Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137992 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1770 on: September 06, 2018, 10:48:36 AM »
Sorry but  @)(++(*
I thought you’d enjoy that.  Now tell me only clinically depressed people commit suicide again.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1771 on: September 06, 2018, 10:57:51 AM »
headline..

Kate McCann 'contemplated suicide' after detective's book on Madeleine's disappearance

so if kate had committed suicide would sceptics accept that it was amarals book that caused it or would they say it was other factors in her life...what did the Judge say

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1772 on: September 06, 2018, 10:58:54 AM »
So when she spoke to Brunt she was feeling better, and over her thoughts of ending it all.  But we now know this wasn’t true, was Brunt supposed to guess she was not telling the truth?

Brunt is an educated professional. Even suggesting she had contemplated suicide should have rung huge alarm bells. You don’t get over feeling suicidal with a few drinks.

I wonder if he told anyone at Sky of this conversation with Brenda. I’m guessing not. Too good a scoop I suppose.

It’s telling they never attempted to doorstep anyone else in the dossier ( cue grinding of false teeth ).
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1773 on: September 06, 2018, 10:59:32 AM »
I thought you’d enjoy that.  Now tell me only clinically depressed people commit suicide again.

Were Romeo and Juliet real ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1774 on: September 06, 2018, 11:03:10 AM »
headline..

Kate McCann 'contemplated suicide' after detective's book on Madeleine's disappearance

so if kate had committed suicide would sceptics accept that it was amarals book that caused it or would they say it was other factors in her life...what did the Judge say

But she didn’t.

If she had said to Amaral ‘I have become suicidal at the thought that you might publish a book accusing me of a heinous crime’ and when the book was published she did, whose fault do you think that would be ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1775 on: September 06, 2018, 11:04:40 AM »
But she didn’t.

If she had said to Amaral ‘I have become suicidal at the thought that you might publish a book accusing me of a heinous crime’ and when the book was published she did, whose fault do you think that would be ?

I understand you cant answer the question...it would destroy your argument..

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1776 on: September 06, 2018, 11:10:45 AM »
I understand you cant answer the question...it would destroy your argument..

I would question whether her loss of reputation really had meant more to her than the loss of her child.

Martin Brunt was told Brenda, due to his doorstepping, had contemplated suicide. None of friends or family at the inquest suggested she had talked about suicide before her doorstepping. Even you can join the dots.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1777 on: September 06, 2018, 11:11:02 AM »
But she didn’t.

i asked thefirst question...now my second..
if she had said taht ...do you think amaral would still have published his book

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1778 on: September 06, 2018, 11:11:32 AM »
I would question whether her loss of reputation really had meant more to her than the loss of her child.

Martin Brunt was told Brenda, due to his doorstepping, had contemplated suicide. None of friends or family at the inquest suggested she had talked about suicide before her doorstepping. Even you can join the dots.

still no answer

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1779 on: September 06, 2018, 11:14:02 AM »
i asked thefirst question...now my second..
if she had said taht ...do you think amaral would still have published his book

I think he would have and would have had to live with the fact that he may have contributed to her suicide.

Now you.

If Kate had said to Amaral ‘I have become suicidal at the thought that you might publish a book accusing me of a heinous crime’ and when the book was published she did, whose fault do you think that would be ?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 11:19:03 AM by Faithlilly »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1780 on: September 06, 2018, 11:17:23 AM »

I would question whether Brenda's  loss of reputation meant more to her than having lost  the company and pleasure  and love of having her eldest child in her life.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1781 on: September 06, 2018, 11:18:31 AM »
Were Romeo and Juliet real ?
No, but their story has been repeated in real life many times.  Now, tell me again that only the clinically depressed commit suicide.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1782 on: September 06, 2018, 11:19:20 AM »
I think he would have and would have had to live with the fact that he may have contributed to her suicide.

should he go ahead

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1783 on: September 06, 2018, 11:21:07 AM »
No, but their story has been repeated in real life many times.  Now, tell me again that only the clinically depressed commit suicide.

Then why not bring the real life cases here rather than a fictional one ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1784 on: September 06, 2018, 11:21:47 AM »
should he go ahead

I see you’re avoiding my question.