Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138949 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1440 on: September 04, 2018, 06:23:13 PM »
Have you provided the cite I asked of you this morning

Could you remind me of what it was as I probably went out before you posted it.  Then I will see what I can do for you.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1441 on: September 04, 2018, 06:23:54 PM »
Can you provide a cite that Brenda was ashamed of what she had posted. I am sure she was incredibly upset and embarrassed by the mass media scrum but ashamed? I can't find a quote where she said that.
Why would she be embarrassed if she felt her behaviour was something to be proud of?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1442 on: September 04, 2018, 06:25:26 PM »
Will the Labour members be doorstepped on Sky news with rolling videos showing the doorstepping every hour. Will each one be subject to dozens of news reports naming them and giving their address whilst calling them a trxll?

So far we have a document passed to the police and the police are checking out if a hate crime was made by anyone. That is the way it should be. No names necessary IMO.
If they are named and shamed by the media, and doorstepped then I won’t have any problem with it whatsoever.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1443 on: September 04, 2018, 06:25:40 PM »
And if the media names those responsible for some of the vile behaviour before the police do that will be a problem because...?

Because that’s why we have due process. So people are considered innocent until they are proved to be guilty. Isn’t that what supporters want ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1444 on: September 04, 2018, 06:26:42 PM »
Have you ever given thought as to why if as you opine, the McCann case is no longer headline news twitter users continue to tweet obsessively about them just as Brenda Leyland did?

Probably because the McCanns are still actively suing Goncalo Amaral even though it would appear they have lost. IA lot of sceptics are Amaral supporters so this could well be the reason, that and the fact that there are supporters actively tweeting on the subject and some of them are very abusive IMO.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1445 on: September 04, 2018, 06:30:37 PM »
Probably because the McCanns are still actively suing Goncalo Amaral even though it would appear they have lost. IA lot of sceptics are Amaral supporters so this could well be the reason, that and the fact that there are supporters actively tweeting on the subject and some of them are very abusive IMO.

McCann's actively suing amaral... No they are not... Citr

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1446 on: September 04, 2018, 06:30:49 PM »

I can well imagine some of the Amaral supporters being very abusive.imo
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1447 on: September 04, 2018, 06:31:13 PM »
Could you remind me of what it was as I probably went out before you posted it.  Then I will see what I can do for you.

Look back to this morning

Offline jassi

« Reply #1448 on: September 04, 2018, 06:31:45 PM »
I can well imagine some of the Amaral supporters being very abusive.imo

No need. He won   8(*(
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1449 on: September 04, 2018, 06:32:55 PM »
No need. He won   8(*(

No, Some of the Amaral supporters are very abusive imo.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1450 on: September 04, 2018, 06:35:11 PM »
Because that’s why we have due process. So people are considered innocent until they are proved to be guilty. Isn’t that what supporters want ?

The McCanns have never had the slightest hint of being considered innocent until proven guilty by many, including Brenda.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1451 on: September 04, 2018, 06:36:34 PM »
If you have a named individual spouting hateful drivel on his or her social media pages  and that is picked up by the media, then there is no question of the drivel writer possibly being innocent is there? 

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1452 on: September 04, 2018, 06:37:10 PM »
Why would she be embarrassed if she felt her behaviour was something to be proud of?

You wouldn't want to have your identity all over the media your address and photograph everywhere. To be called a trxll and have your personality dissected by people such as Carole Malone.  Say you were tweeting about justice for the Hillsborough victims prior to their vindication and the media did what they did to Brenda.

Wouldn't you be embarrassed even though you may have believed what you were doing was right?

I don't agree with Brenda's tweets but I think what happened to her was very wrong.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1453 on: September 04, 2018, 06:39:08 PM »
McCann's actively suing amaral... No they are not... Citr

OK they are not actively suing as they lost. But you yourself provide the cite that they are attempting to take it to the ECHR so they are still visiting court regarding Amaral IMO

Offline jassi

« Reply #1454 on: September 04, 2018, 06:42:55 PM »
OK they are not actively suing as they lost. But you yourself provide the cite that they are attempting to take it to the ECHR so they are still visiting court regarding Amaral IMO

Technically, they've submitted an application to the Court. No personal appearances allowed.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future