Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138012 times)

Offline John

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1635 on: September 05, 2018, 05:38:42 PM »
So lthough you think what the dossier compilers and sky did was reprehensible, you want them to receive the same treatment as Brenda.  And what if Brunt or a dossier compiler killed themselves, would that be justified as suitable retribution in your view?

Two wrongs don't make a right as the saying goes.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1636 on: September 05, 2018, 05:44:56 PM »
But that is at the core of this debate.

And it is a very simple question. I myself can categorically say that no matter what the person had done if I thought by my actions that they may take their own life I would not take those actions.
We know Kate McCann has contemplated suicide in the past and has had a fragile mental state.   She was understandably caused anguish by a best sellng book claiming her and her husband probably sedated their child, hid her body and transported it for re-hiding/burial 23 days later.  Did Amaral consider whether or not his book might have driven Kate McCann to suicide before publication?  Did he have any reason to know for certain it would not? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1637 on: September 05, 2018, 05:49:44 PM »
Brunt knew Brenda was having suicidal thoughts yet still chose to air the doorstepping footage. Do you condemn him for making such a heartless decision ? If you don’t you don’t care and it is your attitude which should be scrutinised not the poster who highlighted it.
Why not commend him for his honesty?  He could have omitted this detail from his testimony but he chose to reveal it, showing that he is a man of integrity and conscience.  Martin Brunt is not, as far as I know, the final arbiter of what is and what is not shown on Sky News.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1638 on: September 05, 2018, 05:51:23 PM »
Two wrongs don't make a right as the saying goes.
Try tellng that to Angelo who appears to have an Old Testament approach to justice.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1639 on: September 05, 2018, 06:01:46 PM »
Was this the finding of the inquest?

It was beyond the inquest’s scope.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1640 on: September 05, 2018, 06:06:53 PM »
It was beyond the inquest’s scope.
Surely being “denied due process” is a matter that should be investigated by the relevant authorities?  Why weren’t they?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1641 on: September 05, 2018, 06:08:07 PM »
We know Kate McCann has contemplated suicide in the past and has had a fragile mental state.   She was understandably caused anguish by a best sellng book claiming her and her husband probably sedated their child, hid her body and transported it for re-hiding/burial 23 days later.  Did Amaral consider whether or not his book might have driven Kate McCann to suicide before publication?  Did he have any reason to know for certain it would not?

Amaral obviously  didn't care about how much anguish he caused the McCanns.  Neither did Brenda

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1642 on: September 05, 2018, 06:10:14 PM »
Surely being “denied due process” is a matter that should be investigated by the relevant authorities?  Why weren’t they?

In life Brenda was indeed denied due process due to Sky and the dossier compilers taking the law into their own hands. After her death of course she was found to have committed not criminal offence.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1643 on: September 05, 2018, 06:15:25 PM »
She seems to have a pretty good handle on WUM spotting.

I don't think she has, a handle on anything.... It gives me some satisfaction how wrong she can which gives a guide to the accuracy of her other conclusions

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1644 on: September 05, 2018, 06:18:11 PM »
Why not commend him for his honesty?  He could have omitted this detail from his testimony but he chose to reveal it, showing that he is a man of integrity and conscience.  Martin Brunt is not, as far as I know, the final arbiter of what is and what is not shown on Sky News.

His honesty ? That’s like commending a murderer for confessing.

Did he say he had told Sky about Brenda’s suicide comment ?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1645 on: September 05, 2018, 06:19:06 PM »

He never showed the slightest concern for Madeleine and her family.
I doubt he ever considered Kate's fragile state.
This opinion is based on my judgement of his words and actions.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1646 on: September 05, 2018, 06:21:39 PM »
In life Brenda was indeed denied due process due to Sky and the dossier compilers taking the law into their own hands. After her death of course she was found to have committed not criminal offence.
neither did Brunt or sky

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1647 on: September 05, 2018, 06:31:02 PM »

He never showed the slightest concern for Madeleine and her family.
I doubt he ever considered Kate's fragile state.
This opinion is based on my judgement of his words and actions.

Sorry I thought you were talking about Brunt. Everyone seems to forget his 100% DNA claim.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1648 on: September 05, 2018, 06:33:32 PM »
Sorry I thought you were talking about Brunt. Everyone seems to forget his 100% DNA claim.

It wasn't his claim

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1649 on: September 05, 2018, 06:34:06 PM »
Amaral obviously  didn't care about how much anguish he caused the McCanns.  Neither did Brenda

Amaral and Brenda were certainly not the only people who had no care about how much anguish they added to he McCanns.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.