Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 46638 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2019, 09:52:27 PM »
Just think! One day you might find you were wrong all along. In my opinion that would be hilarious.
Why would that be hilarious?  It’s never going to happen anyway so dream on.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2019, 09:53:19 PM »
Which is a long and convoluted way of saying not very much IMO.  The average height of the British male is 5ft 9" so at 5ft 8 1/2" Rupert Murdoch, whilst possibly puny, is surely not a "very small man" even by today's standard.  I wonder what it is about this old multimillionaire that so appealed to the less vertically challenged and much younger Jerry Hall...?

Well you would know all about that.
But in answer to your last question you maybe answered it yourself.
Like Mose says:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpTSVy3yzts
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:44:26 PM by John »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2019, 10:02:07 PM »
Let's go all PC, use ONS data and say "of below average height" then. Average being 1760mm according to ONS.
BTW why you still using Mickey Mouse units? The UK changed to SI over 40 years ago; are you a "Septic" ** or something?
Me being non PC and 1880mm height, 1760 is positively short arsed in my book but then at enlistment age The Grenadier Guards would have considered me a short arse as 1880mm was then their lower height limit.
Question is answered, no?
Good innit.

** rhyming slang

It seems we have never fully adopted SI units... Al our road signs are in mph.... Police still report the height of suspects in feet and inches.. So your post is a bit of nonsense

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2019, 10:02:59 PM »
Well you would know all about that.
Like Mose says:
I don’t do long and convoluted, I don’t do youtube videos either.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:45:06 PM by John »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2019, 10:08:59 PM »
Well you would know all about that old stick.
Like Mose says:

Your link doesn't exist

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2019, 10:37:43 PM »
Why would that be hilarious?  It’s never going to happen anyway so dream on.

I would find it hilarious because in my opinion everything you say is based on what you believe is the truth, not on what you know is the truth. Do you agree with those who criticise Redwood's crecheman idea by the way?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2019, 10:42:40 PM »
I would find it hilarious because in my opinion everything you say is based on what you believe is the truth, not on what you know is the truth. Do you agree with those who criticise Redwood's crecheman idea by the way?
What is intrinsically hilarious about having strongly held beliefs?  Would you find it hilarious if Amaral’s beliefs were proven to be wrong?  I very much doubt it.
As for your question, you’ve already asked me that once today, and I have already answered, how many more times do you require me to answer?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2019, 10:47:50 PM »
It seems we have never fully adopted SI units... Al our road signs are in mph.... Police still report the height of suspects in feet and inches.. So your post is a bit of nonsense

So?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2019, 11:02:12 PM »
So?
So no need to take the piss out of me for writing about feet and inches, 'kay?  .

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2019, 11:09:57 PM »
What is intrinsically hilarious about having strongly held beliefs?  Would you find it hilarious if Amaral’s beliefs were proven to be wrong?  I very much doubt it.
As for your question, you’ve already asked me that once today, and I have already answered, how many more times do you require me to answer?

People are entitled to believe anything they like. Pretending that their beliefs are correct is another matter entirely.
Amaral was not asking people to believe what he believed, he was explaining what the investigation concluded.

Sorry, I didn't see your answer to my question. I'll go and find it.

Found it. So you don't think Redwood made a mistake when replacing Tannerman with Crecheman? You think Jane Tanner saw crecheman heading towards the night creche even though the man concerned said he was leaving the creche having collected his child?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2019, 11:24:40 PM »
People are entitled to believe anything they like. Pretending that their beliefs are correct is another matter entirely.
Amaral was not asking people to believe what he believed, he was explaining what the investigation concluded.

Sorry, I didn't see your answer to my question. I'll go and find it.

Found it. So you don't think Redwood made a mistake when replacing Tannerman with Crecheman? You think Jane Tanner saw crecheman heading towards the night creche even though the man concerned said he was leaving the creche having collected his child?
I am pretending nothing.   I am quite certain I am correct, and I believe that time will prove me right.  I believe I am entitled to state that and if you think the prospect of me being proven wrong is a matter of great hilarity, well that says more about you than me IMO.
As for the second part of your post - I don't criticise Andy Redwood no.  I don't know what was discussed between the Met and Totman, or any of the finer details which led them to their decision.  I don't believe the Met are really that bloody stupid as to not notice the contradiction in the directions each man was walking.  But I am fully prepared to heap scorn and ridicule upon Redwood if and when it turns out that he really IS that bloody stupid.  I trust I won't have to keep on answering this question now?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2019, 06:18:01 AM »
I am pretending nothing.   I am quite certain I am correct, and I believe that time will prove me right.  I believe I am entitled to state that and if you think the prospect of me being proven wrong is a matter of great hilarity, well that says more about you than me IMO.
As for the second part of your post - I don't criticise Andy Redwood no.  I don't know what was discussed between the Met and Totman, or any of the finer details which led them to their decision.  I don't believe the Met are really that bloody stupid as to not notice the contradiction in the directions each man was walking.  But I am fully prepared to heap scorn and ridicule upon Redwood if and when it turns out that he really IS that bloody stupid.  I trust I won't have to keep on answering this question now?

I think someone found that questionnaire saying that man was around with his child in the same area as Tanner's sighting at about the same time and no-one thought to double-check the map. Instead of explaining Jane's sighting they just added more confusion. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2019, 07:18:48 AM »
I think someone found that questionnaire saying that man was around with his child in the same area as Tanner's sighting at about the same time and no-one thought to double-check the map. Instead of explaining Jane's sighting they just added more confusion.
Are you saying that in your opinion the Met never even spoke to Totman and really are totally incompetent?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2019, 07:59:03 AM »
To those who are full of admiration for the working methods of the Met as described in the series about Colin Sutton, do you think that these stringent and diligent methods were ditched for the Madeleine McCann case, or do you think it’s only because Colin Sutton was put in charge of the investigation that there were results?  In other words was the work leading up to the Lee Bellfield arrest somewhat atypical of the Met’s working methods, or do you think the Met have atypically done a really bad job on the MM investigation either through incompetent leadership or because of pressure from above?