Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47278 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2019, 02:57:56 PM »
I wonder how much jealosy there is between the PJ and Grange

Who would you think was being jealous of whom, Davel?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Admin

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2019, 03:04:21 PM »
I wonder how much jealosy there is between the PJ and Grange

Pretty sure the PJ would love to have £12 million extra to spend on solving the Madeleine case.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2019, 03:11:09 PM »
Pretty sure the PJ would love to have £12 million extra to spend on solving the Madeleine case.

I think a lot if that was translating and eviewing the 40 thousand files which the PJ have not had to do

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2019, 03:42:27 PM »
You seem to think it was  because of Sutton's attitude. I didn't see anything wrong with his attitude, did I miss something?
Where did I say that?  You are deflecting.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2019, 03:43:10 PM »
I think a lot if that was translating and eviewing the 40 thousand files which the PJ have not had to do

How big is "a lot" Davel. Redwood had his revelatory moment in 2013 it is now 2018.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2019, 03:43:43 PM »
Was talking to an individual last week who had worked at the Times office some time ago. He met Murdoch during a visit by him to the office. He said he was a very small, weedy man with few redeeming features. During the visit he gave their marching orders to one of the cleaners because someone had dropped a piece of litter in the walkway between the desk and it hadn’t been picked up. He said Murdoch’s son seemed okay but was totally in his father’s shadow.
Gosh, how insightful. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2019, 03:44:33 PM »
Nonetheless it remains a drama; a well presented one in my book but I can see why some will disagree.
It dispels the crazy notion that one can "bung all the data in a computer press the tit and hey presto instant perpetrator".
The jealousy bit is human nature and operates in any large organisation to the detriment of that organisation.
Where has this crazy notion ever been voiced?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2019, 05:04:07 PM »
Co operation  from the public was a massive help in solving this case... With the Portuguese people on the whole beleiving the McCann's are guilty... Due to amarals book and the press... There has been no public help

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2019, 05:40:55 PM »
What is the definition of "a very small man" these days?  According to t'internet Rupert Murdoch is 5ft 8 1/2"  My grandfather on my mother's side was 5ft 2" - now he I would describe as a very small man, but have the parameters changed recently? 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2019, 05:45:49 PM »
The Surrey Detective didn't half get shirty.

You were able to watch it then? He did have the food grace to apologise later and to acknowledge the strength of Sutton's evidence.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2019, 06:09:11 PM »
You were able to watch it then? He did have the food grace to apologise later and to acknowledge the strength of Sutton's evidence.
Yes, I wonder if we can look forward to a Mea Culpa from anyone in the PJ if and when the MM case is solved and it is established beyond doubt that the parents had nothing to do with it.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2019, 07:03:05 PM »
What is the definition of "a very small man" these days?  According to t'internet Rupert Murdoch is 5ft 8 1/2"  My grandfather on my mother's side was 5ft 2" - now he I would describe as a very small man, but have the parameters changed recently?

Let's go all PC, use ONS data and say "of below average height" then. Average being 1760mm according to ONS.
BTW why you still using Mickey Mouse units? The UK changed to SI over 40 years ago; are you a "Septic" ** or something?
Me being non PC and 1880mm height, 1760 is positively short arsed in my book but then at enlistment age The Grenadier Guards would have considered me a short arse as 1880mm was then their lower height limit.
Question is answered, no?
Good innit.

** rhyming slang
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2019, 07:12:50 PM »
Let's go all PC, use ONS data and say "of below average height" then. Average being 1760mm according to ONS.
BTW why you still using Mickey Mouse units? The UK changed to SI over 40 years ago; are you a "Septic" ** or something?
Me being non PC and 1880mm height, 1760 is positively short arsed in my book but then at enlistment age The Grenadier Guards would have considered me a short arse as 1880mm was then their lower height limit.
Question is answered, no?
Good innit.

** rhyming slang
Which is a long and convoluted way of saying not very much IMO.  The average height of the British male is 5ft 9" so at 5ft 8 1/2" Rupert Murdoch, whilst possibly puny, is surely not a "very small man" even by today's standard.  I wonder what it is about this old multimillionaire that so appealed to the less vertically challenged and much younger Jerry Hall...?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2019, 07:28:57 PM »

Yes, I was able to watch it.  It was up on Pirate Television almost immediately.

To me, most of Sutton's success seems to have been due to instinct, although I was a bit confused as to why he thought it was Bellfield in the first place.  Just a white van parked for about twenty minutes.  I have no idea why he picked on that.

Martin Clunes was marvellous, and even looked somewhat like Sutton.

Offline Admin

« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2019, 07:31:26 PM »
Co operation  from the public was a massive help in solving this case... With the Portuguese people on the whole beleiving the McCann's are guilty... Due to amarals book and the press... There has been no public help

Very few cases would be solved without informers and/or public cooperation. The murder of Amelie Delagrange would most probably never have been solved had Bellfield's partner not spoken up and given Colin Sutton the crucial information he needed to get past the CPS.  Bellfield's other victims would probably not have received justice either.

We must never underestimate the value the public bring to cases.