Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137990 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1725 on: September 06, 2018, 09:01:34 AM »
Interesting point to ponder.

From memory, Richard Bilton came in for a lot of criticism, on here, for his 10th anniversary piece re Madeleine, particularly re 2 doorstep interviews, Vitor dos Santos and Paulo Ribeiro.  The latter, in particular, was clearly not mentally fit for an inquisatorial intervew.  The former was doorstepped at his place of work.

Should the BBC have considered the mental health of Paulo Ribeiro?
Yet not a word from sceptics here

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1726 on: September 06, 2018, 09:04:27 AM »

Did Sonia Poulton consider the mental health of Kate McCann?

Sorry if this is Off Topic, but it does seem to be about Door Stepping.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1727 on: September 06, 2018, 09:08:59 AM »
Why were there no prosecutions following Brenda’s death then?

Why would there be prosecutions ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1728 on: September 06, 2018, 09:10:21 AM »

No I’m sure she didn’t and her doorstepping of Kate was absolutely deplorable too.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1729 on: September 06, 2018, 09:11:40 AM »

I made this point before on this thread, it was ignored.

“We know Kate McCann has contemplated suicide in the past and has had a fragile mental state.   She was understandably caused anguish by a best sellng book claiming her and her husband probably sedated their child, hid her body and transported it for re-hiding/burial 23 days later.  Did Amaral consider whether or not his book might have driven Kate McCann to suicide before publication?  Did he have any reason to know for certain it would not? “

All those expressing outrage that Brenda’s mental state was not considered might like to  ask themselves what happened to their outrage when it was Kate McCann and her mental state being put through the media wringer?  I suspect all the while Kate was being pilloried bu the press many of these bleeding hearts were only adding to the online bile being heaped on the woman.  Am I wrong?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1730 on: September 06, 2018, 09:12:50 AM »
Why would there be prosecutions ?
You tell me, you’re the one claiming Brenda was done an injustice.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1731 on: September 06, 2018, 09:12:54 AM »

“We know Kate McCann has contemplated suicide in the past and has had a fragile mental state.   She was understandably caused anguish by a best sellng book claiming her and her husband probably sedated their child, hid her body and transported it for re-hiding/burial 23 days later.  Did Amaral consider whether or not his book might have driven Kate McCann to suicide before publication?  Did he have any reason to know for certain it would not? “

All those expressing outrage that Brenda’s mental state was not considered might like to  ask themselves what happened to their outrage when it was Kate McCann and her mental state being put through the media wringer?  I suspect all the while Kate was being pilloried bu the press many of these bleeding hearts were only adding to the online bile being heaped on the woman.  Am I wrong?

No.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1732 on: September 06, 2018, 09:15:06 AM »
No I’m sure she didn’t and her doorstepping of Kate was absolutely deplorable too.
You will of course be boycotting Sonia’s latest video effort then?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1733 on: September 06, 2018, 09:16:31 AM »

Go on, I will bite, cite for Kate’s mental state.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1734 on: September 06, 2018, 09:16:46 AM »

Had Kate contemplated suicide ? It’s funny but in the Lisbon trial she seemed to deny such a deep depression.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1735 on: September 06, 2018, 09:17:47 AM »
You tell me, you’re the one claiming Brenda was done an injustice.

I said she was denied due process which is patently true.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1736 on: September 06, 2018, 09:18:16 AM »
Go on, I will bite, cite for Kate’s mental state.
Read her book.  Look at the pictures.  Read the interviews at the time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1737 on: September 06, 2018, 09:20:12 AM »
Read her book.  Look at the pictures.  Read the interviews at the time.

Read her testimony at the Lisbon hearings.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1738 on: September 06, 2018, 09:24:37 AM »
Had Kate contemplated suicide ? It’s funny but in the Lisbon trial she seemed to deny such a deep depression.
Whether or not she was actually close to suicide is immaterial.  No one apart from the individual would know that for sure one way or the other, yet one could use empathy and imagine the mental state of a woman who’s child had gone missing couldn’t one, and therefore moderate one’s behaviour taking this into account?  Did the media?  Did Amaral?  I very much doubt it, yet this is what you Brenda supporters appear to want - the media considering the mental state of eveyone whose alleged misdemeanours they report on.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1739 on: September 06, 2018, 09:25:37 AM »
I said she was denied due process which is patently true.
Being denied due process is legally permitted then?