Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137992 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1830 on: September 06, 2018, 08:19:43 PM »
No, why?
From years of experience.  I'm not saying everyone would, but I'm sure some would.
I must admit I feel a bit like that when a murderer commits suicide (murder-suicide cases are very common), I think "well that saves the tax payer a lot of trouble".  Don't you?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder%E2%80%93suicide

"Suicide after murder as a form of self-punishment due to guilt;"
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 08:24:58 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1831 on: September 07, 2018, 10:07:58 AM »
As we have seen, Brenda Leyland, an intelligent and highly educated woman felt 'entitled' to indulge her pastime of excoriating a family from a neighbouring village who had suffered great misfortune.

Like all poison pen writers she was anonymous, she knew who her targets were, she knew where they lived, I would be very surprised if she didn't know where the kids went to school but they knew absolutely nothing about her or her activities.
In my opinion Brenda Leyland's online activities and her location (from her IP address) should have raised official concern ... and who is to say that Martin Brunt didn't recognise that by starting the Sky news investigation at the centre with the intention of working out?

However if it had all been nipped in the bud many years ago and the culture challenged I think there are many who would think twice about the risk of having the police knock at the door and I think Brenda Leyland would have been one of them.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 03:41:08 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #1832 on: September 07, 2018, 03:43:56 PM »
Please remain on topic. TY

ETA  Members are well aware that doctored images have no place on this forum regardless of who made them or who posted them on the internet. This also applies to the links to such images.  If any member feels the need to share such information then please use the messaging facility. TY
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 04:13:29 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1833 on: September 07, 2018, 04:29:04 PM »
It was a storm in a teacup, despite the hopes of the dossier compilers. They hoped the 'general public' would rise up in support of the McCanns and against the 'vile trolls' perhaps, but they didn't. They brought trouble to Brenda's door for nothing. The 'trolls' continue to 'troll', the media continues to complain, and the ;general public' continues to be disinterested. All they achieved was to push a vulnerable woman over the edge. What a waste of time and effort.

Al your opinion... My opinion is Brenda sadly brought trouble to her own door.... She was, a victim... A victim of the propaganda that has come out of Portugal that is supposed to prove the McCanns were involved as suggested by amaral et al... If you are silly enough to believe that.... Then no wonder so much anger towards the McCanns....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1834 on: September 07, 2018, 04:31:37 PM »
Al your opinion... My opinion is Brenda sadly brought trouble to her own door.... She was, a victim... A victim of the propaganda that has come out of Portugal that is supposed to prove the McCanns were involved as suggested by amaral et al... If you are silly enough to believe that.... Then no wonder so much anger towards the McCanns....

Does that make you a victim of the propaganda that has come out of Team McCann?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1835 on: September 07, 2018, 04:33:17 PM »
Does that make you a victim of the propaganda that has come out of Team McCann?

Not at all... My conclusion s are based on a true understanding of the evidence in the files... Nothing to do with team mccann... My day job requires me to continually assess evidence.. That's what makes, the difference...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 04:49:18 PM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1836 on: September 07, 2018, 05:05:36 PM »
I think your idea that the dossier compilers wanted or expected a mass uprising of the genral public against the trolls is laughable frankly.  How on earth do you know this is what they hoped for?  I also think you are wrong to say the public isn’t interested or concerned with online bullying or abuse, I think the fact that it is so very often in the news shows that it is a valid issue that troubles many people, even if you’re not one of them.

It was you who suggested that the 'general public' reacted, not me. If the dossier compilers weren't trying to garner support why did they go to Sky? Were they trying to force the hand of the police, perhaps?

People may well be concerned about online bullying or abuse in general, I don't know. I was talking about it in relation to the McCanns in particular.

Do you think the news reflects public opinion or seeks to influence it? I don't think it's always easy to tell. I do know that their tales of 'trolls' had no effect on those who contributed to the fund for Amaral's defense. A lot of those who donated laughed at the media's suggestion that they were 'trolls'.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1837 on: September 07, 2018, 05:13:44 PM »
It was you who suggested that the 'general public' reacted, not me. If the dossier compilers weren't trying to garner support why did they go to Sky? Were they trying to force the hand of the police, perhaps?

People may well be concerned about online bullying or abuse in general, I don't know. I was talking about it in relation to the McCanns in particular.

Do you think the news reflects public opinion or seeks to influence it? I don't think it's always easy to tell. I do know that their tales of 'trolls' had no effect on those who contributed to the fund for Amaral's defense. A lot of those who donated laughed at the media's suggestion that they were 'trolls'.
IMO... The compilers, wanted to highlight and hopefully stop the online abuse... A commendable action

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1838 on: September 07, 2018, 05:16:03 PM »

I can’t find an article written about Brenda pre her death but this one in the Daily Mail attracted over 1200 comments, the most recommended of which seem to suggest that many people disapproved of her actions and felt that Sky had don nothing wrong http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2782824/McCann-troll-Brenda-Leyland-sent-thousands-hate-tweets.html.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1839 on: September 07, 2018, 05:21:11 PM »
A snapshot of public opinion

J, London, United Kingdom, 4 years ago

If you can't take it; don't deal it.... This woman seems to have acted like a school bully. She ranted in public, spouting out opinions and pure hatred towards people she did not know - but hid behind anonymity. When caught out - quite rightly so by Sky News - for such bullying behaviour, she clearly did not like it. Trolling is just a new word for bullying. And there needs to be laws against this kind of anonymous bullying. I do feel sorry for anyone who was on the receiving end of this sad woman's written rants.

967 voted up 176 voted down
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1840 on: September 07, 2018, 06:05:46 PM »
Another Mail article on the subject in which the majority of the highest rated posts (with thousands of up votes) are disapproving of Brenda’s behaviour and internet abuse generally. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2781377/BREAKING-NEWS-Internet-troll-targeted-McCanns-dead-hotel-room-days-fleeing-home.html#comments

Offline John

« Reply #1841 on: September 07, 2018, 06:13:43 PM »
Posters please note that a number of posts have been spun off from threads some of which now form new topics.  Please ensure your posts are relevant to the thread heading. TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1842 on: October 26, 2018, 08:11:14 AM »
To those who believe police matters should be solely the domain of the police and who deplore the actions of the media in shining a light on possible ciminal behaviour, what do you feel about the Telegraph’s investigation into Philip Green alleged sexual harrassment / bullying and Lord Hain’s revelation in the HoL yesterday?  Was this immoral and disgraceful in your view?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1843 on: October 26, 2018, 11:48:52 AM »
To those who believe police matters should be solely the domain of the police and who deplore the actions of the media in shining a light on possible ciminal behaviour, what do you feel about the Telegraph’s investigation into Philip Green alleged sexual harrassment / bullying and Lord Hain’s revelation in the HoL yesterday?  Was this immoral and disgraceful in your view?

I suggest that question is given its own topic.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1844 on: October 26, 2018, 02:46:02 PM »
Sure, we could also start another thread about a dear old man who racially abused a woman on a Ryan Air flight who has very publicly been named and shamed by the media.  There must be many on here who are outraged at the way the press have treated this man.