Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47250 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #240 on: January 13, 2019, 11:08:49 AM »
A s

Please provide a cite for Paiva marking this sighting 'not relevant'.
I thought you were a scholar of the Files?  Go and find it yourself, you probably know the page number better than I do.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #241 on: January 13, 2019, 11:10:24 AM »
This is what Sutton is reported as saying.

‘Former Met detective chief inspector Collin Sutton has recently called for fresh interviews be undertaken with all the key British witnesses involved in the Madeleine McCann case.

Collin Sutton, "We’re talking about interviews given by the McCanns and friends through an interpreter, written down in Portuguese and then translated back into English so officers from Grange can read them. The room for error would be enormous.”

Madeleine McCann’s parents and ‘Tapas Seven’ have NEVER been formally interviewed as witnesses by Brit cops – as police hunt ‘person of significance’. Met detectives have been relying on Portuguese transcripts of formal interviews with key witnesses, including Maddie's parents.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4588686/madeleine-mccann-parents-kate-gerry-tapas-seven-never-quizzed-british-police/

Very sensible observations.

Collin Sutton, "We’re talking about interviews given by the McCanns and friends through an interpreter, written down in Portuguese and then translated back into English so officers from Grange can read them. The room for error would be enormous.”
And yet when Davel says this you all fall about sneering and scoffing.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #242 on: January 13, 2019, 11:11:54 AM »

In your opinion.
Does your opinion differ?  Do you think the PJ did not thoroughly investigate the McCanns?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #243 on: January 13, 2019, 11:18:57 AM »

‘Former Met detective chief inspector Collin Sutton has recently called for fresh interviews be undertaken with all the key British witnesses involved in the Madeleine McCann case.

Madeleine McCann’s parents and ‘Tapas Seven’ have NEVER been formally interviewed as witnesses by Brit cops – as police hunt ‘person of significance’. Met detectives have been relying on Portuguese transcripts of formal interviews with key witnesses, including Maddie's parents.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4588686/madeleine-mccann-parents-kate-gerry-tapas-seven-never-quizzed-british-police/

Sutton says the McCann's have not been formally interviewed... Not that they haven't been interviewed

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #244 on: January 13, 2019, 11:26:42 AM »

In your opinion.

This argument makes so sense. The McCanns from almost day one had the support of the media and also impressive legal and governmental support. Murat, on the other hand, didn’t. If a pasty was to be found surely Murat would have fitted the bill perfectly.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline barrier

« Reply #245 on: January 13, 2019, 11:30:12 AM »
According to whom?  Did the police find her?
There is a page missing,perhaps that covers your concerns.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #246 on: January 13, 2019, 11:31:19 AM »

I don't think they mistranslated the "No Comment" replies by Kate McCann though.  I still find her responses to all those questions appalling given the circumstances.  What did she think she was going to be charged with?  Child neglect??
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #247 on: January 13, 2019, 11:34:20 AM »
Sutton says the McCann's have not been formally interviewed... Not that they haven't been interviewed

Image the public debate if SY were to take them in for questioning.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #248 on: January 13, 2019, 11:34:30 AM »
I don't think they mistranslated the "No Comment" replies by Kate McCann though.  I still find her responses to all those questions appalling given the circumstances.  What did she think she was going to be charged with?  Child neglect??

I think she was absolutely  correct in replying no comment for reasons already discussed at length

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #249 on: January 13, 2019, 11:35:27 AM »
Image the public debate if SY were to take them in for questioning.

I would say they have already been questioned... But not under caution

Offline jassi

« Reply #250 on: January 13, 2019, 11:37:03 AM »
Does your opinion differ?  Do you think the PJ did not thoroughly investigate the McCanns?

I'm surprised you can bring yourself to admit the PJ did anything thoroughly.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #251 on: January 13, 2019, 11:40:29 AM »
This argument makes so sense. The McCanns from almost day one had the support of the media and also impressive legal and governmental support. Murat, on the other hand, didn’t. If a pasty was to be found surely Murat would have fitted the bill perfectly.
The McCanns were reviled in the Portuguese media from day one weren’t they?  Perhaps you supply links to all the positive support the McCanns enjoyed in Portugal (the country in which the PJ were operating in, in case you forgot).

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #252 on: January 13, 2019, 11:41:18 AM »
There is a page missing,perhaps that covers your concerns.
@)(++(* is that the one which describes how the family were seen getting on their unicorn and riding off into the sunset?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #253 on: January 13, 2019, 11:41:56 AM »

I'm surprised you can bring yourself to admit the PJ did anything thoroughly.
They thoroughly cocked up.  IMO  8)--))

Offline barrier

« Reply #254 on: January 13, 2019, 11:42:22 AM »
According to whom?  Did the police find her?

From the files.

As a general opinion on this subject, it is my impression that where we have no subsequent written paperwork relating to arrival and embarkations of certain boats, the PM (maritime police) followed up with port surveillance footage (CCTV), or by direct contact through radio/GPS or even ship-to-ship contact, or with visits by officers to port/marina authorities.
Rivers, coastal inlets and beaches were also visited and local residents and holiday makers in those places were questioned. One vessel was tracked through Lisbon up to Nazar?on the Portuguese coast so, in general terms, I don't think anything was overlooked.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.