Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47756 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2019, 11:18:17 AM »
I believe they tried for much more than that, but that's all they got

I won't ask for a Cite because I can't provide one either.

Offline jassi

« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2019, 11:37:16 AM »
As I started my sentence with "I believe" I don't think it needs a cite.

However - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/2164743/Madeleine-McCann-parents-court-bid-for-information.html

" The McCanns hope their application to Mrs Justice Hogg will result in Leicestershire Police opening their files on scores of reported sightings of Madeleine, most of which have been passed on to them by police in Portugal, where the four-year-old disappeared in May last year. "
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 11:47:42 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2019, 12:26:50 PM »
They wanted all the information, but had to settle for less;

While we were away, there was a hearing in the
High Court relating to an application we had made
on Madeleine’s behalf for access to all the
information held by Leicestershire police relating to
her case.
[madeleine]
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2019, 12:36:05 PM »
Wider than that according to the Independent - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/mccanns-drop-court-action-as-police-release-files-861524.html

" Shortly after their daughter disappeared, the judge, in the High Court Family division, granted them a wide order requiring anyone on whom it was served to disclose relevant information to their solicitors.

The police were among those served with the order and serious issues then arose about the public interest in maintaining confidentiality of police investigations.

The Serious Organised Crimes Agency and the Attorney General intervened to advance their own arguments on public policy.

Mr Scott said it became clear that areas of law of great interest to lawyers would have to be considered.

"Gerry and Kate McCann are not lawyers and so far as they were concerned the legal proceedings were moving further and further from the only matter which concerns them - the search for Madeleine.

"The proceedings were in danger of becoming a distraction from, rather than an aid to, that single goal," he said.

Mr Scott said the information to be released by the police related to telephone calls made to the McCanns' solicitors and passed on to Leicestershire Constabulary's incident room during the early stages of the inquiry.

The chief constable has now agreed to provide contact details and a summary of the information provided by those early callers. "
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2019, 01:22:47 PM »
As I started my sentence with "I believe" I don't think it needs a cite.

However - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/2164743/Madeleine-McCann-parents-court-bid-for-information.html

" The McCanns hope their application to Mrs Justice Hogg will result in Leicestershire Police opening their files on scores of reported sightings of Madeleine, most of which have been passed on to them by police in Portugal, where the four-year-old disappeared in May last year. "

What was wrong with asking for reports of sightings?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2019, 01:23:43 PM »
Kate McCann wasn't at all pleased;

Having to withdraw was quite galling, especially as the eighty-one items disclosed to us included trivial details that our family had passed on to the police in the first place.
[madeleine]
Result = happy posting.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2019, 01:25:05 PM »

Nothing at all, unless you were implying that all the sightings of Madeleine had come from the McCanns themselves.

Your post

The McCanns actually only tried to recover information that they themselves had handed to The Police.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline jassi

« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2019, 01:26:45 PM »

UK police claimed it was privileged information. They even got the Attorney General on side to make the argument.

Or maybe not -

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2019, 01:27:21 PM »
Nothing at all, unless you were implying that all the sightings of Madeleine had come from the McCanns themselves.

Your post

The McCanns actually only tried to recover information that they themselves had handed to The Police.

No.  I just wondered why you all seem so pleased that The McCanns were deprived of sightings of Madeleine.

Offline barrier

« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2019, 01:29:48 PM »
Kate McCann wasn't at all pleased;

Having to withdraw was quite galling, especially as the eighty-one items disclosed to us included trivial details that our family had passed on to the police in the first place.
[madeleine]

Sometimes in life you have to be careful what you wish for.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2019, 01:29:56 PM »
No.  I just wondered why you all seem so pleased that The McCanns were deprived of sightings of Madeleine.

Who said anyone was pleased? I wasn't really bothering with the case at the time and I certainly am not pleased now that they didn't get copies of the sightings at that time.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2019, 01:30:22 PM »

They wanted everything that LP had, not just sightings. That would include all the holidaymaker's questionnaires, all the interviews carried out by LP, all the Crimestoppers info, all the sex offender info, all the communications between LP and the PJ and goodness knows what else. That was never going to happen if only from a data protection point of view.
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #147 on: January 10, 2019, 01:31:02 PM »
Not sure where you get the 'pleased' bit from, but it was clearly information that the police and ultimately the courts felt that the  McCanns were not entitled to.

Or maybe not -

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #148 on: January 10, 2019, 01:41:39 PM »

Sometimes in life you have to be careful what you wish for.

Somehow Kate McCann had formed the impression that LP wanted to give them the evidence but were unable to do so because of the Portuguese secrecy laws. What she learned from this unsuccessful case was that the UK authorities had no intention of giving them the evidence. The Portuguese secrecy laws were an excuse, not a reason.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #149 on: January 10, 2019, 03:17:14 PM »
Somehow Kate McCann had formed the impression that LP wanted to give them the evidence but were unable to do so because of the Portuguese secrecy laws. What she learned from this unsuccessful case was that the UK authorities had no intention of giving them the evidence. The Portuguese secrecy laws were an excuse, not a reason.

I think the UK police would have been happy to give the McCanns the information but didn't want to upset the portuguese.... Who would have been very upset... And the statement was to apppease the Portuguese... Imo
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 03:28:12 PM by Davel »