one jot.   

They surely could have simply listed those who were clearly trxxlls and did the things that Erngath has claimed (assuming someone did this as I asked for a cite and had no reply from her).  Or insisted that Brenda's identity was hidden (I am sure that would be devastating enough for her). 

I do not believe that the person who was interviewed with the swans was unaware of what was to happen to Brenda. IIMO Brunt would have kept her informed at all times of what was to happen.

Many accusations being made in that post.
Although you have been careful to add IMO several times and use " I believe" to disguise the fact that you are making assumptions and accusations.
Have you noticed you are the only sceptic who is asking for cites for the list of ignominious activities of some sceptics?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1286 on: September 03, 2018, 01:56:18 PM »
I've said I condemn that... Not difficult... Your turn... Do you condemn some of Brendas more extreme posts

I condemn all the abuse, as I've said several times. I also condemn people who take the law into their own hands. That also can't be justified in my opinion, no matter how outraged they are.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1287 on: September 03, 2018, 02:19:43 PM »

Many accusations being made in that post.
Although you have been careful to add IMO several times and use " I believe" to disguise the fact that you are making assumptions and accusations.
Have you noticed you are the only sceptic who is asking for cites for the list of ignominious activities of some sceptics?

The ‘ignominious activities’ of sceptics has been adequately documented here already. What hasn’t is the ‘ignominious activities’ of the supporters who insulted and ultimately outed Brenda on Twitter in the most shameless ( though not very clever ) way.

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1288 on: September 03, 2018, 02:33:09 PM »
I condemn all the abuse, as I've said several times. I also condemn people who take the law into their own hands. That also can't be justified in my opinion, no matter how outraged they are.

Just wanted to confirm you condemn Brendas abuse... You seem a bit reticent to admit it... I condemn all abuse towards real people but I don't see someone calling an anonymous, poster, an idiot as, beeing particularly  important.... I fully support the, dossier compilers... Brunt and Sky news... Abuse such as brenda was posting needs to be stopped

I didn't see anyone taking the law into their own hands although the online campaign  brenda was, involved in could be seen that way
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 02:49:49 PM by Davel »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1289 on: September 03, 2018, 02:34:56 PM »
The ‘ignominious activities’ of sceptics has been adequately documented here already. What hasn’t is the ‘ignominious activities’ of the supporters who insulted and ultimately outed Brenda on Twitter in the most shameless ( though not very clever ) way.

I doubt any activities of any supporters could  either match the volume or the sheer nastiness of many sceptics of which sadly Brenda chose to align herself with.
I've said before that the rolling news type of broadcast of which Brenda was the subject is a type of broadcasting of which I don't approve.