Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137996 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1890 on: October 28, 2018, 03:52:51 PM »
Paper can be described as media as can photography if we are being picky.   Social media wouldn't have "social" in front of it if it was the mainstream media.

Social media wouldn't be called social media if it wasn't part of the media

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1891 on: October 28, 2018, 03:56:19 PM »
Merely opinion.
opinion with no judgement?!  LOL.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1892 on: October 28, 2018, 03:58:54 PM »
Sorry what was the question ?
You asked if it was a police matter and I asked “What difference does that make to whether or not you feel this man has been victimized by the media and is worthy of your sympathy?”
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1893 on: October 28, 2018, 04:00:06 PM »
Social media wouldn't be called social media if it wasn't part of the media

Are you trying to compare to the probably 100 or so people who may have seen Brenda's tweets before her outing, with the millions that read newspapers and watch the TV news?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1894 on: October 28, 2018, 04:00:43 PM »
Paper can be described as media as can photography if we are being picky.   Social media wouldn't have "social" in front of it if it was the mainstream media.
Who was talking about the mainstream media?  You appear to have shifted the goalposts in this discussion.  When Trump tweets is he not using twitter to inform millions of people of his views?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1895 on: October 28, 2018, 04:01:34 PM »
Are you trying to compare to the probably 100 or so people who may have seen Brenda's tweets before her outing, with the millions that read newspapers and watch the TV news?
Cite for “100 or so” please.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1896 on: October 28, 2018, 04:11:31 PM »
Cite for “100 or so” please.

Brenda had 182 followers before her outing. Not all of them would be on twitter all the time I assume.  Were you there all the time when you were on twitter VS?

Cite for her followers

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/06/was-brenda-leyland-really-a-troll-mccanns
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1897 on: October 28, 2018, 04:15:54 PM »
Brenda had 182 followers before her outing. Not all of them would be on twitter all the time I assume.  Were you there all the time when you were on twitter VS?

Cite for her followers

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/06/was-brenda-leyland-really-a-troll-mccanns
Are you aware that tweets can be seen by other tweeters that aren’t your followers?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1898 on: October 28, 2018, 04:21:10 PM »
Are you aware that tweets can be seen by other tweeters that aren’t your followers?

Yes I am but how many of those other people would have seen her tweets?  I have read there are millions of tweets a day. How many would see her tweets if they weren't searching for them.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1899 on: October 28, 2018, 04:25:18 PM »
Yes I am but how many of those other people would have seen her tweets?  I have read there are millions of tweets a day. How many would see her tweets if they weren't searching for them.
Who knows?  It’s kind of beside the point though IMO.  Many people who tweet hope that their tweets will be retweeted and as widely read as possible, particularly those who believe they are taking part in some sort of campaign for justice.  They actively want to be read and to convince as many people as possible to support and join their cause, otherwise why do it in the first place?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1900 on: October 28, 2018, 04:40:41 PM »
Who knows?  It’s kind of beside the point though IMO.  Many people who tweet hope that their tweets will be retweeted and as widely read as possible, particularly those who believe they are taking part in some sort of campaign for justice.  They actively want to be read and to convince as many people as possible to support and join their cause, otherwise why do it in the first place?

I have no idea why people tweet but my point was very few people would have known who she was or saw her tweets. Then she was monstered by the media at the behest of some McCann supporters. Philip Green was already a well known figure to the mainstream media and he actively courted them to promote a certain image.  Brenda did neither.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1901 on: October 28, 2018, 04:41:01 PM »

you seem to want to justify brendas nasty tweets,...thats up to you...I think her behaviour was totally unacceptable....

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1902 on: October 28, 2018, 04:42:59 PM »
you seem yto want to justify brendas nasty tweets,...thats up to you...I think her behaviour was totally unacceptable....

Of course and you are entitled to your opinion as Brenda thought she was too, until the mainstream media made her into a scapegoat IMO.   

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1903 on: October 28, 2018, 04:43:16 PM »
I have no idea why people tweet but my point was very few people would have known who she was or saw her tweets. Then she was monstered by the media at the behest of some McCann supporters. Philip Green was already a well known figure to the mainstream media and he actively courted them to promote a certain image.  Brenda did neither.
What about due process?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1904 on: October 28, 2018, 05:07:57 PM »
Of course and you are entitled to your opinion as Brenda thought she was too, until the mainstream media made her into a scapegoat IMO.

The difference is I'm happy to stand by everything  I have posted..  Brenda wasnt