Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138001 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1845 on: October 26, 2018, 04:34:08 PM »
Sure, we could also start another thread about a dear old man who racially abused a woman on a Ryan Air flight who has very publicly been named and shamed by the media.  There must be many on here who are outraged at the way the press have treated this man.

Comparing a horse with a donkey is futile and pointless really.

I am not outraged he was on TV my questions would be why? is this news worthy? well NO not at all.  Same as Brenda- not news worthy
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 07:05:35 PM by Brietta »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1846 on: October 26, 2018, 04:56:01 PM »
My view is all three deserved to be named and shamed... If you are not willing to stand up and defend what you say... Then don't say it... It really is a simple as that

« Reply #1847 on: October 26, 2018, 05:00:02 PM »
My view is all three deserved to be named and shamed... If you are not willing to stand up and defend what you say... Then don't say it... It really is a simple as that

The police should have better things to do and there are worse crimes. name calling isn't nice but not worth the bother.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1848 on: October 26, 2018, 05:03:49 PM »
The police should have better things to do and there are worse crimes. name calling isn't nice but not worth the bother.
Depends on what the name calling involves... The law should be enforced and the newspapers should name and shame... As they have done in all three, cases
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 08:22:51 PM by Robittybob1 »

« Reply #1849 on: October 26, 2018, 05:12:49 PM »
Depends on what the name calling involves... The law should be enforced and the newspapers should name and shame... As they have dine in all three, cases

It is all relative -some people like to know what Victoria Becham is wearing everyday and demand it be news worthy, somepeople like to look at mamary glands on some newpapers but some of us like articles which are news worthy.
Notice the level of newspapers the McCanns used... I refer to them as the sleazymags as they only print mostly trash.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1850 on: October 26, 2018, 06:05:11 PM »
Comparing a horse with a donkey is futile and pointless really.

I am not outraged he was on TV my questions would be why? is this news worthy? well NO not at all.  Same as Brenda- not news worthy
FYI: Twitter is “in a public place” unless you choose to protect your tweets.  If the dear old man in question dies of shame whose fault will it be?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 07:07:36 PM by Brietta »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #1851 on: October 28, 2018, 09:59:30 AM »
FYI: Twitter is “in a public place” unless you choose to protect your tweets.  If the dear old man in question dies of shame whose fault will it be?

Oh my, swing a cat - hit a door and blame the cat or the door!

We are led to believe the MCs do not do social media so there was no direct contact from Brenda to the parents. The dear old man was having a face to face altrication with a woman. It was reported on social media and went viral- the airline also contacted the police. newsworthy? no not at all. And what Brenda did was not newsworthy either.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1852 on: October 28, 2018, 10:05:19 AM »

We are led to believe the MCs do not do social media so there was no direct contact from Brenda to the parents. The dear old man was having a face to face altrication with a woman. It was reported on social media and went viral- the airline also contacted the police. newsworthy? no not at all. And what Brenda did was not newsworthy either.

Why do posters want to keep up the Brenda story..... The press were absolutely  right to get involved... As were sky news... The type of behaviour Brenda engaged in needs to be stopped

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1853 on: October 28, 2018, 10:06:09 AM »

Who are you to judge what is or is not newsworthy?  The professionals deemed otherwise.  If this poor old man decidedto kill himself whose fault would that be, in your view?  What about Philip Green?  Were the Telegraph wrong to investigate him?  Surely that’s the job of thr police?  Do you have sympathy for the poor old billionaire?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #1854 on: October 28, 2018, 10:14:57 AM »
Who are you to judge what is or is not newsworthy?  The professionals deemed otherwise.  If this poor old man decidedto kill himself whose fault would that be, in your view?  What about Philip Green?  Were the Telegraph wrong to investigate him?  Surely that’s the job of thr police?  Do you have sympathy for the poor old billionaire?

Who are you to judge me judging? I made my point you don't like it? aw.
Professionals? what really? 'sN.....s'

You can stop with the stupid irrelevent questions. I won't reply to them.

Offline barrier

« Reply #1855 on: October 28, 2018, 10:43:58 AM »

I might be wrong but no complaint was made to the police,the Telegraph got wind of a story that Green had paid NDA to some personnel and were investigating that.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1856 on: October 28, 2018, 11:34:03 AM »
I might be wrong but no complaint was made to the police,the Telegraph got wind of a story that Green had paid NDA to some personnel and were investigating that.

That is what I understand to G-Unit.  I heard the deputy ed of the Telegraph on the radio discussing the case when Green was outed in HOL.    She said that they had received information from someone involved in the case and that NDAs were signed. The telegraph went to court to try and publish the story and won initially, then at the higher court they lost as the fact that Green was Chairman of a large company meant that the public interest case was overuled by any possible damage to that company.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1857 on: October 28, 2018, 12:47:10 PM »
It's irrelevant what the media were investigating, the fact is they attempted to "take the law into their own hands" by their determination to bring the details into the public eye.  If Philip Green jumps off his yacht as a result, whose fault will that be?

Offline barrier

« Reply #1858 on: October 28, 2018, 12:55:45 PM »
It's irrelevant what the media were investigating, the fact is they attempted to "take the law into their own hands" by their determination to bring the details into the public eye.  If Philip Green jumps off his yacht as a result, whose fault will that be?

His.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #1859 on: October 28, 2018, 01:00:11 PM »

Why is irrelevant,the Telegraph released the detail of the MP's thieving covered up as expenses,was that wrong,play with fire expect to get burnt in a free democratic society.