Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 137994 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #2010 on: November 08, 2018, 11:13:53 AM »
The dossier was handed to the Met. If they had found criminal behaviour by Brenda she would have been arrested, charged and tried. That is due process. Brenda was denied this basic right under English law and anyone who condones this has no respect for the law.

Due you believe the McCanns have been given this basic rightl by Amaral?
Or indeed by Brenda herself?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 11:16:48 AM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2011 on: November 08, 2018, 11:17:27 AM »

Due you believe the McCanns have been given this basic rightl by Amaral?

I’m sorry is it okay for Brenda to be denied due process just because you feel the McCanns weren’t ? Is that the maturity of your reasoning?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2012 on: November 08, 2018, 11:21:27 AM »
I’m sorry is it okay for Brenda to be denied due process just because you feel the McCanns weren’t ? Is that the maturity of your reasoning?

Your usual insults flow.
You seem to have no problem at all with the McCanns not being given due process of law by both Amaral and Brenda which occurred before Brenda's lack off due process in your opinion.
Rather hypocritical in my opinion.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2013 on: November 08, 2018, 11:28:18 AM »
Your usual insults flow.
You seem to have no problem at all with the McCanns not being given due process of law by both Amaral and Brenda which occurred before Brenda's lack off due process in your opinion.

Amaral followed due process meticulously in his dealings with the McCanns in my opinion. How did he deny them that in your opinion?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2014 on: November 08, 2018, 11:52:12 AM »
Amaral followed due process meticulously in his dealings with the McCanns in my opinion. How did he deny them that in your opinion?

Which due processes did he " meticulously" follow before he wrote his book and made many TV appearances ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2015 on: November 08, 2018, 11:59:35 AM »
Your usual insults flow.

Please don’t tell me what I think.

Tell me Erngath do you think one set of people not being afforded due process excuses another not being afforded those same rights ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2016 on: November 08, 2018, 12:03:38 PM »
Which due processes did he " meticulously" follow before he wrote his book and made many TV appearances ?

As you would expect from a man with a law degree he made sure he expressed his opinion without breaking any laws.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2017 on: November 08, 2018, 12:06:43 PM »

Tell me Erngath do you think one set of people not being afforded due process excuses another not being afforded those same rights ?

Mother to child; 'Why did you take x's toy? Reply 'x took y's toy'
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2018 on: November 08, 2018, 12:35:24 PM »

You were never concerned with due process for the McCanns before your constant bleating about Brenda not having had  the same consideration
The lack of due process was not afforded to the McCanns by Amaral and Brenda  and you have never shown any concern about that!
Such utter hypocrisy!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 12:49:18 PM by Erngath »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2019 on: November 08, 2018, 12:35:29 PM »
As you would expect from a man with a law degree he made sure he expressed his opinion without breaking any laws.

He also managed to get a criminal conviction.. And it is not yet decided if his book is libellous or not

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2020 on: November 08, 2018, 12:39:29 PM »

So he didn't wait until due process had been completed before he penned his accusatory book and made his television appearances repeating those accusations.
He played judge and jury and certainly didn't allow the McCanns the benefit of being innocent until proven guilty.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2021 on: November 08, 2018, 12:53:09 PM »
He also managed to get a criminal conviction.. And it is not yet decided if his book is libellous or not

I don't see the relevance of his conviction and the McCanns failed to prove he libelled them.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2022 on: November 08, 2018, 01:09:16 PM »
I don't see the relevance of his conviction and the McCanns failed to prove he libelled them.

He certainly didn't meticulously follow the law and/or due process and earned himself a conviction for perjury.
For a man with a law degree he showed contempt for the law.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2023 on: November 08, 2018, 01:13:07 PM »
Mother to child; 'Why did you take x's toy? Reply 'x took y's toy'

Lol.
I was never very good at Algebra. 8)--))

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2024 on: November 08, 2018, 01:30:59 PM »
Due process is the legal requirement that the government must respect all legal rights that are owed to a person.[1] Due process balances the power of law of the land and protects the individual person from it. When a government harms a person without following the exact course of the law, this is a due process violation, which offends the rule of law.

Due process is not used in contemporary English law. But it recognizes two similar concepts are natural justice and the British constitutional concept of the rule of law. However, neither concept lines up perfectly with the American theory of due process. It contains many implied rights not found in the ancient or modern concepts of due process in England.[4]
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Due_process

Exactly what is it that a few people think Ms Leyland was deprived of?  Was it protection from the law of the land?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....