Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47656 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #330 on: January 25, 2019, 08:30:58 PM »
He said that the first Portuguese investigation had 'dealt with' the question of parental involvement so there was no need for OG to revisit that. The first investigation was unable to rule out parental involvement so there was every reason to revisit that question.
The first investigation investigated the parents thoroughly and found no evidence against them so it was fair enough to say that parental involvement had been dealt with.  The fact that the current Portuguese investigation is not focusing on the parents either suggests that they too feel that parental involvement has been dealt with.  I don’t think you should be accusing Rowley of lying.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #331 on: January 26, 2019, 06:53:50 AM »
The first investigation investigated the parents thoroughly and found no evidence against them so it was fair enough to say that parental involvement had been dealt with.  The fact that the current Portuguese investigation is not focusing on the parents either suggests that they too feel that parental involvement has been dealt with.  I don’t think you should be accusing Rowley of lying.

OK. maybe he didn't know all aout the case and thought he was relling the truth. Maybe the McCanns told him they'd been cleared and he believed them. Maybe he never really examined the conclusions of the first investigation. After all, as head of anti-terrorism he was a busy man.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #332 on: January 26, 2019, 07:24:07 AM »
OK. maybe he didn't know all aout the case and thought he was relling the truth. Maybe the McCanns told him they'd been cleared and he believed them. Maybe he never really examined the conclusions of the first investigation. After all, as head of anti-terrorism he was a busy man.
Maybe you’ve got hold of the wrong end of the stick.  Maybe you refuse to accept the blatantly obvious.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #333 on: January 26, 2019, 08:43:15 AM »
Maybe you’ve got hold of the wrong end of the stick.  Maybe you refuse to accept the blatantly obvious.

Or maybe not.
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2019, 08:53:56 AM »

As Head of Anti-terrorism, why was he involved at at ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #335 on: January 26, 2019, 09:09:11 AM »
As Head of Anti-terrorism, why was he involved at at ?

Perhaps because he'd been involved for some time, so he just kept on with it.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #336 on: January 26, 2019, 11:29:45 AM »

There is no comparison with the Sutton led investigation into Levi Bellfield's murderous rampages and the Amaral led investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

The former was evidence led.

The latter was not.

The latter failed to produce any evidence which far from leading to the possibility of solving the case was botched and non-existent.
As in the failed forensic examinations made in the McCann apartment in the early hours of the 4th May which might actually have destroyed evidence.
Or was misinterpreted by the investigators ... as in the forensic evidence supplied by the FSS ... prior to Kate and Gerry McCann being constituted arguidos as a precursor to charges being laid against them.

The fact no charges were laid and Amaral was sacked from the investigation speaks volumes.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #337 on: January 26, 2019, 12:11:38 PM »
Amaral was taken off the case and transferred to Faro after criticising the British police for following prime suspect leads. Please let me know how that one works? What a farce!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #338 on: January 26, 2019, 12:23:37 PM »
There is no comparison with the Sutton led investigation into Levi Bellfield's murderous rampages and the Amaral led investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

The former was evidence led.

The latter was not.

The latter failed to produce any evidence which far from leading to the possibility of solving the case was botched and non-existent.
As in the failed forensic examinations made in the McCann apartment in the early hours of the 4th May which might actually have destroyed evidence.
Or was misinterpreted by the investigators ... as in the forensic evidence supplied by the FSS ... prior to Kate and Gerry McCann being constituted arguidos as a precursor to charges being laid against them.

The fact no charges were laid and Amaral was sacked from the investigation speaks volumes.

I don't know if this detail of the investigation was factual  I do hope it was , but I did warm to Hutton when he insisted on accompanying the FLO to meet the parents of Amelie when they arrived in London and then accompanied them to the murder scene where they left flowers.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 12:32:40 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #339 on: January 26, 2019, 12:24:37 PM »
Amaral was taken off the case and transferred to Faro after criticising the British police for following prime suspect leads. Please let me know how that one works? What a farce!

I think there may be many reasons for his sacking sounding off to a journalist who didn't us the convention of "a source close to the investigation" being one that we know about.

However ... it is worth remembering that his tirade was precipitated by rage at email evidence which had been sent to a VIP suggesting the involvement of a disgruntled MW employee.
His response was not to pass it down the line for investigation and get it out of the way ... but to have a hissy fit instead and spout to the press.  Not terribly professional I would imagine.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #340 on: January 26, 2019, 12:55:49 PM »
Here's a little clue for you. The BRITISH dogs were brought in because the BRITISH police suspected murder. British police later took on the case to finish it with a murder squad team. The case continues until the job is done! And there will be one unmistakable connection when the Madeleine McCann case is done.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #341 on: January 26, 2019, 05:50:56 PM »
Or maybe not.
Well by your own admission you don’t really have a clue so probably best to say nothing until you’re in full possession of the facts, IMO.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #342 on: January 26, 2019, 06:47:28 PM »
Well by your own admission you don’t really have a clue so probably best to say nothing until you’re in full possession of the facts, IMO.

-one on the forum is in possession of all the facts but Rowley seemed to know even less in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #343 on: January 26, 2019, 07:01:02 PM »
-one on the forum is in possession of all the facts but Rowley seemed to know even less in my opinion.
@)(++(* sure, we all know better than the guy with full possession of the facts.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #344 on: January 26, 2019, 08:30:04 PM »
@)(++(* sure, we all know better than the guy with full possession of the facts.

If you want to believe that A C Rowley examined all the evidence feel free, but I think you'll find he did no such thing.
Result = happy posting.