Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138952 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1545 on: September 05, 2018, 07:20:51 AM »
Sorry, but from personal experience that is utter nonsense.   *&^^&

I agree. My brother is a teacher and he regularly complains that the school will not take a strong line on mobile phones in school.  Seems that headteachers and principals are more afraid of the parents these days to do very much.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1546 on: September 05, 2018, 07:23:33 AM »
Are there any here who are prone to suicidal tendencies?

I think that is a heartless question to ask Rob.

I also am intrigued that yourself and none of the supporters who have replied to my previous post have mentioned the final part of my quote by Claire Hardacre

Ultimately, individuals who troll or become obsessed with conspiracy theories can be driven by many factors – boredom, loneliness, a need for validation – and we cannot discount the possibility of mental health problems. At times, their behaviour may border on loathsome, but a news team with a high-profile journalist at the helm is not the way to bring about justice.

Claire Hardacre agreed with me that "a news team with a high-profile journalist at the helm is not the way to bring about justice". Do you and others think it was the right way?

Brietta, whether or not Brenda had suicidal tendencies was almost certainly unknown to Brunt, the rest of the media that piled in to call her a trxll and also those who created the dossier. 

The result of the dossier and Martin Brunt (and the daily Mail story), led to a witch hunt on a massive scale that I cant remember seeing before and all because one woman made some tweets.  I do not deny they were abusive and deeply unpleasant but I believe that murders appear to get less media coverage than Brenda did.

I suppose all supporters are following Gerry McCanns' stance

“I’m glad to see the law around this area is being reviewed, but I do think we need to make examples of people who are causing damage.”

Personally I wish that Martin Brunt had found someone to make and "example of" one of who had posted the alleged threats to the family rather than a woman in her 60s who lived alone who did not.

Martin Brunt of course claims to be devastated by Brenda's death but it seems the supporters by and large on here were not (one in particular).

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1547 on: September 05, 2018, 07:23:59 AM »

exactly the mcanns  dont even probably  care

The dossier compilers have a case to answer imo and should be held to account.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1548 on: September 05, 2018, 07:24:59 AM »
Spot on for once.  Brenda needed help, not public exposure on national TV.  It was the police's job to have had a word with her in the circumstances and not that of some would-be do-gooder dossier compilers or Sky News.  It was a disgrace that someone with recognised mental health issues was treated in such a despicable manner.  Some supporters appear to be ignorant of the fact that people with mental health problems do not think or act rationally. Brenda did not have a choice in what she did due to her illness, she deserved help and compassion and all she got then and even now is abuse by some who should really hang their heads in shame. Those who drove her to her death must be exposed imo.

No one knew brenda had, mental health issues, apart from her family.... They are, the ones, who should have helped her....brenda was free to abuse... Sky was, free to name and shame her....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1549 on: September 05, 2018, 07:25:58 AM »
The dossier compilers have a case to answer imo and should be held to account.

Account for what... What laws, have they broken

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1550 on: September 05, 2018, 07:26:47 AM »
I think that is a heartless question to ask Rob.

I also am intrigued that yourself and none of the supporters who have replied to my previous post have mentioned the final part of my quote by Claire Hardacre

Ultimately, individuals who troll or become obsessed with conspiracy theories can be driven by many factors – boredom, loneliness, a need for validation – and we cannot discount the possibility of mental health problems. At times, their behaviour may border on loathsome, but a news team with a high-profile journalist at the helm is not the way to bring about justice.

Claire Hardacre agreed with me that "a news team with a high-profile journalist at the helm is not the way to bring about justice". Do you and others think it was the right way?

Brietta, whether or not Brenda had suicidal tendencies was almost certainly unknown to Brunt, the rest of the media that piled in to call her a trxll and also those who created the dossier. 

The result of the dossier and Martin Brunt (and the daily Mail story), led to a witch hunt on a massive scale that I cant remember seeing before and all because one woman made some tweets.  I do not deny they were abusive and deeply unpleasant but I believe that murders appear to get less media coverage than Brenda did.

I suppose all supporters are following Gerry McCanns' stance

“I’m glad to see the law around this area is being reviewed, but I do think we need to make examples of people who are causing damage.”

Personally I wish that Martin Brunt had found someone to make and "example of" one of who had posted the alleged threats to the family rather than a woman in her 60s who lived alone who did not.

Martin Brunt of course claims to be devastated by Brenda's death but it seems the supporters by and large on here were not (one in particular).

Says more about them in reality imo.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1551 on: September 05, 2018, 07:27:59 AM »
Account for what... What laws, have they broken

They deserve the same fate as BL who also broke no laws.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1552 on: September 05, 2018, 07:28:22 AM »
I agree. My brother is a teacher and he regularly complains that the school will not take a strong line on mobile phones in school.  Seems that headteachers and principals are more afraid of the parents these days to do very much.

I suppose it depends on the quality of leadership given by the head teacher, the local authority guidance and the ethos of the school.
Fortunately here there are many schools which strive to enforce good anti bullying practices.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1553 on: September 05, 2018, 07:29:24 AM »
No one knew brenda had, mental health issues, apart from her family.... They are, the ones, who should have helped her....brenda was free to abuse... Sky was, free to name and shame her....

Brunt knew so get your facts right.  Yet despite knowing, he and Sky News still went ahead and aired her doorstepping, what a despicable bunch of morons they are.  Abuse on twitter is taken as the norm these days but nobody need read any of it if they don't want to.  The #McCann tag is used on twitter to get noticed in that group, it has no other significance.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 07:37:19 AM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1554 on: September 05, 2018, 07:37:57 AM »
Brunt knew so get your facts right.  Yet despite knowing, he and Sky News still went ahead and aired her doorstepping, what a despicable bunch of morons they are.  Abuse on twitter is taken as the norm these days but nobody need read any of it if they don't want to.  The #McCann tag is used on twitter to get noticed in that group, it has no other significance.

the morons are those posting abuse all day long

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1555 on: September 05, 2018, 07:38:42 AM »
Brunt knew so get your facts right.  Yet despite knowing, he and Sky News still went ahead and aired her doorstepping, what a despicable bunch of morons they are.
Look that is why I asked that "heartless question" for then we would know and could temper our responses accordingly.  I must have missed just how Martin Brunt would have known about Brenda's suicidal tendencies.
"Brunt knew so get your facts right" How did he know?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1556 on: September 05, 2018, 07:40:01 AM »
Brunt knew so get your facts right.  Yet despite knowing, he and Sky News still went ahead and aired her doorstepping, what a despicable bunch of morons they are.

I put on the supporters thread that all supporters appear to agree with everything a supporter does. Brenda's case is a good point. None here will say they were part of the dossier gang yet every one agrees with the media onslaught that Brenda faced.

I am sure if he were asked, that Martin Brunt would not do his doorstepping of Brenda but all supporters on here are glad he did it appears regardless of the consequences.

And yet they claim that sceptics are heartless.

Davel your last post is a good example of the above.

So they deserve  the, death penalty... Lol...why dont you statrt a petition...death penalty for dossier compiling...just to show what a rational person you are

You are treating Brenda's death as a joke.   I doubt others agree with you.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1557 on: September 05, 2018, 07:42:06 AM »
Look that is why I asked that "heartless question" for then we would know and could temper our responses accordingly.  I must have missed just how Martin Brunt would have known about Brenda's suicidal tendencies.
"Brunt knew so get your facts right" How did he know?

She told him.  Did you miss the evidence he gave to the coroner?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1558 on: September 05, 2018, 07:43:27 AM »
She told him.  Did you miss the evidence he gave to the coroner?

she did not tell him anything until after the doorstepping...even then he did not realise she was serious...whats the point in an discussion forum if you are going to remove posdts just to make your own point

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1559 on: September 05, 2018, 07:46:10 AM »
brenda was free to abuse...the dossier compilers were free to go to the press