Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47206 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2019, 08:16:57 AM »
Are you saying that in your opinion the Met never even spoke to Totman and really are totally incompetent?

They spoke to someone and photographed him but he didn't look much like Totman or the man Jane Tanner described. Neither did his clothing or the pyjamas his child was supposed to be wearing. Why a blanket was photographed I don't know because Jane saw no blanket.

I don't know if OG were incompetent or not. All I do know is that the Crecheman story isn't convincing for all the above reasons as well as his direction of travel.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2019, 08:26:03 AM »
They spoke to someone and photographed him but he didn't look much like Totman or the man Jane Tanner described. Neither did his clothing or the pyjamas his child was supposed to be wearing. Why a blanket was photographed I don't know because Jane saw no blanket.

I don't know if OG were incompetent or not. All I do know is that the Crecheman story isn't convincing for all the above reasons as well as his direction of travel.
I thought he looked very similar to the man JT saw, in fact the press made a big deal of how similar they were.  Remember they are comparing the actual man with a woman’s memory of a fleeting glimps of a man in the semi darkness. There are plenty of similarities, why do you overlook them?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2019, 08:27:50 AM »
To those who are full of admiration for the working methods of the Met as described in the series about Colin Sutton, do you think that these stringent and diligent methods were ditched for the Madeleine McCann case, or do you think it’s only because Colin Sutton was put in charge of the investigation that there were results?  In other words was the work leading up to the Lee Bellfield arrest somewhat atypical of the Met’s working methods, or do you think the Met have atypically done a really bad job on the MM investigation either through incompetent leadership or because of pressure from above?

I think that each investigation is different and so are the people involved in them. Hard work is important, but so is a certain amount of luck. Sutton had a free hand to investigate what he wished and he had some luck too.

Operation Grange was atypical because The Met seem to have been investigating just one hypothesis which was decided by those higher up in the chain of command. It has been hampered by it's distance from the site of the crime and it's lack of freedom to investigate there.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2019, 08:36:33 AM »
I think that each investigation is different and so are the people involved in them. Hard work is important, but so is a certain amount of luck. Sutton had a free hand to investigate what he wished and he had some luck too.

Operation Grange was atypical because The Met seem to have been investigating just one hypothesis which was decided by those higher up in the chain of command. It has been hampered by it's distance from the site of the crime and it's lack of freedom to investigate there.
This would seem to suggest either a conspiracy at a high level or criminal incompetence, which do you think it is?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2019, 08:44:59 AM »
I thought he looked very similar to the man JT saw, in fact the press made a big deal of how similar they were.  Remember they are comparing the actual man with a woman’s memory of a fleeting glimps of a man in the semi darkness. There are plenty of similarities, why do you overlook them?

Totman's height is similar to Russell O'Brien's. Jane described someone well below six feet tall. The man in the OG photo was wearing a normal black jacket Jane described a 'bomber' jacket with a gathered hem. The man had curly hair, Jane described it as 'glossy' which suggests it was straight.

Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2019, 09:05:29 AM »
This would seem to suggest either a conspiracy at a high level or criminal incompetence, which do you think it is?

People have declared that they believe the parents aren't involved, but no one has explained why they hold that opinion. If it's based on Redwood's 'forensic' analysis of the timeline the fact that it was a group effort seems to have been ignored. If it's based on a personal assessment of the parent's demeanor then that's just an opinion. The assistant Chief Constable of LP was right; there is no evidence which excludes them
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2019, 09:11:04 AM »
People have declared that they believe the parents aren't involved, but no one has explained why they hold that opinion. If it's based on Redwood's 'forensic' analysis of the timeline the fact that it was a group effort seems to have been ignored. If it's based on a personal assessment of the parent's demeanor then that's just an opinion. The assistant Chief Constable of LP was right; there is no evidence which excludes them

what you are saying simply isnt true....ive made several posts explaining exactly why i dont think the parents are involved...there have been long discussions about the possibility of a fatal fall beteween 8.30 and 10...do you not remember them...the discussions about...why would the mccanns campaign to have the case reopenend if they were guilty...have you forgotten those too...lets just add...that is not what the chief constable said...you have misquoted him...there is lots of evidence which excludes the mccanns
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:30:24 AM by Davel »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2019, 09:17:31 AM »

I have explained.  Logic, Logistics, Timeframe, Lack of knowledge of the area.  There were far better ways of covering up The McCanns's involvement.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2019, 09:31:09 AM »
what you are saying simply isnt true....ive made several posts explaining exactly why i dont think the parents are involved...tehre have been long discussions about teh possibility of a fatal fall beteween 8.30 and 10...do you not remeber them...the discussions about...why would teh mccanns campaign to ahve the case reopenend if they were guilty...have you forgotten those too...lets just add...taht is not what teh chief constable said...you have misquoted him...there is lots of evidence which excludes the mccanns

As true now as it was then;

"While one or both of them may be innocent, there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance." [madeleine]
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2019, 09:43:03 AM »
As true now as it was then;

"While one or both of them may be innocent, there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance." [madeleine]

now you have quoted him correctly...he said no clear evidence...not no evidence...there is plenty of evidence
and you are wrong about supporters not giving their explantion too..

PDC of the PJ said they are not suspects and thers no evidence against them....Its clear tehy are not being investigated........you are in total denial of the true facts...imo
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:50:33 AM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2019, 10:32:38 AM »
now you have quoted him correctly...he said no clear evidence...not no evidence...there is plenty of evidence
and you are wrong about supporters not giving their explantion too..

PDC of the PJ said they are not suspects and thers no evidence against them....Its clear tehy are not being investigated........you are in total denial of the true facts...imo

Whether they are being investigated or not the fact remains that no policeman has ever said there is clear evidence that eliminates them.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2019, 10:35:59 AM »
Whether they are being investigated or not the fact remains that no policeman has ever said there is clear evidence that eliminates them.

do you understand what clear evidence means...it means basically proof. No policeman has ever said there is no clear evidence to eliminate Ben Needhams grandmother...as i said...imo...you are in total denial

If Maddie ws abducted...what clear evidence would you expect to eliminate the mccanns
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 10:39:07 AM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2019, 11:02:23 AM »
do you understand what clear evidence means...it means basically proof. No policeman has ever said there is no clear evidence to eliminate Ben Needhams grandmother...as i said...imo...you are in total denial

If Maddie ws abducted...what clear evidence would you expect to eliminate the mccanns

Ben Needham's grandmother didn't try to get hold of police evidence whilst being an official suspect in the case, so no police officer needed to make any statement about her status.

A C Rowley could have said Madeleine was abducted because he had evidence that the parents weren't involved. He chose instead to justify his belief in abduction by referring to Madeleine's age.

Looking at what the police haven't said is as informative as looking at what they have said in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2019, 11:07:28 AM »
Ben Needham's grandmother didn't try to get hold of police evidence whilst being an official suspect in the case, so no police officer needed to make any statement about her status.

A C Rowley could have said Madeleine was abducted because he had evidence that the parents weren't involved. He chose instead to justify his belief in abduction by referring to Madeleine's age.

Looking at what the police haven't said is as informative as looking at what they have said in my opinion.

The McCanns actually only tried to recover information that they themselves had handed to The Police.

Offline jassi

« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2019, 11:15:06 AM »
The McCanns actually only tried to recover information that they themselves had handed to The Police.

I believe they tried for much more than that, but that's all they got
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future