Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137992 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1920 on: October 28, 2018, 10:44:43 PM »
I’m not a fan of mob rule, but I am a fan of freedom of the press to report whatever they see fit, so long as it is accurate and not fanciful.  How about you?

So would social media equate to the press in your eyes as apparently you consider it "media".
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1921 on: October 28, 2018, 10:49:38 PM »
So would social media equate to the press in your eyes as apparently you consider it "media".
No, the press is the press, the clue’s in the name. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1922 on: October 29, 2018, 12:27:08 AM »
I’m not a fan of mob rule, but I am a fan of freedom of the press to report whatever they see fit, so long as it is accurate and not fanciful.  How about you?

I’m a fan of legally punishing those who partake in criminal behaviour. The press should never override the function of due process and it seems that’s what you are suggesting.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

« Reply #1923 on: October 29, 2018, 12:33:22 AM »
It was a guess.  No cite needed.

There must have been thousands Rob.

I never tweeted Brendas real, or internet, name.  I just entered topics and was surprised to see a name come up .... and thinking to myself that person knows nothing about the case, meaning true facts.   Thinking why is he /she trolling and spouting out any old hating stuff.

There must have been thousands like me .... imo

ETA.  Correcting my mistake.  Thanks to Sunny

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #1924 on: October 29, 2018, 05:16:27 AM »
I’m a fan of legally punishing those who partake in criminal behaviour. The press should never override the function of due process and it seems that’s what you are suggesting.

brenda  wasnt guilty of a  crime  sky news and  mcann supporters  took matters into their own hands  for revenge  imo

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1925 on: October 29, 2018, 06:50:02 AM »
There must have been thousands Rob.

I never tweeted Brendas real, or internet, name.  I just entered topics and was surprised to see this agressive name come up .... and thinking to myself that person knows nothing about the case, meaning true facts.   Thinking why is he /she trolling and spouting out any old hating stuff.

There must have been thousands like me .... imo

Was @sweepface the aggressive name or was it Brenda Leyland?

Are you talking about before Brenda was outed or afterwards?

Where did you see her tweets?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 07:23:56 AM by Sunny »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1926 on: October 29, 2018, 07:12:18 AM »
Absolute rubbish, nowhere have I suggested that.  What you seem to be suggesting is that there should be zero reporting of anyone suspected of any crime until they have been cleared or found guilty, nor any reporting of any reprehensible behaviour by anyone at all, ever, in case it interferes with due process at a later date.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1927 on: October 29, 2018, 07:30:22 AM »
From my reading on twitter, Brenda's name and identity was found months before it was passed to Sky News and discussed between supporters on there.

I believe her information was passed to the police who said she hadn't broken any laws, then these same supporters and probably others decided to go to Martin Brunt and Sky News.  I wonder if it was a concerted effort between the media or simply that Martin Brunt was the only one who ran with the ball, then once he had the other media jumped on the bandwagon.  That is how it looks to me as, for example the Daily Mail had her identity very quickly.

This person knew who she was before Brenda's outing.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1928 on: October 29, 2018, 07:57:36 AM »
From my reading on twitter, Brenda's name and identity was found months before it was passed to Sky News and discussed between supporters on there.

I believe her information was passed to the police who said she hadn't broken any laws, then these same supporters and probably others decided to go to Martin Brunt and Sky News.  I wonder if it was a concerted effort between the media or simply that Martin Brunt was the only one who ran with the ball, then once he had the other media jumped on the bandwagon.  That is how it looks to me as, for example the Daily Mail had her identity very quickly.

This person knew who she was before Brenda's outing.
I believe that Brenda used to tweet under her own name, using the same account. 

Offline sadie

« Reply #1929 on: October 29, 2018, 10:10:44 AM »
Was @sweepface the aggressive name or was it Brenda Leyland?

Are you talking about before Brenda was outed or afterwards?

Where did you see her tweets?

No, according to one site she had another name which was agressive and threatening, IMO.
[They may not have been tweets, but posts in a forum.  Where else did she post ?]

I cant remember it and dont intend to search, but if nobody finds it, I am very willing to remove my comment.  Let's give it 24 hours, shall we, to see if anyone comes up with that name and its source ? 

Please remind me and i will remove it if nothing is found.  I don't read everything on here anymore, so it would be good to pm me as well as post the reminder if you wish.

ETA:
Both this post and a previous one amended to correct my apparent mistake

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1930 on: October 29, 2018, 10:20:55 AM »
Absolute rubbish, nowhere have I suggested that.  What you seem to be suggesting is that there should be zero reporting of anyone suspected of any crime until they have been cleared or found guilty, nor any reporting of any reprehensible behaviour by anyone at all, ever, in case it interferes with due process at a later date.

Tell me VS, if the parents were tried in this country of being involved in their daughter’s disappearance do you think they’d get a fair trial and if not why not ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1931 on: October 29, 2018, 12:30:37 PM »
No, according to one site she had another name which was agressive and threatening, IMO.
[They may not have been tweets, but posts in a forum.  Where else did she post ?]

I cant remember it and dont intend to search, but if nobody finds it, I am very willing to remove my comment.  Let's give it 24 hours, shall we, to see if anyone comes up with that name and its source ? 

Please remind me and i will remove it if nothing is found.  I don't read everthing on here anymore, so it would be good to pm me as well as post the reminder if you wish.

Do you or anyone else have evidence of this other name that Brenda is alleged to have used? I have read a lot of information about her but never heard of that.

I would appreciate  information and a cite on this if it is indeed true.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1932 on: October 29, 2018, 02:50:37 PM »
Tell me VS, if the parents were tried in this country of being involved in their daughter’s disappearance do you think they’d get a fair trial and if not why not ?
I’m sure they would, yes.  Probably not in Portugal though.  Tell me,  should the MSM be banned from reporting on the reprehensible behaviour of others under any circumstances, if so why?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1933 on: October 29, 2018, 04:22:14 PM »
I’m sure they would, yes.  Probably not in Portugal though.  Tell me,  should the MSM be banned from reporting on the reprehensible behaviour of others under any circumstances, if so why?

When you see the almost universally negative comments under every newspaper article about the McCanns, comments from individuals some of whom would be asked to do jury duty, can you honestly say the parents would get a fair trial ? Just out of interest why do you think the parents would get a fair trial here but not in Portugal?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1934 on: October 29, 2018, 04:50:34 PM »

If there was no evidence in Portugal to charge anyone with any type of offence in relation to Madeleine's disappearance ... let alone bring anyone to trial ... don't you think it is a bit presumptive of you to lust after a trial in England?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....