Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138951 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1815 on: September 06, 2018, 07:55:34 PM »
The devastated mother of missing Madeleine McCann considered suicide and told her psychologist of 'dark thoughts' after a Portuguese detective published a book alleging she faked her daughter's disappearance, a libel trial has heard.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/kate-mccann-contemplated-suicide-after-detectives-book-on-madeleines-disappearance-8829175.html

The psychologist who was supposed to have enough of an insight into her state of mind to testify said...

"I deduced it was an indication of how she felt rather than something she ever intended to do."
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1816 on: September 06, 2018, 07:56:14 PM »
No you haven’t. Kate’s book isn’t a cite, page and quote may be.
But this is a cite ... sorry, no page number.

Snip
In a new book to mark the fourth anniversary of her daughter's disappearance, Mrs McCann recalls running outside, screaming: "Madeleine's gone! Someone's taken her!"

Later, she sank into fits and anguish and depression that eventually threatened to destroy her relationship with her husband, Gerry.

She writes: "I had an overwhelming urge to swim out across the ocean, as hard and as fast as I could; to swim and swim and swim until I was so far out and so exhausted I could just allow the water to pull me under and relieve me of this torment.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/8500990/Kate-McCann-felt-like-committing-suicide-after-Madeleines-disappearance.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1818 on: September 06, 2018, 08:00:33 PM »
The psychologist who was supposed to have enough of an insight into her state of mind to testify said...
"I deduced it was an indication of how she felt rather than something she ever intended to do."
Just as Martin Brunt deduced regarding Brenda Leyland?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1819 on: September 06, 2018, 08:00:36 PM »
But this is a cite ... sorry, no page number.

Snip
In a new book to mark the fourth anniversary of her daughter's disappearance, Mrs McCann recalls running outside, screaming: "Madeleine's gone! Someone's taken her!"

Later, she sank into fits and anguish and depression that eventually threatened to destroy her relationship with her husband, Gerry.

She writes: "I had an overwhelming urge to swim out across the ocean, as hard and as fast as I could; to swim and swim and swim until I was so far out and so exhausted I could just allow the water to pull me under and relieve me of this torment.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/8500990/Kate-McCann-felt-like-committing-suicide-after-Madeleines-disappearance.html

I fail to understand why anyone can doubt the obvious desperation of a mother whose child had been taken, imo, and how she had thoughts of suicide.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1820 on: September 06, 2018, 08:00:54 PM »
The psychologist who was supposed to have enough of an insight into her state of mind to testify said "I deduced it was an indication of how she felt rather than something she ever intended to do."

Just in case you missed it.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1821 on: September 06, 2018, 08:01:40 PM »
Just as Martin Brunt deduced regarding Brenda Leyland?

I didn’t know Martin Brunt was a psychologist?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1822 on: September 06, 2018, 08:06:57 PM »
Which post was that?
#1755.  Looking forward to your acknowledgment that I posted a cite.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1823 on: September 06, 2018, 08:08:19 PM »
Oh SNAP!! What do I see before me?  Is it a cite?
yes that’s another cite I had forgotten I posted - lol!  So, 2 cites, yet still I get the heavy treatment.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1824 on: September 06, 2018, 08:09:43 PM »
Just in case you missed it.
So she only felt suicidal?  Oh well that’s alright then.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1825 on: September 06, 2018, 08:11:46 PM »
I didn’t know Martin Brunt was a psychologist?

There is still the requirement for cites concerning allegations made on this thread ... in my opinion it would be excellent if you transferred your zeal to that one.

If you have to ask me which one I will point it out but I'm sure with your eye for these details you will have clocked it already.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1826 on: September 06, 2018, 08:11:53 PM »
#1755.  Looking forward to your acknowledgment that I posted a cite.

I apologise, I missed your cite when catching up.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1827 on: September 06, 2018, 08:12:37 PM »
So she only felt suicidal?  Oh well that’s alright then.
Had Kate actually done it, then it would be considered "justice", "karma" or the such like.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1828 on: September 06, 2018, 08:12:45 PM »
There is still the requirement for cites concerning allegations made on this thread ... in my opinion it would be excellent if you transferred your zeal to that one.

If you have to ask me which one I will point it out but I'm sure with your eye for these details you will have clocked it already.

I am sure you are perfectly capable and willing.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1829 on: September 06, 2018, 08:13:11 PM »
Had Kate actually done it, then it would be considered "justice", "karma" or the such like.

No, why?