Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138954 times)

Offline Lace

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1605 on: September 05, 2018, 12:35:29 PM »
It’s surprising that you are asking me to consider what you have coped with in your life when you give no thought to what Brenda had had to cope with.

So from your answer above can I take it that you think Brunt was wrong to air the footage when he knew Brenda was suicidal ?

Brunt didn't know Brenda was suicidal and he didn't air the footage,  get your facts right.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1606 on: September 05, 2018, 12:41:22 PM »
Brunt may have been told but it didn't resonate.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1607 on: September 05, 2018, 01:14:23 PM »
And (from the coroners inquest)

He said that the intention was to contact others [mentioned] in the dossier. 

Snipped from my earlier post with Martin Brunt's evidence to the coroner.  Brunt had originally intended to contact others mentioned in the dossier.

If he was so convinced that what he had done to Brenda Leyland was correct, why did he not do this?

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1608 on: September 05, 2018, 01:20:17 PM »
Snipped from my earlier post with Martin Brunt's evidence to the coroner.  Brunt had originally intended to contact others mentioned in the dossier.

If he was so convinced that what he had done to Brenda Leyland was correct, why did he not do this?

IMO.... Because of the death of brenda... Showing a bit of restraint... Perhaps her fellow abusers showed restraint to and stopped the abuse
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 01:39:13 PM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1609 on: September 05, 2018, 01:56:26 PM »
IMO.... Because of the death of brenda... Showing a bit of restraint... Perhaps her fellow abusers showed restraint to and stopped the abuse

I expect there are those who think they should have carried on regardless.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1610 on: September 05, 2018, 01:59:05 PM »
I expect there are those who think they should have carried on regardless.

May well be...abuse such as brenda was part of needs to be stopped... Although you seem to disagree
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 05:28:29 PM by John »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1611 on: September 05, 2018, 02:43:28 PM »

And there is a moral hole in anyone who hounds and posts hate against the family of a missing child.
And in my opinion that was what Brenda joined in with.

As I have said previously, she couldn’t hound as they were not on twitter and the only evidence of “hate” was in response to another unknown tweet.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1612 on: September 05, 2018, 03:01:24 PM »
As I have said previously, she couldn’t hound as they were not on twitter and the only evidence of “hate” was in response to another unknown tweet.
She was abusive towards the McCanns... Over and over again.. Most of her posts, are no longer available

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1613 on: September 05, 2018, 03:33:54 PM »
She was abusive towards the McCanns... Over and over again.. Most of her posts, are no longer available

It doesn’t appear so. Are you suggesting the dossier compilers didn’t have the worst tweets?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1614 on: September 05, 2018, 03:46:27 PM »
It doesn’t appear so. Are you suggesting the dossier compilers didn’t have the worst tweets?

I was under the impression I had shared all of Brenda's tweets earlier this thread. Perhaps Davel knows different  and provide a cite for this.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1615 on: September 05, 2018, 04:13:37 PM »
Statement by the coroner... Who knows more, about the case than anyone here..

Recording a verdict of suicide, Mason said she did not think that anyone could have known that Leyland had made a decision to take her own life.

All very poor excuses. She had confided in Brunt that she was extremely upset and had thought about ending it all yet Sky still went ahead and aired the footage.  For me that was an extremely callous thing to do.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1616 on: September 05, 2018, 04:16:59 PM »
Brunt didn't know Brenda was suicidal and he didn't air the footage,  get your facts right.

BL told him she had thought about ending it all.  I don't know what you call that in your part of the world but here we call it attempting suicide.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1617 on: September 05, 2018, 04:18:44 PM »

Sky News binned the entire thing and Brunt disappeared for weeks which sort of speaks volumes imo.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1618 on: September 05, 2018, 04:20:55 PM »

She had no contact with the McCanns which renders your claim baseless.  The dossier compilers know they did wrong and have been lucky so far to cloak their true identities because as sure as there is a night and day, this will come back to bite them imo.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 04:23:15 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1619 on: September 05, 2018, 04:21:12 PM »
Before I provide the cite... Are you really not aware of it... If you are not I will be glad to provide it

Off you go.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?