Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47803 times)

Offline barrier

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #270 on: January 13, 2019, 01:23:05 PM »
No, but the Met do and that is why they had reams of leads to follow up, geddit now?

Quote for the reams of leads?

Rowley never describes them as such.

And of course at one stage we had 600 people who at one stage have been of interest to the enquiry, that doesn’t mean that they are suspects, people who were suspicious at the time or have a track record which makes us concerned about them, sifting, which focused the enquiry increasingly and when you’re doing this then across a continent and with multiple languages and having to build working relationships with the Portuguese, you put that together and that takes real time. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:25:09 PM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #271 on: January 13, 2019, 01:26:19 PM »
I can't say.  It might be libellous as I can't prove it.

Ah! the mysterons.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #272 on: January 13, 2019, 01:38:20 PM »

Quote for the reams of leads?

Rowley never describes them as such.
600 persons of interest to follow up is "reams" in my book.  What is "reams" in your book?  Officially a ream is 500 pages btw. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #273 on: January 13, 2019, 02:21:25 PM »
To quote Barrier, “there are pages missing, how do you know they didn’t”?  LOL.  But seriously, how do you think the answers to ANY of those questions would have helped establish the guilt or innocence of the McCanns?  Still at least you seem to be conceding that the PJ weren’t very thorough, so not thorough in trying to nail their key suspects, it stands to reason they were even less thorough in investigating possible leads into an abduction doesn’t it.

I have no reason to believe that the PJ withheld statements taken from local people. Rebelo certainly thought the timeline was significant, and I agree with him. I have never said the PJ were thorough, so I'm not conceding anything. I have simply rebutted some of the more inventive or nebulous reasons people have relied on for criticising them.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #274 on: January 13, 2019, 02:32:04 PM »
I have no reason to believe that the PJ withheld statements taken from local people. Rebelo certainly thought the timeline was significant, and I agree with him. I have never said the PJ were thorough, so I'm not conceding anything. I have simply rebutted some of the more inventive or nebulous reasons people have relied on for criticising them.
Upon what basis then did the police dismiss the sighting of two adults with a young female child on the mornng after Madeleine's disappearance then?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #275 on: January 13, 2019, 02:34:43 PM »
If the PJ were not thorough is that not a good reason for criticising them, or must we keep quiet and defer to them?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #276 on: January 13, 2019, 04:02:53 PM »

What would be easier to state is the laughable image that the press actually have a knowledge of just what is happening and happened to be relied upon as a certifiable cite,its a case of he said,they said, I said.

Lets go back to almost the very beginning, where a story in the Telegraph  still accessible today of Madeleine died from a sleeping tablet overdose, is that true?

It is true insofar as the Telegraph reported the lies reported in the French press which emanated from the lies the Judicial Police were spreading at the time.

Snip
A source at the newspaper claimed: "We are not simply repeating rumours carried in other papers. This is not a theory, but a fact contained in hard evidence in the hands of the Portuguese authorities.
 https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1563090/Madeleine-McCann-died-from-overdose.html

What I find perplexing is why you feel it necessary to keep repeating nonsense and misinformation spread like manure from 2007 which is totally unrelated to the thread topic?

Is there an on topic connection which I have failed to pick up on?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #277 on: January 13, 2019, 04:06:42 PM »
I find it difficult to believe that people expected the PJ to investugate every so-called sighting of Madeleine McCann. According to The Sun there were over 8,000 of them in 101 countries. The McCanns asked the world to look for Madeleine and people responded but that really wasn't helpful in my opinion.

You are off topic ... or is there some connection to Colin Sutton's film which I'm not picking up on?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #278 on: January 13, 2019, 04:10:53 PM »
It is true insofar as the Telegraph reported the lies reported in the French press which emanated from the lies the Judicial Police were spreading at the time.

Snip
A source at the newspaper claimed: "We are not simply repeating rumours carried in other papers. This is not a theory, but a fact contained in hard evidence in the hands of the Portuguese authorities.
 https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1563090/Madeleine-McCann-died-from-overdose.html

What I find perplexing is why you feel it necessary to keep repeating nonsense and misinformation spread like manure from 2007 which is totally unrelated to the thread topic?

Misinformation such as Paiva admitted ignoring leads from the public ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #279 on: January 13, 2019, 04:13:10 PM »
You are off topic ... or is there some connection to Colin Sutton's film which I'm not picking up on?

Then most of the posts on this thread are off topic, yours included. Why are you targeting G-Unit specifically?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline barrier

« Reply #280 on: January 13, 2019, 04:17:42 PM »

Snip

I'm showing just how reliable the non verifiable sources from the rags are,some hold them up to the paragon of truth.

Rowley: There are odd headlines and odd stories in newspapers on a regular basis and most of those are nonsense.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #281 on: January 13, 2019, 05:18:30 PM »
??? Oh for a tiny sliver of logical thinking on this thread.

Or even something which could be considered to be ON TOPIC  8**8:/:   Does anyone other than me find it totally irrational that every single thread on this board gravitates sooner rather than later into a slanging match directed against the Mccann family?

Offline jassi

« Reply #282 on: January 13, 2019, 05:50:32 PM »
Or even something which could be considered to be ON TOPIC  8**8:/:   Does anyone other than me find it totally irrational that every single thread on this board gravitates sooner rather than later into a slanging match directed against the Mccann family?

Except for those that develop into a slanging match against Amaral and/or the PJ
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #283 on: January 13, 2019, 07:09:19 PM »

I'm no more off topic than anyone else. Going back to page one I was interested in having a reasonable discussion about whether the skills used by UK police officers were more useful in the McCann case than those of the PJ. Given the reliance on CCTV evidence in the Bellfield case, which isn't available in Portugal, I thought not.

Instead of a reasonable discussion there was an immediate attack on one PJ officer; Amaral, for failing to  view the footage from just one CCTV camera in Luz. The camera in question, of course, shouldn't have been filming the public highway, and even if it was it might not have picked anything up. Even so, it's a useful stick to beat Amaral with and must be highlighted at every opportunity!

There's no possibility of remaining on topic or of having reasonable discussions while such point scoring continues in my opinion.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #284 on: January 13, 2019, 07:16:54 PM »
I'm no more off topic than anyone else. Going back to page one I was interested in having a reasonable discussion about whether the skills used by UK police officers were more useful in the McCann case than those of the PJ. Given the reliance on CCTV evidence in the Bellfield case, which isn't available in Portugal, I thought not.

Instead of a reasonable discussion there was an immediate attack on one PJ officer; Amaral, for failing to  view the footage from just one CCTV camera in Luz. The camera in question, of course, shouldn't have been filming the public highway, and even if it was it might not have picked anything up. Even so, it's a useful stick to beat Amaral with and must be highlighted at every opportunity!

There's no possibility of remaining on topic or of having reasonable discussions while such point scoring continues in my opinion.

Let’s highlight it again, just for good measure, but this time let the great man speak for himself:

Mr Amaral said: “I believe that the person carrying a child in his arms was captured on film from that very camera.

“I asked my officers to gather all the CCTV footage in Luz but, by the time they got to this hotel, the film from this camera had been wiped over.

"It was a mistake and I will always regret it. I do feel Madeleine was let down.”