Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137994 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #1965 on: November 07, 2018, 12:15:55 PM »
Rukayet Mamadu, a survivor of the fire, called the video the "climax of intolerance of the system and society".

She told the Victoria Derbyshire programme: "It's chilling, it's cold-blooded. I feel so bad, let alone people who lost relatives.

"This should be brought to justice."

If they have broken the law, I absolutely agree. It doesn’t, however, negate my previous point.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1966 on: November 07, 2018, 01:07:14 PM »
I believe one of these men posted the video on social media themselves so, technically, they denied themselves due process.
If the crime is the posting of the video in the first place then how is that also denying themselves due process?  That’s ridiculous.  What about the other men involved?  Also, Brenda posted her opinions and bullying on social media herself didn’t she?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1967 on: November 07, 2018, 01:07:30 PM »
If they have broken the law, I absolutely agree. It doesn’t, however, negate my previous point.
What point was that?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1968 on: November 07, 2018, 01:49:38 PM »
If the crime is the posting of the video in the first place then how is that also denying themselves due process?  That’s ridiculous.  What about the other men involved?  Also, Brenda posted her opinions and bullying on social media herself didn’t she?

Did Brenda identify herself ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1969 on: November 07, 2018, 02:52:39 PM »
Followers of Sky News will have noticed recently that Martin Brunt no longer does expose type reports as these are now being done by Mark White.  Let's hope he doesn't make the same errors.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1970 on: November 07, 2018, 03:06:12 PM »
Did Brenda identify herself ?
Did these men? 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1971 on: November 07, 2018, 03:50:08 PM »
Did these men?

Well I believe one of the men posted the video to their own private Facebook account so that would be a yes.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1972 on: November 07, 2018, 04:43:10 PM »
 Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?

Yes!
Can anyone give a rational explanation why they feel some should be precluded from basic English law?
I thought not.
The end.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1973 on: November 07, 2018, 04:59:29 PM »
Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?

Yes!
Can anyone give a rational explanation why they feel some should be precluded from basic English law?
I thought not.
The end.
Has anything been done about it?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1974 on: November 07, 2018, 05:08:09 PM »
Has anything been done about it?

About what?
Do you mean changing the law to suit the personal prejudices of internet jockeys ?
Give me a rational explanation for why anyone should be denied the basic English right of equality at law?
When considering your response forget the McCann case as it does not transcend the law no matter what supporters may like to think.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1975 on: November 07, 2018, 05:38:18 PM »
Well I believe one of the men posted the video to their own private Facebook account so that would be a yes.
OK, that accounts for one of them then, in your view, so what about the other 4 or is it 5, are you concerned that they are being denied due process?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1976 on: November 07, 2018, 05:48:54 PM »
About what?
Do you mean changing the law to suit the personal prejudices of internet jockeys ?
Give me a rational explanation for why anyone should be denied the basic English right of equality at law?
When considering your response forget the McCann case as it does not transcend the law no matter what supporters may like to think.

Brenda deserved and was afforded due process...I haven't heard any supporter suggesting the McCann case should transcend the law... That appears to be the domain of the supporters

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1977 on: November 07, 2018, 05:51:14 PM »
OK, that accounts for one of them then, in your view, so what about the other 4 or is it 5, are you concerned that they are being denied due process?

Do I think that they should have been identified, no. If they have broken the law the prosecute them. What do we gain by them being identified ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1978 on: November 07, 2018, 05:52:56 PM »
Brenda deserved and was afforded due process...I haven't heard any supporter suggesting the McCann case should transcend the law... That appears to be the domain of the supporters

Please describe how Brenda was afforded due process ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1979 on: November 07, 2018, 06:46:27 PM »
Do I think that they should have been identified, no. If they have broken the law the prosecute them. What do we gain by them being identified ?
What if they haven’t broken the law?  Does society (includng the media) not have the right to name and shame people who behave in a morally repugnant way, sending out the message that such behaviour whilst not technically illegal, is still not acceptable?