Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137994 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1740 on: September 06, 2018, 09:26:45 AM »
Yet not a word from sceptics here

Is Faithlilly a sceptic in your opinion?

snip/

Bilton haranguing an obviously mentally disabled man or rudely questioning a gentleman, who was never even an arguido, at his place of work?

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8131.msg403455#msg403455
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1741 on: September 06, 2018, 09:31:42 AM »
Is Faithlilly a sceptic in your opinion?

snip/

Bilton haranguing an obviously mentally disabled man or rudely questioning a gentleman, who was never even an arguido, at his place of work?

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8131.msg403455#msg403455
Good stuff IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1742 on: September 06, 2018, 09:31:58 AM »
Read her testimony at the Lisbon hearings.
I have.  I have also read her book and various interviews on the subject of how she felt, both at the time Madeleine went missing and subsequently, and her feelings about Amaral’s book.  They paint a picture of a distraught, devastated, at times emotionally fragile woman, who had considered swimming out to sea, never to return.   Admittedly she is clearly made of stronger stuff than many, and that is why she is still here today.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1743 on: September 06, 2018, 09:41:31 AM »
Being denied due process is legally permitted then?

Unless someone wants to sue privately it would appear so.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1744 on: September 06, 2018, 09:44:23 AM »
Unless someone wants to sue privately it would appear so.
So obviously those nearest and dearest to Brenda were content to let it lie, unlike Brenda’s Barmy Army who keep going on and on about it, forever it would seem.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1745 on: September 06, 2018, 09:47:15 AM »
I have.  I have also read her book and various interviews on the subject of how she felt, both at the time Madeleine went missing and subsequently, and her feelings about Amaral’s book.  They paint a picture of a distraught, devastated, at times emotionally fragile woman, who had considered swimming out to sea, never to return.   Admittedly she is clearly made of stronger stuff than many, and that is why she is still here today.

So no mention of suicide? And in her Lisbon testimony she specifically says she was not depressed, a prerequisite I would have thought for suicidal thoughts ?

It is interesting though that you seem to believe that suicide is only for the weak.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1746 on: September 06, 2018, 09:48:43 AM »
So obviously those nearest and dearest to Brenda were content to let it lie, unlike Brenda’s Barmy Army who keep going on and on about it, forever it would seem.

It would appear her family have taken the issue no further, yes. That doesn’t change my point.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1747 on: September 06, 2018, 09:49:04 AM »
So no mention of suicide? And in her Lisbon testimony she specifically says she was not depressed, a prerequisite I would have thought for suicidal thoughts ?

It is interesting though that you seem to believe that suicide is only for the weak.
No mention of suicide?  What is swimming in the sea and never returning then?  Moving to another country?  I didn’t say suicide is only for the weak, you are putting words in my mouth.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1748 on: September 06, 2018, 09:51:41 AM »
It would appear her family have taken the issue no further, yes. That doesn’t change my point.
Why can’t you respect the family’s wishes and dial down the noise on their nearest and dearest’s death?  Is there any evidence that they want people like you to keep banging on about it?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1749 on: September 06, 2018, 09:53:35 AM »
No mention of suicide?  What is swimming in the sea and never returning then?  Moving to another country?  I didn’t say suicide is only for the weak, you are putting words in my mouth.

It’s like saying I want to start running and never stop. It doesn’t allude to suicide. Now do you have a proper cite or will we let Kate’s testimony at Lisbon stand ?

You said Kate never attempted suicide because she was made of sterner stuff. Isn’t that suggesting people who do attempt suicide are weak ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1750 on: September 06, 2018, 09:55:04 AM »
Why can’t you respect the family’s wishes and dial down the noise on their nearest and dearest’s death?  Is there any evidence that they want people like you to keep banging on about it?

Why don’t you admit that their nearest and dearest wouldn’t be dead if it wasn’t for individuals with no thought for their nearest and dearest ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1751 on: September 06, 2018, 10:01:35 AM »
Had Kate contemplated suicide ? It’s funny but in the Lisbon trial she seemed to deny such a deep depression.

Kate had said she felt like ending it all... At one stage... Obviously many people, say this but they are not... And it is not taken seriously.... As Brenda did

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1752 on: September 06, 2018, 10:05:35 AM »
It’s like saying I want to start running and never stop. It doesn’t allude to suicide. Now do you have a proper cite or will we let Kate’s testimony at Lisbon stand ?

You said Kate never attempted suicide because she was made of sterner stuff. Isn’t that suggesting people who do attempt suicide are weak ?
Do people in a happy place write of jumping in the ocean and swimming out to sea?  What sort of mental state does that suggest to you?  If someone said that to you in a private moment, would you then do a TV broadcast about the fact that in your opinion they neglected their children, or worse? 

People with fragile mental states sometimes commit suicide.  Sometimes people commit suicide out of fear, desperation, illness or honour, they may not have fragile mental states.  It’s not a simple - “people who attempt suicide are weak”, understand? 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1753 on: September 06, 2018, 10:08:20 AM »
Why don’t you admit that their nearest and dearest wouldn’t be dead if it wasn’t for individuals with no thought for their nearest and dearest ?
It’s an overly simplistic argument you are presenting and one which I do not agree with.  You are suggesting that Brunt and the dossier compilers caused Brenda’s death.  If that was the case they would have been prosecuted.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1754 on: September 06, 2018, 10:13:43 AM »
Kate had said she felt like ending it all... At one stage... Obviously many people, say this but they are not... And it is not taken seriously.... As Brenda did
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/kate-mccann-contemplated-suicide-after-detectives-book-on-madeleines-disappearance-8829175.html