Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137994 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1875 on: October 28, 2018, 02:50:17 PM »
I don't... It seems sceptics do... Martin Brunt was a journalist and broke no laws... Yet has been pilloried... I'm al for investigative journalism...

Unless they question the McCanns' story? 
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1876 on: October 28, 2018, 02:52:03 PM »
Twitter is part of the media... Brenda chose to het involved in promoting hatred....

No twitter is no more a part of the media than this forum or facebook Davel.  Did she always promote hatred or merely question their stories most of the time?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1877 on: October 28, 2018, 02:52:23 PM »
How many people did Brenda tweet to? 100 - 200 people or the millions that Philip Green wanted to read about his good deeds and fame.   Twitter is NOT the media however you want to make it so, IMO.
Twitter is part of that 21st century phenomenon known as “Social Media” is it not?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1878 on: October 28, 2018, 02:54:05 PM »
I’m all for that too, as long as they don’t publish speculation from unnamed sources or false information.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1879 on: October 28, 2018, 02:59:13 PM »
What difference does that make to whether or not you feel this man has been victimized by the media and worthy of your sympathy?  I don’t know if it is a police matter or not - should it be in your view?

If he acted illegally then yes, obviously.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1880 on: October 28, 2018, 03:02:31 PM »
I don't... It seems sceptics do... Martin Brunt was a journalist and broke no laws... Yet has been pilloried... I'm al for investigative journalism...

Investigative journalism yes and if any laws have been broken pass that information on to the authorities for them to take forward. The media should never act as judge and jury.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1881 on: October 28, 2018, 03:09:15 PM »
Investigative journalism yes and if any laws have been broken pass that information on to the authorities for them to take forward. The media should never act as judge and jury.

Neither should the public

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1882 on: October 28, 2018, 03:13:25 PM »
Neither should the public

They don’t.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1883 on: October 28, 2018, 03:16:56 PM »

You're wrong again.... Anything based on evidence is totally acceptable

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1884 on: October 28, 2018, 03:17:33 PM »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1885 on: October 28, 2018, 03:23:16 PM »
If he acted illegally then yes, obviously.
First question neatly avoided.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1886 on: October 28, 2018, 03:26:02 PM »
They don’t.
Do you not read #McCann on twitter, or any of the myriad forums or comments pages where the public frequently judge the McCanns and find them guilty of all manner of crimes, from having a horrible house to murder?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1887 on: October 28, 2018, 03:29:04 PM »
Do you not read #McCann on twitter, or any of the myriad forums or comments pages where the public frequently judge the McCanns and find them guilty of all manner of crimes, from having a horrible house to murder?

Merely opinion.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1888 on: October 28, 2018, 03:29:33 PM »
First question neatly avoided.

Sorry what was the question ?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1889 on: October 28, 2018, 03:44:36 PM »
Twitter is part of that 21st century phenomenon known as “Social Media” is it not?

Paper can be described as media as can photography if we are being picky.   Social media wouldn't have "social" in front of it if it was the mainstream media.