Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137999 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1680 on: September 05, 2018, 07:23:49 PM »
Don't put words into my mouth Vertigo Swirl. Who on earth would appear on Big Brother without wanting to be "famous".   It's what the whole programme is about for contestants IMO.
Famous, but not infamous, for being a racist.

“Emily also told of the guilt she is now suffering over the impact that her ejection has had on her family. “My whole family’s a mess. They don’t deserve this – any of them. My sisters are doing their A levels. Examiners have been walking them to their cars after their exams. They’re much less prepared for this stuff than me.”

She went on: “I haven’t had any sleep. The whole family is stressed. My mother smoked the other day. I haven’t seen her do that for 20-odd years. I was taken to the psychiatrist and broke down in tears constantly – pretty much non-stop for the first two days. First it was shock and devastation – second was because I’d let my family down.”
Read more at https://www.whatsontv.co.uk/big-brother/big-brother-emily-parr-speaks-216973/#0KSI4YeoCGUhiGuL.99
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1681 on: September 05, 2018, 07:24:34 PM »
It isn't some here.. It's her son who thought it was the final straw... And I think hes more informed than you are

No one can know what was in her mind at the time but I imagine having her entire life and character destroyed by the media onslaught would have been a considerable part of the reason she decided to end her life.

Of course you can carry on trying to make out it made no difference if you wish.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1682 on: September 05, 2018, 07:25:12 PM »
Rob were you involved in the case when Martin Brunt doorstepped Brenda? It was huge in the media and was why I became interested in the case.

I am sure that the fact it was her estranged son's birthday and the outing together proved too much for her and I am not surprised.  Without Brunt and his and others escapade then Brenda would still be here I am sure.

Some though IMO seem to be glad as at least she isn't tweeting.
But what did her therapist think?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1683 on: September 05, 2018, 07:27:07 PM »
Famous, but not infamous, for being a racist.

“Emily also told of the guilt she is now suffering over the impact that her ejection has had on her family. “My whole family’s a mess. They don’t deserve this – any of them. My sisters are doing their A levels. Examiners have been walking them to their cars after their exams. They’re much less prepared for this stuff than me.”

She went on: “I haven’t had any sleep. The whole family is stressed. My mother smoked the other day. I haven’t seen her do that for 20-odd years. I was taken to the psychiatrist and broke down in tears constantly – pretty much non-stop for the first two days. First it was shock and devastation – second was because I’d let my family down.”
Read more at https://www.whatsontv.co.uk/big-brother/big-brother-emily-parr-speaks-216973/#0KSI4YeoCGUhiGuL.99
Emily Parr courted fame. She made a mistake on national television and was ejected from the show. I don't know the details by the way as I don't watch Big Brother but she was expecting to be in the media just not in the way it ended up.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1684 on: September 05, 2018, 07:27:20 PM »
Anyone who believes Brenda is the only person who has ever been named and shamed by the media should read “So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed” by Jon Ronson, it’s a salutary tale that we should all take heed of.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1685 on: September 05, 2018, 07:28:33 PM »
No one can know what was in her mind at the time but I imagine having her entire life and character destroyed by the media onslaught would have been a considerable part of the reason she decided to end her life.

Of course you can carry on trying to make out it made no difference if you wish.

Her son said it was the final straw.. Which indicates, something quite minor

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1686 on: September 05, 2018, 07:30:45 PM »

This is just a personal observation.
Much as I would dislike having my face and character being "destroyed"on the media, the thought of being estranged from my eldest much loved son  for years would utterly "destroy "me.

Perhaps this is the reason she had attempted suicide before.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1687 on: September 05, 2018, 07:40:39 PM »
Her son said it was the final straw.. Which indicates, something quite minor

From Brunt at the inquest

Mr Brunt, a respected veteran journalist, said he ended the conversation by telling her: "I hope I have not ruined your day".

She replied: "I don't know yet if you have ruined my day or my life."

And

Mr Brunt said he spoke to her again on the phone before his report was broadcast and she told him she had "thought about ending it all".

"It was a throw-away remark," he said. "She said she was feeling better. I had no idea about her mental background or history."

I can't believe he though her saying she may kill herself was a "throw-away remark".

Hopefully Davel the above will show that it wasn't a minor thing to Brenda as any sensible person would know IMO.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1688 on: September 05, 2018, 07:43:59 PM »

Mr Brunt, a respected veteran journalist, said he ended the conversation by telling her: "I hope I have not ruined your day".

And

Mr Brunt said he spoke to her again on the phone before his report was broadcast and she told him she had "thought about ending it all".

"It was a throw-away remark," he said. "She said she was feeling better. I had no idea about her mental background or history."

I can't believe he though her saying she may kill herself was a "throw-away remark".

Hopefully Davel the above will show that it wasn't a minor thing to Brenda as any sensible person would know IMO.

According to her, son there was a lot more going on in her life... He knows more than you

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1689 on: September 05, 2018, 07:44:53 PM »

And

Did she seek professional help at that time?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1690 on: September 05, 2018, 07:45:26 PM »
Ben Leyland

He said his mother was “completely destroyed” by what had occurred.”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1691 on: September 05, 2018, 07:47:21 PM »
Ben Leyland

Have you ever heard those words before Re this case... Have a think... It puts them into perspective
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 07:50:21 PM by Davel »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1692 on: September 05, 2018, 07:48:21 PM »
Did she seek professional help at that time?

Psychiatric help would have been needed in addition to legal help at that time. To stop the media circus that destroyed her according to her son IMO.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1693 on: September 05, 2018, 07:51:19 PM »
Psychiatric help would have been needed in addition to legal help at that time. To stop the media circus that destroyed her according to her son IMO.

According to her son it was not the media circus which destroyed her

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1694 on: September 05, 2018, 07:54:39 PM »
Ben Leyland

It's quite odd that brenda is copying kates words in relation to amaral... How obsessed was she

She did not find that because of statements in the book, documentary and a newspaper interview Kate and Gerry had been “completely destroyed
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 07:57:04 PM by Davel »