Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 138952 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1950 on: October 29, 2018, 07:37:57 PM »
I wish I could, but I haven't a clue now.  I let it go.   If you really want to find it, may I suggest that you wade thru my posts.  It was a short time before you got your new signature IIRC ... cos that sig. made me smile !

Now I must go.  Fish and chips from the chippy tonight.  Yum yum!

Enjoy sadie. I love that too. 

I'll try and have a look back.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1951 on: October 29, 2018, 08:42:59 PM »
I wish I could, but I haven't a clue now.  I let it go.   If you really want to find it, may I suggest that you wade thru my posts.  It was a short time before you got your new signature IIRC ... cos that sig. made me smile !

Now I must go.  Fish and chips from the chippy tonight.  Yum yum!

I hope you are enjoying your fish and chips sadie.

I have searched back and only found one cite that I didn't provide you and I modified my post.  I have found cite requests made to two other posters but I am not sure if they were complied with.

Here is the cite request to me

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9310.msg473822#msg473822

My response is further down the thread and the offending post was altered.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1952 on: October 30, 2018, 11:07:03 AM »
Interesting thread...

When Simon Hall confessed to murder someone made the following statement aimed at me..

"I wonder if a decent journalist will now track her down and put her under pressure
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t7559-10-year-campaign-for-miscarriage-of-justice-ends-with-a-confession

I also find it interesting to note many of you appear to use a pen name or pseudonym.

Is that through fear?

In the lead up to Simon Hall's inquest, a member of this forum (this persons identity was known btw) approached others to make statements to the police about me, presumably to support the false and malicious claims being made by Halls family members and others, about me, his confession and why he hung himself.

Their 'crimes' existed only in the eyes of those who took it  upon themselves to compile the dossier

Surely you should:

a) contact the social media platform and point out someone is breaking it's rules ( if they are)

b) consult lawyers if you think someone is committing libel ( but you have to be the alleged victim to do this)

b) contact police if you believe someone is committing the crimes of harassment or stalking. ( with evidence )

c) not take it upon yourself to contact the media about one particular individual and encourage them to single that person out before the police have investigated that person.

Or maybe I would ignore the posts as they were someones opinion and not threats against someone. It's called freedom of speech. You mention threats, where did Brenda ever make a threat?

From Sky news  "she had tweeted or retweeted 2,210 posts, of which 424 mentioned the McCanns. Her tweets did not constitute a criminal offence, the inquest heard. ''

The people who compiled the dossier took it upon themselves to define what is acceptable or not for individuals to say and then in contacting the press engaged in harassing an individual, which is something they were supposedly against!

Interesting

Also interesting is a women named Heidi visited Simon Hall several days before his death. A forum member here calling themselves Heidi made several posts around this time. Heidi's posts have now been removed it seems?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 11:52:32 AM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #1953 on: October 30, 2018, 12:41:29 PM »
A huge amount of work was done by a site named 'McCannhateexposed', which seemed to appear in 2012. It was viewable until early 2014 but is now member's only.

Looking at it on wayback there are lists of names who, they assert, are part of a 'Hate Campaign' against the Canns. Some of the people listed have always used their own names, such as Tony Bennett and Pat Brown. Others who posted anonymously had their real names listed with their usernames.

I don't understand why anyone would put so much time and effort into gathering such a lot of information about others. If the intention was to inform why did it go private in 2014?

Does Tony Bennett run the Jill Havern forum? Anyone?

Bennett, 65, of Harlow in Essex, was found to have breached on at least 13 occasions the undertaking not to publish allegations linking the couple, from Rothley in Leicestershire, with their daughter's disappearance
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-21534603

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/9046508/Retired-lawyer-faces-jail-for-harassing-Kate-and-Gerry-McCann.html
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 12:48:24 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1954 on: November 06, 2018, 10:52:19 PM »
Anyone concerned for the well being of the poor men who have been outed by the media for their Grenfell Tower bonfire antics? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1955 on: November 06, 2018, 10:53:44 PM »
Anyone concerned for the well being of the poor men who have been outed by the media for their Grenfell Tower bonfire antics?

Nope!
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline barrier

« Reply #1956 on: November 07, 2018, 07:04:03 AM »
Have they actually broken any laws?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1957 on: November 07, 2018, 07:22:45 AM »

Legally speaking this is debatable.  Although releasing it on Social Media could be a Public Order Offence.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1958 on: November 07, 2018, 07:31:44 AM »
Doubtful.  Being named and shamed in the media should be enough punishment, but this is a police matter which the media has covered extensively therefore in theory denying these poor men their “due process”.  I trust your sympathies lie with them, rather than with anyone who might have suffered distress by their actions?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 07:46:19 AM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1959 on: November 07, 2018, 10:55:50 AM »
Doubtful.  Being named and shamed in the media should be enough punishment, but this is a police matter which the media has covered extensively therefore in theory denying these poor men their “due process”.  I trust your sympathies lie with them, rather than with anyone who might have suffered distress by their actions?

The chances are the victims of Grenfell’s time is more occupied dealing with the effects of the tragedy than getting distressed about some lowlifes and their appalling behaviour.

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1960 on: November 07, 2018, 11:00:36 AM »
The chances are the victims of Grenfell’s time is more occupied dealing with the effects of the tragedy than getting distressed about some lowlifes and their appalling behaviour.
Do you feel these men have lost the right to due process though?  Should we feel angry on their behalf, at the media intrusion and demonization they have already suffered?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #1961 on: November 07, 2018, 11:12:53 AM »
Do you feel these men have lost the right to due process though?  Should we feel angry on their behalf, at the media intrusion and demonization they have already suffered?

I think you are missing the important thing here.  These men were arrested by the police. Brenda Leyland had committed no crime, she was never arrested nor likely to be it would seem from the police response regarding her.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1962 on: November 07, 2018, 11:35:32 AM »
I think you are missing the important thing here.  These men were arrested by the police. Brenda Leyland had committed no crime, she was never arrested nor likely to be it would seem from the police response regarding her.
Then these men are more likely to suffer the loss of due process than Brenda ever was.  How did the police find out about their alleged crimes anyway?  NB: these men have been released without charges brought so far, so...

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1963 on: November 07, 2018, 11:43:04 AM »

I believe one of these men posted the video on social media themselves so, technically, they denied themselves due process.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1964 on: November 07, 2018, 11:43:48 AM »

Rukayet Mamadu, a survivor of the fire, called the video the "climax of intolerance of the system and society".

She told the Victoria Derbyshire programme: "It's chilling, it's cold-blooded. I feel so bad, let alone people who lost relatives.

"This should be brought to justice."