Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137992 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1395 on: September 04, 2018, 12:01:52 PM »
I think you would change verbal to online.

You would also have a number of other questions changing abuse to criticism and then to comment, to get a better idea of views held.

But then you would not be getting a view on abuse... Which is what Brenda was engaged in... Nothing wrong with criticism.....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1396 on: September 04, 2018, 12:03:07 PM »
I don't know how people find out the identity of others on the internet, but if it happened to me I would want to know how it's done because my right to privacy (Article 8 of the EUCFR) would have been breached. I would want to know how my personal data was able to be gathered, because I have the right to have it protected by those who offer people the choice to post anonymously on the internet. 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1397 on: September 04, 2018, 12:15:04 PM »
I don't know how people find out the identity of others on the internet, but if it happened to me I would want to know how it's done because my right to privacy (Article 8 of the EUCFR) would have been breached. I would want to know how my personal data was able to be gathered, because I have the right to have it protected by those who offer people the choice to post anonymously on the internet.

On that basis I might have a claim against Amazon

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1398 on: September 04, 2018, 12:19:44 PM »
"Is it appropriate behaviour to expose the family of a missing child to unrelenting verbal assault for over eleven years without let or hindrance and most of which is organised by groups set up specifically for the purpose?"

That is a pretty complex question.   I agree too biased.

What is biased?  The sum of the parts or the whole bearing in mind that the McCanns are not the only family suffering the trauma of a family member going missing? **

I would state with certainty though that they are unique in the volume of instruments set up on the internet to pry into every facet of their lives and to have had ordure heaped on them for over eleven years.
Brenda Leyland was an active although anonymous participant in that.

It has been quoted on numerous occasions that Brenda Leyland's son said:
Snip
"He heard panic and fear in her voice after the Sky intervention. It was the final straw. She was broken, weak and completely destroyed by what occurred."
----------------------------------------------------------------

What seldom accompanies that sentence are the many preceding it.

Snip
It was said she had attempted suicide before, a number of years ago.

His report continues saying she was very happy in the village however she had struggled with depression over the years and had alienated people in the past. She had difficulty connecting with people.

She was undergoing therapy, with medication for anxiety and extreme bouts of depression.

She had struggled with health conditions, and had physical, untreatable health issues.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Brenda_Leyland.htm

** Social Media, Trolls and Your Missing

Unfortunately, families of missing may endure rumors, malicious havoc and even cyber harassment.

This is very common when blogs and forums exist in which members of the general public will gather and discuss cases.

Most “bloggers” are not privy to information regarding “actual case specifics” and will draw upon their own conclusions and many times are wrong.
This creates rumors and gossip which adds to undue stress for the family trying to find their missing loved one.

With that said, Social Media is a great source to utilize to help find your missing…however, it can also cause pain to families of missing should they not be aware of situations that can arise and what to do to help prevent them.

This page was designed to help families understand what they can do to avoid such situations.
http://lostnmissing.org/socialmedia/
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1399 on: September 04, 2018, 12:20:00 PM »
Actually you have got that the wrong way round IMO.

Fellow professionals criticising someone if fine, layman isn’t and can be libellous. It is legitimate to criticise someone’s everyday behaviour based on fact.

So.... If I said Wayne Rooney had an awful game in his last outing.... I'm criticising a professional... Would he have a case for libel... No he wouldn't... You need to look at libel law, again

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1400 on: September 04, 2018, 12:29:25 PM »
So.... If I said Wayne Rooney had an awful game in his last outing.... I'm criticising a professional... Would he have a case for libel... No he wouldn't... You need to look at libel law, again

It depends if you understand football.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1401 on: September 04, 2018, 01:21:02 PM »
What is biased?  The sum of the parts or the whole bearing in mind that the McCanns are not the only family suffering the trauma of a family member going missing? **

I would state with certainty though that they are unique in the volume of instruments set up on the internet to pry into every facet of their lives and to have had ordure heaped on them for over eleven years.
Brenda Leyland was an active although anonymous participant in that.

It has been quoted on numerous occasions that Brenda Leyland's son said:
Snip
"He heard panic and fear in her voice after the Sky intervention. It was the final straw. She was broken, weak and completely destroyed by what occurred."
----------------------------------------------------------------

What seldom accompanies that sentence are the many preceding it.

Snip
It was said she had attempted suicide before, a number of years ago.

His report continues saying she was very happy in the village however she had struggled with depression over the years and had alienated people in the past. She had difficulty connecting with people.

She was undergoing therapy, with medication for anxiety and extreme bouts of depression.

She had struggled with health conditions, and had physical, untreatable health issues.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Brenda_Leyland.htm

** Social Media, Trolls and Your Missing

Unfortunately, families of missing may endure rumors, malicious havoc and even cyber harassment.

This is very common when blogs and forums exist in which members of the general public will gather and discuss cases.

Most “bloggers” are not privy to information regarding “actual case specifics” and will draw upon their own conclusions and many times are wrong.
This creates rumors and gossip which adds to undue stress for the family trying to find their missing loved one.

With that said, Social Media is a great source to utilize to help find your missing…however, it can also cause pain to families of missing should they not be aware of situations that can arise and what to do to help prevent them.

This page was designed to help families understand what they can do to avoid such situations.
http://lostnmissing.org/socialmedia/

A survey question is biased when it's clear which answer the questioner prefers.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1402 on: September 04, 2018, 02:11:13 PM »
It depends if you understand football.

Why.. Im not a professional

I think Theresa May is making a mess of Brexit... Am I entitled to criticise May... Is that libel

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1403 on: September 04, 2018, 02:12:14 PM »
And last of all... I wasn't impressed with the alerts given by the dogs...

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1404 on: September 04, 2018, 03:57:39 PM »
I  have just read through this thread and have seen posters trying to say that other people were "doorstepped" and haven't committed suicide.

Of course this is very true but Brenda Leyland was not just "doorstepped" she had her entire character systematically destroyed by dozens of journalists and many of our UK media outlets for days on end. The video of her being "doorstepped" was shown ever 30 minutes or so on Sky News.

Now why a middle class lady in her 60s who made tweets about the McCann couple should be newsworthy is one question, whether she was newsworthy to the extent that she was exposed within the media is yet another.

Can anyone justify why Brenda had a character assassination by Sky News, The Sun, The Guardian, etc simply because she made some unpleasant (and yes some abusive) tweets about the McCanns that hardly anyone saw.

I certainly didn't see them as I wasn't reading anything about the case at all at that time.

I read my news on the google news page and couldn't remember prior to then ever seeing a McCann related story although I probably had seen the odd one without really noticing it.

However after Brenda was doorstepped there were dozens of articles all calling her trxll etc.

Total overkill (literally) IMO
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1405 on: September 04, 2018, 04:00:31 PM »

Did Brenda Leyland not originally comment under her real name?  If so, why did she change it to Sweepy Face?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1406 on: September 04, 2018, 04:07:34 PM »
I  have just read through this thread and have seen posters trying to say that other people were "doorstepped" and haven't committed suicide.

Of course this is very true but Brenda Leyland was not just "doorstepped" she had her entire character systematically destroyed by dozens of journalists and many of our UK media outlets for days on end. The video of her being "doorstepped" was shown ever 30 minutes or so on Sky News.

Now why a middle class lady in her 60s who made tweets about the McCann couple should be newsworthy is one question, whether she was newsworthy to the extent that she was exposed within the media is yet another.

Can anyone justify why Brenda had a character assassination by Sky News, The Sun, The Guardian, etc simply because she made some unpleasant (and yes some abusive) tweets about the McCanns that hardly anyone saw.

I certainly didn't see them as I wasn't reading anything about the case at all at that time.

I read my news on the google news page and couldn't remember prior to then ever seeing a McCann related story although I probably had seen the odd one without really noticing it.

However after Brenda was doorstepped there were dozens of articles all calling her trxll etc.

Total overkill (literally) IMO

Just your opinion.... A bully getting exposed IMO.... The McCann case is newsworthy... Brenda chose to get involved... Her choice... The press was entitled to do what it did... Their choice

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1407 on: September 04, 2018, 04:09:40 PM »
Did Brenda Leyland not originally comment under her real name?  If so, why did she change it to Sweepy Face?

I don't know Eleanor but what I do know is some supporters found her by comparing her facebook account with her twitter account. Perhaps she made posts on a mccann sceptic facebook page or even liked someone elses comments one one.

This set the supporters searching for a twitter account to compare to her facebook page IMO.  Of course she had her son's dog on her twitter account and also I gather her facebook page so it would be easy to confirm when you had both pages in front of you.

The question is why would the supporters want her information? Oh sorry I know why  they did as they have shown why.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1408 on: September 04, 2018, 04:16:33 PM »
I don't know Eleanor but what I do know is some supporters found her by comparing her facebook account with her twitter account. Perhaps she made posts on a mccann sceptic facebook page or even liked someone elses comments one one.

This set the supporters searching for a twitter account to compare to her facebook page IMO.  Of course she had her son's dog on her twitter account and also I gather her facebook page so it would be easy to confirm when you had both pages in front of you.

The question is why would the supporters want her information? Oh sorry I know why  they did as they have shown why.

Some people think Brenda deserved to be outed... I would like to see further abusers outed

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1409 on: September 04, 2018, 04:21:12 PM »
Just your opinion.... A bully getting exposed IMO.... The McCann case is newsworthy... Brenda chose to get involved... Her choice... The press was entitled to do what it did... Their choice

The McCann case isn't headline news these days. It isn't heading up a google search on the news page but I agree it is newsworthy.  However is a woman who made 4500 tweets (or so) some about the McCann case newsworthy enough to have a rolling video of her being accosted by Martin Brunt outside her home on Sky News for hours, having screaming headlines from pretty much every other media outlet for days.

Was nothing else happening in the news for those days? It would appear so. All because one lady made 4500 tweets, which probably hardly anyone read, and some about the McCanns.